OG Kush & Bubba Kush auto

magik1953

Not much change here 

Tried a leaving a warm damp towel and bowl of water  to increase the humidity above 45% but had no luck yet. 

Going to purchase some TNC cal mag and TNC Mycorr soon. Probably next week. That will probably do it combined with bloom and grow that I have. 

Next wednesday I am planning to pot up. Plan is to pot up in to Bio bizz all mix so there should be enough nutes in the soil for the plants. Please advise if this is a bad idea. 

Forgot to also say I am running lights 24/0 at the minute. Will probably leave it like this for the whole grow. Makes it easier with temps. 

I am hoping to get the camera asap so that I can share some pics and will be easier for you guys to point me in the right direction 

Hope you guys had a good day 

Edited by magik1953
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, magik1953 said:

Forgot to also say I am running lights 24/0 at the minute. Will probably leave it like this for the whole grow. Makes it easier with temps. 

I've always had the firm stance that all plant including autos need some down time  :)

Personally I would switch out to 20/4 and I do think you'll notice a difference  :yep:

I know some would disagree but personally this would be my choice  :bong:

I'll get round to looking for that camera mate. We moved last year, I know there's one somewhere but it could be anywhere lol

I will ask the wife to look at the weekend  :)

All the best 

Mark..

29 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

I've always had the firm stance that all plant including autos need some down time  :)

Personally I would switch out to 20/4 and I do think you'll notice a difference  :yep:

I know some would disagree but personally this would be my choice  :bong:

I'll get round to looking for that camera mate. We moved last year, I know there's one somewhere but it could be anywhere lol

I will ask the wife to look at the weekend  :)

All the best 

Mark..

Thanks Mark, that's very kind of you. 

I will have to invest in a timer to make my life easy. 

Ill probably go from 6-10pm as lights off as house will probably be warmer

• Like 1

Not sure but I think I have been under watering them abit. 

The BK leaves aren't flat but pointing down and curled abit

The OG tips of the leaf have curled upwards abit. 

I have increased the water and given them abit more

fingers crossed. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, magik1953 said:

Not sure but I think I have been under watering them abit. 

The BK leaves aren't flat but pointing down and curled abit

The OG tips of the leaf have curled upwards abit. 

I have increased the water and given them abit more

fingers crossed. 

Are you watering at least 2 x a week with runoff? 

A timer would be of great benefit and I'm confident the plants will love the 4 hours of dark :)

I'll get around to looking for a camera mate  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

Been away for a the last few days. 

Will be potting up tomorrow in to 11l pots. 

Plants look healthy again. Water has been increased. 

@Dinafem-Mark I didn't water with run off, I just fed water and sprayed - not huge amounts because of over watering. I thought that this was an ok amount. 

Going to order nutes tonight. 

All seems ok :) 

• Like 2

I have put added soil to larger pots and watered. These have been added to the tent to get warm and for me to pot in the morning. 

Not too sure sure what's up the BK; it is very small compared to the OG which has stretched massively. 

BK doesn't look the happiest, leaves are slightly droopy. Aiming to pick camera up this weekend along with nutes :)  

Slightly concerned that the BK isnt gonna make it lol  but we can work that out as we go along. It looks a lot weaker, particularly the stem, against the OG. 

A camera should help you guys see how I am getting on. 

Temps are steady around 22/23 mark and humidity is stable at 45/50. 

I will definitely need to train the OG. Feel like she is going to be a monster. I was thinking of LST around day 21? Am I correct in thinking that this is ok, timewise. 

Have a good weekend all

• Like 2

Nutes ordered they come tomorrow

As I am at the two week stage how often should I water plants and how much should I aim for?

i am using 11l pots. 

• Like 1

I have potted up - OG didn't go to plan, I left some of the roots in the pot by accident and ripped it slightly. Let's pray it pulls through! 

BK went smoothly 

Edited by magik1953
  • Like 2

Looks like the OG has survived and pulled through ok. 

Plan is to LST tonight. Trying to search for Blackpoolbouncers guide. 

Next watering I plan to add some Biobizz grow and bloom

and calmag. Please advice if this is incorrect. Cheers all

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Openairbud said:

Bouncers guide is at the top of dinafem 2015 grow diaries mate :)

Thank you! 

• Like 1

Unfortunaltely I killed the BK. I snapped the stem when trying to LST. I think it was probably to soon to try and train the BK and abit heavy handed. 

All my focus is now on the OG which is looking good and responding well to training. There has been sprouting of new nodes which is a good sign  

Im praying that I don't screw this up and can get something good to smoke! 

Temps are stable around 22/23. I am still just feeding water, the OG doesn't not look like it needs anything else. 

I am not sure when I am going to introduce grow into the feeding schedule. 

So far they haven't been massive drinkers having about one litre every couple or days or so. I have been waiting for the soil to feel dry by putting my fingers and inch or two deep into the soil. 

Id imagine she will start drinking more. 

Shes 23 days old now :)

• Like 2

It felt wrong liking your bad news @magik1953

I think everyone who's started off has had that sick to the stomach feeling, there's nothing you can do now so no point beating yourself up. 

Have you thought about cracking a photo now because of your light cycle by the time the og's done the photo should be ready to flower when og's done (i'm not sure how long it takes to flower the og auto).  Seriously think that photos are a bit more forgiving than autos for everyone, but beginners especially.  That way you'll be able to refine your LST, takes a cut and I reckon your temps should be getting to the point of not needing to worry about because of the summer months.  Just something to consider.  Personally i do everything my way and the more folks try to convince me round the more stubborn i become.  (I don't think it's really a good trait in me but at least I learn from my own mistakes).

Hope your og more than makes up for the loss of the BK.

ATB

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Teeth said:

Have you thought about cracking a photo now because of your light cycle by the time the og's done the photo should be ready to flower when og's done

Great idea :yep:

@magik1953 Sorry to hear about the bubba kush lost mate :( never good to lose a plant but as said the beginning of a grow can be tricky and is a learning curve :yep:

Let's get a couple of grows under your belt and you'll be growing like a pro in no time :bong:

A huge part of growing which took me all my 20,s to discover was patience  :yep:

A bit of time and experience will solve this I'm confident  :yep:

Your temps sound stable  ;)

Can I ask 3 questions?

What size pots are you using?

What age is the OG kush now?

What is your estimated veg time?

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1