OG Kush & Bubba Kush auto

magik1953

Good evening all 

Welcome to Magiks attempt at a first grow. 

I have just tried to pop my beans using the wet kitchen roll method in Tupperware - as the title says I am going to be attempting to grow OG Kush and Bubba Kush. 

Both of these are autos and will be grown in a DR60. 

just getting together all the equipment and working out the timing logistics to ensure I'll be here for the during has been difficult, so I am quite concerned about all of this really and fucking it up! 

Thank you to all the folks on this forum who helped me with my set up. It is much appreciated. 

I still have some final touches to complete tomorrow on my tent but I should be ok (ducting). 

Product list:

QB 135w (driver attached)

KSA acoustic fan 125mm

Rhino pro 125mm CF 

sms pro 4 amp 

1l pot and transfer to 11l - might drop this to 7l if needs be. 

Biobizz lightmix for 2-3 weeks. 

Biobizz all mix

Biobizz Bloom and Grow

I will get more nutes when needed. 

I think I will also wire a DIY pc intake fan and run it off the controller if needs be. 

Tbc.....

• Like 4

Thank you for selecting our genetics for your first grow :yep:

You have a solid plan, a good selection if equipment and the support from both myself and the UK420 community  :)

Best of luck with the grow. I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

That's for dropping in guys. 

So today I have spent some time sorting out my fan and sms controller. 

I have had a bit of setback with the SMS. My one has half knobs instead of full circular knobs so it doesn't indicate what setting it is on.  Has anyone else got one like this? I guess I will have to just try and play around and dial it in. 

Tomorrow my rachet should come so I'll be able to complete the set up. 

I will check the beans tomorrow and see how they are getting on in the Tupperware and then pot up into the 1l pots with biobizz light mix. 

Would appreciate any directions on how wet the soil should be. I was also thinking of using the cling film method to increase humidity. I think I read this on here and you can create a small hole for the plant to grow through. 

Then I will put them in the tent under the QB on the lowest setting. 

Really exicited now,  hopefully I can get the set up right. 

I will try and upload pics as I go along. I need to read how I do it securely.... lol 

cheers all

edit: Just checked on beans and roots have not sprouted. I think I may have left them in a bit too much water so I rung paper towels out a bit....... fingers crossed. 

Edited by magik1953
  • Like 1

You want your medium damp and not soaking wet. You need to keep some moisture in the medium but you also want to force that root to grow by searching out feed :)

You want to plant root down and gently cover with medium. 1-2cm will be perfect depth. 

Yes, you can cover the top to increase humidity which will help the seedling and yes it could be left on but personally I would remove  :)

You could start of in a propogator if you want to keep humidity high. I would do as you are doing.

Plant into the 1l pots, cover seedling with medium in 1-2cm hole. Cling film the top of the pot. When seed is through remove film  :)

As soon as your seedlings are above ground the extra humidity from the cling film will be no advantage imo :)

The controller you mentioned I know but I've never used that model. I'm sure someone will be along who can assist :yep:

Will drop back in on the next update mate  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Had a bit of set back, I didn't have any wire cutters for my ducting so I didn't pot up yesterday. 

Beans have popped, the root (if you call it that) are about an inch long. Hopefully they will still be ok tonight in the Tupperware today and I'll finish it tonight. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, magik1953 said:

Had a bit of set back, I didn't have any wire cutters for my ducting so I didn't pot up yesterday. 

Beans have popped, the root (if you call it that) are about an inch long. Hopefully they will still be ok tonight in the Tupperware today and I'll finish it tonight. 

You could always pop on the windowsill for now in the lovely weather until your ducting is sorted. I had the same issue once before barstard ducting was about 5m too long lmao tried to twist it off and it wasn't having it without ruining the rest

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, UKsFinest said:

You could always pop on the windowsill for now in the lovely weather until your ducting is sorted.

Good call :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Managed to get everything finished and set up 

Tried my best to dim my QB to lowest setting but I don't have a watt reader to check. Fingers crossed. 

Overally very pleased. It all looks very tidy. 

Seedlings are potted and under lights as per marks instruction 

happy 420 everyone. 

Have a a great day 

• Like 3

Both have now come up above soil and look healthy so far. 

Temps have been at 23.1 and humidity stable at 50%. So far so good. 

I have sprayed them with a bit of water this morning so that should keep them going ok for now. 

The fan set up is really good, you can't hear a thing really. Super stealthy for those with noise concerns. I guess that it will be louder as it may have to work harder around harvest time?? 

Should I open the flaps on the side of the DR60 to let more airflow through? The tent seems quite 'vacumed'. I don't really want the light leaking out but I can deal with it if necessary. 

Will get some pics up shortly. 

• Like 1

Sounds like things are progressing at a steady pace :yep:

Do you have anyway to upload pictures? As we would love to see your progress  :yep:

Thanks for the update my friend!

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Morning all

Everything going along smoothly here.... I think lol

temps remain steady at 23-24 and humidity is between 45-50. Have tried to increase this by adding a bit of water to the tent but it doesn't seem to be doing too much. 

Not sure how much water I should be adding but I have been spraying the plants every morning, just a little bit and checking that the soil isn't too dry! 

Lights are probably about 60w (lowest setting on QB) and will be gradually increasing as the plant gets older. 

My plant is to LST the plants to help keep the height down and maximise yield. Best to do this around 3 weeks? 

Any other nutes you can recommend? I have biobizz bloom and grow at the time being. I know that I should get some cal mag

I am trying to get old of a digital camera so that I can upload. Don't really want to do it on phone 

Plants are looking good. OG is taller than BK by about an inch. 

Have a a good day all

• Like 2

On 23/04/2018 at 11:15 AM, magik1953 said:

I am trying to get old of a digital camera so that I can upload. Don't really want to do it on phone 

Let me see if I have a spare digital camera :)

Pictures would make a world of difference mate :yep:

Things sound to be going well. Temps are good and humidity stable :)

Thanks for the update mate :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 3

Thanks mate 

yeah i I am very happy with the progress so far but I guess this is the easy bit!

feeling quite nervous about the journey ahead lol 

my goal is to have some decent smoke at the end. Not bothered about yield really. 

Further update..... temps are still steady and humidity steady at 23.5 and 45%. 

OG - 3.5inch tall 

BK- 2.5inch tall

Both have the 4 leaves but look like 2 sets lol if you know what I mean.... 

• Like 1