Landrace , Heirloom , wanted and Un-buyable stock....

panik

8 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

are you saying you have some sensi seed thai skunk seeds ? cos i can tell you guerillas ..those babies produce bigtime outdoors and hardy as fuck ..i grew a fuckton of those all over the place in the late 80s ..truly awesome with a lot of them having that imported thai smell to them the others a fruity skunk ..masssssssive donkey dicks ..

got some thunks up now ,,good to know

Edited by harvestreaper

7 minutes ago, Breezus said:

The Sensi NL#5 x Haze was a big yielder but a fairly tame smoke . I preferred the Thai that was about back then , less yield but trippy as fook 

:yinyang:

not the cut we had in the eaerly 90s in the south east  used to find people in there cars outside the house they smoke it in next mornin lol

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, harvestreaper said:

not the cut we had in the eaerly 90s in the south east  used to find people in there cars outside the house they smoke it in next mornin lol

There were 2/3 cuts flying round the north then but the Thai was just for me way better . Saying that it was all just better back then it seems 

Just now, Breezus said:

There were 2/3 cuts flying round the north then but the Thai was just for me way better . Saying that it was all just better back then it seems 

i hear ya it wernt my fav  but it was legendary down south put many cuts out of it over the years  but my fav  back then was a plant we called skaze  it grew like the thing sticky fruity happy powerful herbal charlie  ,,yea you right everything was better lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Breezus said:

The Sensi NL#5 x Haze was a big yielder but a fairly tame smoke . 

The cut I had for a while early/ mid 90s was the exact opposite, not a great yielder (compared to the superskunk I also had), but mentally strong

Edited by Mr blue
  • Like 4

What's the chances of there being any sssc stock in that seed find ? 

All before my time but seems to be what breeders are chasing at the minute. 

Edited by Welsh Tom
  • Like 1

sorry @panik but those spice of life seeds are almost certainly fake.I think I know where they may have come from but SOL never sold seed in those packs. I bought some and got in touch with chimera about them and was told about a load of BS that went down,something to do with icmag, and a dude called JG or similar, who set up his own seed bank selling f2s in ripoff packaging. I eventually got mine replaced and they came in the familiar SOL packs.I've only ever seen SOL seeds sold in either a brown envelope (like chimera,dj short,dr atomic) or in a matchbox in a silver mylar baggy. Just a heads up.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, The lone stoner said:

sorry @panik but those spice of life seeds are almost certainly fake.I think I know where they may have come from but SOL never sold seed in those packs. I bought some and got in touch with chimera about them and was told about a load of BS that went down,something to do with icmag, and a dude called JG or similar, who set up his own seed bank selling f2s in ripoff packaging. I eventually got mine replaced and they came in the familiar SOL packs.I've only ever seen SOL seeds sold in either a brown envelope (like chimera,dj short,dr atomic) or in a matchbox in a silver mylar baggy. Just a heads up.

Yeah, I think someone made f2's of old SOL stock and they where being sold under the SOL banner and given away at another forum/seedbank for ages. (possibly still are, though after a couple of bad experiences I shall not return!)
I think it was initially sold under the idea that they where trying to revive SOL seeds using old stock, but some thought it all a bit cheeky as Breeder Steve wasn't involved in it at all.

I grew the sweet tooth out, well... only got one from five seeds to pop, crossed the resulting male to my Orange Bud mother of the time, and to be fair the grapefruit phenotypes from those seeds I made where stunning!

I remember the Blue Satellite they where giving loads of away seemed to become very popular over there aswell, was always disappointed that I never got any!

Maybe Panik got them from elsewhere and the packaging is just a coincedence?

Anyway, the whole project looks extremely interesting, am in the process of setting up (yet another!) new space after a fair bit of moving around, and intend my first year in there is going to be focused around doing f2 runs of all of the older packs in my tin. I still have a good few packs of old Nirvana, Positronics, Sam Skunkman and Rezdog that I have been itching to get going for a while now, hopefully 2018 will see me doing similar, if not on a bit of a smaller scale! lol

Edited by audioaddict
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, The lone stoner said:

Don't know if they are fakes mate,i actually remember getting the ST#3 from Canada years ago when they first came out and that's how they were packaged BUT theres also a box of SOL packs all in brown envelopes,theres alos chimera,dj short,and Dr Automatic.

• Like 1

In paniks pic there are 2 different logos for SOL,but unfortunately,unless they were sourced more than 12 years ago they will be the knockoffs. I know that the only seed sold under the SOL name since the millenium were made by chimera which was in around 2003-5, for steve and with his blessing,there were also projects with dj short. They were packaged in a fancy way to help relaunch SOL seeds, and any existing stock which had sat about in the meantime would have been in the brown envelopes if legitimate. Several years later the fella who opened the seed depot made all the f2s and sold them in those packs you show above, as well as f2s of chimeras gear,djs and others, which I was very familiar with the packaging of,and which has not changed. It was when I spoke with chimera about those seeds he told me about what had happened, and personally replaced the seeds from his own collection even though he hadn't seen a penny of the money I had spent with the f2 artist. I grew around 30 of the blubonic seeds and was very disappointed with the females.In fact every seed I got from that particular place was a complete waste of time and effort/resources as I didn't get a single worthwhile female from any of the strains I bought and have had excellent results with the legitimate versions in the past...also the sheer amount of seeds in the large bag is a big giveaway they're not what they're meant to be. I hope I'm wrong but I am 100% sure I won't be as I feel I've had horses in this race myself. If you do have access to the seeds in the brown envelopes with a glossy sticker on then I would concentrate on those.

Edited by The lone stoner
  • Like 3

There are a lot of seeds/ strains and selection to go through mate , as far as I'm aware majority of all the stuff  has come from source/breeders direct so it will be a case of painstakingly going through everything and having a bloody good sort out even a few germination tests etc,.. but I will be going down my normal route as being fair on prices etc as there's no need for piss taking in this industry ,.. the message is to spread the seed far and wide and hopefully out grow this poxy illegal law we all live by.., even if I have to give a large majority out as freebies with orders,.. its 10x better the seed in hands of growers that might benefit and find something special than wasting something that may never surface or been seen again in our life time,..

• Like 35

imagine cross breeding some of those old strains ,,,, the mind boggles ......  will be keeping a close eye on the site mate ,,,   i would love some of those old school smokes  and would try to  pollinate  so i would allways have a plentyful supply ....

• Like 2