On 16/05/2018 at 8:30 AM, crticalcontent said:

Hey beezee I see things are happening at your plot and wish you the best. Apparently we’re in for a weeks worth of sun. Don’t want that clay baking on you might have a few trips watering I reckon. If your planning on keeping this spot. I’d 100% recommend you get a couple 25kg bags of horticultural grit and forking over and giving it a good going over with the hoe. From over the years doing gardening commercially and domestically and say with experience  its absolutely the single best thing at breaking down clay soil. From unworkable nightmare to fluffy well draining. It’s cheap as fuck to! Good luck mate.

On 16/05/2018 at 10:16 AM, beezee said:

Nice one for the tip @crticalcontent I'm not sure about carrying those weights into that location, I have to go down a steep bramble covered bank and over fences to get in. 

It's right next to a woodland so I was going to take a rake there and make a big pile of leaves to rot down, then turn that in when it's nice and fluffy.

Also there's water running off the mountain there, so it never dries out ;)

I've added perlite to loamy clay soil... Works a treat and feather light to carry to the plot... Provides aeration and all. Have you ever tried it @crticalcontent?

• Like 4

yeh mate i have over the years @Boomslang. it defo adds abit of structure to the soil, but i am telling you now. i have had gadens which have had the most clayiest soil you can imagine. literally you probably could of dug a square out and made a sculpture lol . the horticultural grit well worked in the a bit of compost or what have you and the clients were growing big lush plants in flower beds that used to just flood and drown everything then bake rock solid in the sun. but yes mate i agree a bit of perlite is defo a positive add in for incresed  structure of medium.  25kg on the back is nothing.  two trips jobs a gooden. but each too their own. horses for courses. im gooing to shout you soon @beezee hacking awayat the white widow xxl with the cheesX widow male which absoulutley reeked! and also got the pollen stored for blue dragon mazar. interesting times. lots of strains getting te hack treatment. just for the love of it. if i get my seeds climatised to my lat the hypothesis is tey will perform better, one trough selective breeding and two natrual adaption. its a weird thing actually i was watching a documentary about garlic farming lol i know gripping edge of the seat stuff. but he would by exotic strains of gsrlic that sell for mega bucks in these michelin star resuraunts. aany how fisrt yery ther did nothing, he harvested  the new bulbs and the grew shit hot the next season. He then tried it with loads of exotics garlic breed types. and the same thing now the guys boombing making big doh!!! maybe i sould do a garlic plot lol 

• Like 8

Looking nice and healthy @beezee I will be very interested in how smelly the DMA as i was considering growing in this in the garden....

:yep:

• Like 4

On 19/05/2018 at 0:20 AM, crticalcontent said:

yeh mate i have over the years @Boomslang. it defo adds abit of structure to the soil, but i am telling you now. i have had gadens which have had the most clayiest soil you can imagine. literally you probably could of dug a square out and made a sculpture lol . the horticultural grit well worked in the a bit of compost or what have you and the clients were growing big lush plants in flower beds that used to just flood and drown everything then bake rock solid in the sun. but yes mate i agree a bit of perlite is defo a positive add in for incresed  structure of medium.  25kg on the back is nothing.  two trips jobs a gooden. but each too their own. horses for courses. im gooing to shout you soon @beezee hacking awayat the white widow xxl with the cheesX widow male which absoulutley reeked! and also got the pollen stored for blue dragon mazar. interesting times. lots of strains getting te hack treatment. just for the love of it. if i get my seeds climatised to my lat the hypothesis is tey will perform better, one trough selective breeding and two natrual adaption. its a weird thing actually i was watching a documentary about garlic farming lol i know gripping edge of the seat stuff. but he would by exotic strains of gsrlic that sell for mega bucks in these michelin star resuraunts. aany how fisrt yery ther did nothing, he harvested  the new bulbs and the grew shit hot the next season. He then tried it with loads of exotics garlic breed types. and the same thing now the guys boombing making big doh!!! maybe i sould do a garlic plot lol 

I have 40 purple garlics in my raised bed in the garden. Whoever comes around say, wow you're leeks look amazing!  :rofl: :yep: Brought t back from South of France 3 years ago.

Garlic does acclimatise very well year after year, but I'm not sure to what extent weed does. Does it all?. Good tip the horticultural sand mate. What sort of ratio are you talking about for a dense clay?

Edited by Boomslang
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, Boomslang said:

Nice mate... Love the sound of purple garlic... I am growing Garlic as well...from the Isle of white... Going to grow some ginger aswell as different types of mint... Chocolate mint, pineapple, etc

• Like 4

Hey @MacGanja if your growing real mint you need to keep it pots, if it goes in the ground it will spread everywhere! It took years to get rid of at my sisters place. 

Ginger you'll have to bring into the house over winter too, it won't stand for any cold. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, beezee said:

Hey @MacGanja if your growing real mint you need to keep it pots, if it goes in the ground it will spread everywhere! It took years to get rid of at my sisters place. 

Ginger you'll have to bring into the house over winter too, it won't stand for any cold. 

Yeah I have got them in pots... Only issue I find is the lower growth is not growing... I have two main stems and loads of growth underneath but they are  just not growing... Is it the same as Ganja do I need to LST or top it to get the rest of it growing? 

• Like 4

Nice to see this thread filling up and some great chatter going on  ;)

I think this is going to be our best outdoor season for many years :) and Dinafems best ever on UK420  :yep:

As @beezee has won "best outdoor grower" in 2016 and placed 2nd last year he knows is stuff and any new or old growers I'm sure will find something in this diary that you did not know which could help in your grows  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 5

On 18/05/2018 at 3:02 PM, beezee said:

Just a 'quick' update... 

Both the quick critical+ are up

This will be the 1st in the world so I'm sure many will be watching how our new Quick critical does in the great outdoors  ;)

Thanks for testing this new Dinafem girl brother  ;)

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 5

Cheers for stopping in mark :)

I really hope I can do the quick critical justice, if I'd have known about them earlier I would've made space for a full pack. Maybe next year I'll do more of them??? 

• Like 2

At last, some rain :D

The girls in the gh have been loving this sunny weather. 

Dinamed auto looks about ready to start flowering, could do with a decent bit of stretch. 

large.15271896192821.jpg

Gorilla & quick critical are finding their feet too.

Gorilla is the big one... 

large.15271895626780.jpg

Gonna try and get out to the plots asap 

• Like 6

Hope that Dinamed gets a move on for you mate and stretches a bit. Leaves look pretty wide.

Nice tips on the non cannabis gardening. You sure you're not that Terry off radio 2? lol

• Like 3