looking nice  ...  plenty of work gone into that site mate ...  my new guerilla site isent too bad ,  soil is damp peat type stuff  so im  dropping coco  and compost in it bit by bit till it looks to be ok .....   ..  keep us up to speed on how ya get on with it  tho mate :yep:

Edited by vortex
  • Like 4

Alright @vortex

I expect I'll get another lot of pics up before plant out, just to show the amount of work that's gone into it. My muscles are telling is quite a lot lol

Keep amending that soil and it will be stunning after a couple of seasons ;)

• Like 4

Best of luck beezee, ill be watching with interest, specially the purps 1. Fingers crossed for a scorchin autumn.

i know nobody believes me but you’re better off not digging soggy clay like that. Just bung the goodies on top and let mother nature do the grafting.:cowboy:

heres some dinafem autos in undug clay last year....large.596e16deb4e04_IMG_000124.JPGlarge.596e1680bfb7d_IMG_000519.JPGlarge.596e16a70fc4c_IMG_001113.JPGlarge.5967a23599889_IMG_000618.JPG

• Like 7

Hey @inaction man I'm sure you know what your on about, but I tried that last year. Results were crap to say the least. 

I'm more comfortable doing this and I think the bracken roots might've inhibited growth too, so they're all coming out :)

• Like 6

Great start Beez mate. Hard work digging that clay but will be worth it when it's broken down a bit. Lot's of nutrients, more in red clay though if I'm not mistaken.

Shame you couldn't have dug it over before winter and let the frost do the work :)

My head is still up my arse trying to find plots so I'm gonna be forced to use plot 1 again. Just 4 or 6 autos, not decided yet lol

Spied another plot that needs another 5 or 6 hour bramble fight :boxing: It's a bit of a dodgy location but worth a go. Just waiting for a hedgerow to green up for some cover  before I make my way in.

Best of luck for the season dude :yep:

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, beezee said:

Hey @inaction man I'm sure you know what your on about, but I tried that last year. Results were crap to say the least. 

I'm more comfortable doing this and I think the bracken roots might've inhibited growth too, so they're all coming out :)

Fair enough buddy, maybe you started a bit late? I pile it up over winter when i fancy some exercise and by spring its good to go. Its funny how it all works out differently for us GGers out there. 

Brackens a big pain in the butt and it loves acid soil. A couple of kilos of calcified seaweed will piss it off big time. See how its encroaching on the hill fields that used to be heavily limed but are now left without liming.

• cant wait to see how yer ladies look in a few months.:yep:
  • Like 4

Bloody hell @jadenugs I've only just started this thread and your messing it up already... Only joking mate :D

Cheers for looking in, I'm still aching a bit today that clay felt more like glue after an hour lol

I'm sure there must be some nice plots near you somewhere, any unused fields or by the sides of A roads/motorways? 

@inaction man calcified seaweed and gypsum went down yesterday :yep: but the only thing I do over winter is get fat ha ha ha 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, beezee said:

Bloody hell @jadenugs I've only just started this thread and your messing it up already... Only joking mate :D

Cheers for looking in, I'm still aching a bit today that clay felt more like glue after an hour lol

I'm sure there must be some nice plots near you somewhere, any unused fields or by the sides of A roads/motorways? 

@inaction man calcified seaweed and gypsum went down yesterday :yep: but the only thing I do over winter is get fat ha ha ha 

Should i prep my soil outside for when i transplant you reckon?? Mine are in pots already 3 weeks into veg

• Like 3

Cheers @Whambud I've been keeping an eye on your diary too ;)

Is up to you when you prep, I don't like leaving it to the last minute and the soil is shit at my plots lol

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, beezee said:

Cheers @Whambud I've been keeping an eye on your diary too ;)

Is up to you when you prep, I don't like leaving it to the last minute and the soil is shit at my plots lol

The real organic growers like to get the bone meal, Blood meal, lime thingy lol all that shit on their plots months before they put any suckers in their hats off to them but man i use biobizz thats as organic as i get lol I've got nettles that are a good 9 months old in some water i gave up looking for god damn comfry this was last season haha anyway if i use bottled nutes to treal defeciencies if i get any that should surfice right?? these grew fine right into the soil till i realised they grew nuts not flowers cause i was trying to be cheap and got HFH seed without realizing they was all regs haha

large.herbolder1.JPG

• Like 6

Nothing wrong with HFH stuff, I did well with Leb27v2 the first year I did guerrilla. 

If you want comfrey, get some root cuttings of bocking14 off ebay and plant at your plot ;)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, beezee said:

Nothing wrong with HFH stuff, I did well with Leb27v2 the first year I did guerrilla. 

If you want comfrey, get some root cuttings of bocking14 off ebay and plant at your plot ;)

Not knocking them at all! Funny you say that because thats a male leb27v2 and boy he was a tank healtiest plant i've ever she he was just sadly a he lol, All my big plants where lads and my small ones where fems lol this time im ahead i've got fem seed/plants now and im not putting them out late this time so we should be good haha!

Hmmm could do i guess i need to look into that one for sure was deffo loooking to grow other things too not just erb lol any suggestions??

• Like 3