2018 Outdoor Grow Thread Competition!

@HSO-Mark hi mark would have liked to try the new company but as you know to much going on here for a dairy ,plus health has gone tit's up again  and the docs meds screwing my body to the point i struggle to do anything , hoping i can do a small grow in my tunnel and have a good year .

A huge thanks to Mark and the humbolt team for the comp and Marks hard work in getting these comps 

Have a good year all and stay safe in them there woods .

Edited by noddy
  • Like 6

@MacGanja

I haven't found any more info on the maize fields mate. Haven't had much time for reading lately. However, I'm getting hopeful on a new potential plot I found at the weekend :) I need to go back and do a proper recce. It's an area of young pines growing haphazardly, not in rows, with lots of wild undergrowth between the trees. It will be a fight to get into the middle so that's a good thing. I'll be fighting my way in next visit to see if there's any clearings and get a soil sample. You grew next to pines last season straight in the ground, did you test a sample and do any amendments? If it's too acidic I'll be putting dolomite lime and calcified seaweed down. If it's too boggy I'll be using swamp tubes with lime in the bottom and fresh compost. Like I said I need to have a closer look but I'm getting excited about this one and if it turns out ok there'll be some photos going in. Still thinking of maize fields for back up :yep:

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, jadenugs said:

@MacGanja

I haven't found any more info on the maize fields mate. Haven't had much time for reading lately. However, I'm getting hopeful on a new potential plot I found at the weekend :) I need to go back and do a proper recce. It's an area of young pines growing haphazardly, not in rows, with lots of wild undergrowth between the trees. It will be a fight to get into the middle so that's a good thing. I'll be fighting my way in next visit to see if there's any clearings and get a soil sample. You grew next to pines last season straight in the ground, did you test a sample and do any amendments? If it's too acidic I'll be putting dolomite lime and calcified seaweed down. If it's too boggy I'll be using swamp tubes with lime in the bottom and fresh compost. Like I said I need to have a closer look but I'm getting excited about this one and if it turns out ok there'll be some photos going in. Still thinking of maize fields for back up :yep:

My soil was crap... It was sand stone and stones  few inches down .. So I had to dig holes and bring in my own soil...which was a bugger... So well worth digging a tester hole... I found heavy duty water proof trousers really helps with the brambles and gorse....good luck! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mcgarret said:

@HSO-Mark Bloody snowing as I enter this outdoor growing competition - is this an omen?

I sincerely hope not mate. We have quite a bit of snow in the Midlands which I'm sure by the end of the day will be gone or slush. Let's keep our fingers crossed for a great outdoor season. Heaven knows we are due one :bong:

Thanks for getting you name down mate :yep:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 2

@MacGanja

I took a sample from an area not far away from this one the other week and it was peaty/Sandy and read yellow 5-6 acidic on the colour chart from a Homebase testing kit. I'm expecting it to be more or less the same here but I will dig a hole, roots permitting.

Cheers dude ;)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jadenugs said:

@MacGanja

I took a sample from an area not far away from this one the other week and it was peaty/Sandy and read yellow 5-6 acidic on the colour chart from a Homebase testing kit. I'm expecting it to be more or less the same here but I will dig a hole, roots permitting.

Cheers dude ;)

Let the fun commence ... Lol.. Sounds different to mine.   Yeah mine was pure sand and stone... God knows  how those pine trees grow... I will have to pick one and ask him/her one day!

• Like 2

@MacGanja

Give him/her a bell on one of your phone's. Don't bother trying to text lol Couldn't resist.

Surprised you didn't have to keep lugging water up to your plots. Maybe there were breaks in the substrate. Pure sand drains too well

@BLhaze

Here you go mate ;)http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/386013-2018-outdoor-grow-thread-competition/&

• Like 4

Hi @HSO-Mark, glad you guys decided to do the outdoor comp. I was so keen when you started your indoor competiton. I would be well up for entering the OD comp if there's any space left.

Cheers,

Boom

• Like 1