Let's get this outdoor started then!

So I'll start with my strain selection, after seeing how well critical cheese did last year, I selected 10 for this year's comp :D I'll also be testing 3 new varieties for dinafem, purps#1, purple moby dick and dinamed auto. Many thanks to @Dinafem-Mark and the dinafem team for these! 

large.15231312050502.jpg

Now onto the plot, I'll be using the same one as last year for dinafem gear, but it's had/having a lot more work put into it! 

Here's the reason not much grew last year... 

large.15230419728191.jpg

Heavy clay soil, aaarrrrgggghhhh!!!

Anyway I've made a start digging the whole lot over which was really tough going! 

Here it is before I started 

large.15230419727150.jpglarge.15230419729422.jpg

And again after a lot of work 

large.15230419730623.jpglarge.15230419732154.jpglarge.15230420248695.jpg

I've already added 3kg of FBB, I'll also be turning in chicken shit and rotting leaves from the near by woodland on my next visit, probably lol

Seeds for the plot will most likely be started in my greenhouse, in root trainers next week... 

I have already started a dinamed auto that will stay in the gh (Friday 6th April for reference), the seed went straight into a 15l bucket of compost (Levington M2 mixing with compost bin stuff) and I'll expect to see something in the next couple of days. 

Good luck to all the other growers, may your harvests be bountiful! 

• Like 22

Nice to see you back for the 2018 outdoor grow season mate :yep:

Looks like prep is going well and a fine selection of genetics :)

This should be a great season God knows we are due one and I have high hopes for this year :)

You know I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest mate  :)

Best if luck brother  @beezee:bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 5

Good luck @beezee looks like a sweet spot... Lots of hard work looks like has gone into that already... I have a very similar spot with soil so sticky.. I can't believe its clay... How much coco have you added... :yep:

• Like 4

@Dinafem-Mark cheers mate, I'm determined to get better results this year :)

@MacGanja the plot location is almost ideal apart from 1 big tree. The soil needs work, I think I've taken about 300l of coco in there so far and it needs a lot more. 

I'll pm you about clay soil... 

• Like 4

Nice man I still need to find my perfect spot.. got one in mind its a bit close to a public walkway but its surrounded by like 30 feet of brambles so should be alright.. But I'm still on the hunt, not putting all my chickens in 1 basket.

• Like 4

@Bud Wiser yes mate both the spade and fork have the quick release on them, I will remember to get those pics for you soon ;)

@UKsFinest I've a plot like yours, can't use it this year due to building work nearby, but it's done me very well in the past. Don't worry too much about the smell, Any one that recognises it will most likely think some one is chuffing a J nearby ;)

• Like 5

I have a friend thats meant to be coming with me to look for some spots hes meant to be getting some cuttings to put out, hes let me down for the past couple of weeks it looks like I'll have to go alone this time :wanker:

• Like 3

Be careful you don't put clones out too early, they're already mature and can flower. 

Also best to do at least 1 plot on your own, just in case. 

• Like 6

22 hours ago, beezee said:

@Dinafem-Mark

@MacGanja the plot location is almost ideal apart from 1 big tree. The soil needs work, I think I've taken about 300l of coco in there so far and it needs a lot more. 

I'll pm you about clay soil... 

That's dedication! I must say having dug separate holes in very similar medium.. Then I tried to create something similar to yours but with only a shovel... It's bloody hard work... So hats off! I am sure it will be worth it... Looks like some super rich soil!  Gluck mate! 

• Like 3

Best of luck @beezee with this one :) , 

Bet it's been hard work digging and turning the plot over especially with the clay underneath.  

Looks a lot better now you've started the prepping and adding coco blocks.

Hopefully it will start getting abit milder weather although it's still quite cool here outside. 

Fingers crossed for a long drawn out warm summer :thumsup:.

twoscoops :oldtoker:

• Like 4

Hey @twoscoops I've been back at that plot today, the clay was really sticky and held together by bracken rhizomes, tough going! 

One more visit and it should be ready for planting. 

All the weds have started growing too, so the soil must be warming up a bit :yep:

• Like 4

I think I'll be starting the seeds within a week, then veg for 4 weeks in the gh, so latest of mid may plant out. 

• Like 6