Grower not a shower

The next grow has commenced.

1x dinafem critical+ and 1x Barneys farm critical kush are currently wrapped in a wet paper towel between 2 tea plates on top on my sky box.

Off to the grow shop tomorrow for a few supplies. 

I’ll get the diary up and running once there’s something to write about

• Like 4

That's a great end result my friend  :)

Over 300g is a fine result in my books and should see you though until your next harvest lol

Nice to see another Dinafem strain in your next run and you know I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest  :yep:

Have fun at the grow shop and I'll check in in your next Dinafem or HSO adventure  :bong:

Thanks for a lovely diary and enjoy that end product  :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

What a brilliantly detailed thread, lots of helpful information! 

Il be growing in the exact same tent as you @Grower not a shower if you were to do anything differently again, other than your nute pen issues and more savage lollipopping needed; what would you change? 

End result from one small room Nd one plant was pretty fantastic,esp for first grow...now if only I can do the same.. .

Edited by Mimicker
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry @MimickerI ha ent been on here in a while. 

Im currently on my 3rd grow in the same tent but I have modified my set up a little. The best advice I could give is to get a decent light, preferably air cooled cos the heat is a nightmare to control. I used one of those crappy winged reflectors and it cooked the top buds! Make sure you’ve also got good extraction and if you can an active intake. Don’t be tempted to do what I did and flower them under 600w hps cos you’ll run into problems with fox-tailing towards the end. 

My current grow is nearly done. I’ve got another 2 dinafem girls in there just now, white widow and another blue cheese. I’ll try to get some pics up tomorrow if I get the chance. I reckon they’ll be getting chopped no later than next weekend. 

The biggest tip I’ll give you though is learn the mainline/manifold technique or another training method cos it’ll save you so much hassle trying to control the height of the plants! My first 2 grows I mainlined both and got amazing results. This time I’ve squeezed 2 plants into one grow and just left them to it and it’s been a nightmare. The ww is so short but the bc grew like ivy during the stretch phase! 

• Like 1

@Grower not a shower thanks for your reply, really helps me foreplan my grow, air-cooled reflector - check. Will get one ordered asap.

Could have the enclosed space around the tent contributed to the heat? Anyhow I'll take your words to heed, I was planning a 600w light running at 400w on a dimmable ballast so hopefully that plus a air-cooled hood Will Keep me sweet

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mimicker said:

@Grower not a shower thanks for your reply, really helps me foreplan my grow, air-cooled reflector - check. Will get one ordered asap.

Could have the enclosed space around the tent contributed to the heat? Anyhow I'll take your words to heed, I was planning a 600w light running at 400w on a dimmable ballast so hopefully that plus a air-cooled hood Will Keep me sweet

Ideally and this is just me but I would do this

600w hps 

5 or 6in cooltube or air cooled hood hooked up to your carbon filter and extractor  :yep:

This way your scrubbing your air in the Grow room. That air will flow through the cooltube and expel the heat and air :)

If your pulling 5in out you need to put a 4in In to replace the air being removed :bong:

I would go with

6in out and a 5in in :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

Ideally and this is just me but I would do this

600w hps 

5 or 6in cooltube or air cooled hood hooked up to your carbon filter and extractor  :yep:

This way your scrubbing your air in the Grow room. That air will flow through the cooltube and expel the heat and air :)

If your pulling 5in out you need to put a 4in In to replace the air being removed :bong:

I would go with

6in out and a 5in in :yep:

All the best 

Mark..

I couldn’t get a cool hood or cool tube hooked up to the fan as the tent is too narrow. I went with a 6” cool tube and by the time you connect the ducting it’s a bit of a squeeze when the light is raised fully up towards the end if flowering. 

Ive got 6” fan on a timer to match lights on, blowing through a 6” cool tube then exhausting out the window. I’ve then got a separate 6” fan connected to my filter for extraction. I’ve mamaged to control the temp and humidity by using some 6” ducting with a pair of tights over the open end and left near an open window as a passive intake. 

The problem I’ve had with using 600w hps, especially late in flower, is that the top buds end up too close to the light and as a result end up getting too much light resulting in foxtails. I’ve got 2 desk fans above the canopy and 1 floor fan on the deck so plenty of air circulation and the temp is usually around 86f so I’m pretty confident it’s not the heat anymore. I don’t think it’s to do with over feeding as my run off is pretty good these days. So the only thing I can think of is they’re being exposed to too much light if there is such a thing?

the tent is 2m high but by the time you hang your light and ducting etc you lose about a fifth of that height at least. That’s why I suggested mainlinjng/manifolding to try to keep the plant short but still pull in double digits of dry weed at the end of it. Especially if you’re planning on doing more than 1 plant! (Which I wouldn’t recommend as there’s really not much room in there unless you do a SOG)

right I think I’ve rambled more than enough. I’m high as a mf and it time for bed 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 11:16 PM, Grower not a shower said:

So the only thing I can think of is they’re being exposed to too much light if there is such a thing?

Light stress is a thing mate and one of the main cause a of Foxtailing. Maybe not so much light stress but heat from the light causing the issue as the buds are to near :yep:

Your doing all you can your end with intake-outtake and air movement  :yep:

Thanks for the added info mate :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

@Grower not a shower been a while since you've been on this post I bet but what a brilliant diary ... I will be learning about manifolding for my 2nd grow and I'll be using dinafem too. Do you have the link to your other grows? One of the best I've read so far.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hey @Leafneck sorry it’s taken me so long to reply but I have’t spent much time on here recently. 

Im sorry to say I don’t have any other grow diaries on here as after my first success I got a bit complacent and they turned out less than ideal.  I’ve now got around 5-6 grows under my belt with varying success. 

my last grow I tried my hand at a top fed DWC system but that was a complete disaster. Yields were garbage and buds tasted like water!! I quickly ditched that set up and went back to what I know. 

ive currently got 2 Dinafem original amnesia in coco, both mainlined, about 4-5 weeks away from harvest and they’re looking good. I’ll try to take some pics and add them tomorrow. 

If @Dinafem-Mark happens to be reading this I was after a bit of advice for my next grow. I’m planning on running a few autoflowers next time as I need a quick turn around but still want maximum yields (doesn’t everyone!?). Which strain would you recommend? I’ve been looking at Dinafem website and got my eye on either the Kush n cheese or blue amnesia but I can’t decide. Obviously with my space I need to keep multiple plants to the same strain so can only choose 1. Also, if you’ve got any plant training advice that would be amazing, like can I top them? I think I remember@blackpoolbouncer doing amazing things with your autos so I’ll be casting an eye over his stuff. 

I’m planning on doing another diary for my next grow as I found it kept me properly focused and had my best results so I’ll also be spending a bit more time on here. 

Thanks in advace

Edited by Grower not a shower
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Grower not a shower said:

Which strain would you recommend? I’ve been looking at Dinafem website and got my eye on either the Kush n cheese or blue amnesia but I can’t decide.

For yield and quality out of the 2 you have your eye on Blue Amnesia xxl auto would be my choice or

Auto Sour Diesel 

Auto White Widow or her XXL variant 

Auto Blue Cheese 

Auto Amnesia Xxl 

You won't go far wrong with any of these buddy :yep:

All big yielding, great end product and easy to grow  ;)

The XXL ladies can get quite large so can Auto Blue Cheese and Auto Sour Diesel so worth keeping in mind if height is an issue  ;)

Hope that help mate?

All the best  :bong:

Mark..

• Like 1

Blue amnesia it is then! 

I’ll get some pics on my current grow tomorrow and add them on here. 

Cheers for the info mate and hopefully see you around once I get them up and running. 

• Like 1

Here’s a few pics of my 2 girls on the go just now. 

large.F076BF0A-854D-4F0F-8386-3F0F6E5233AF.jpeglarge.E6110AD9-1E0C-47FE-A882-4A76E9C68E4C.jpeglarge.C6CB1EA0-168F-4735-935E-A850A575366A.jpeglarge.89CB34E8-FB13-4388-91BD-C95F2387187A.jpeglarge.813F370C-FF61-4A89-BA27-5774DB39B068.jpeglarge.6960F7AF-396E-419A-A6A4-E55CF0960883.jpeglarge.50050D7D-BF54-4C22-A143-41D146F3A496.jpeglarge.4DB64E6B-EADF-4BF3-9511-7675BC03A3A8.jpeg

they are both Dinafem’s original amnesia but it appears I may have 2 different pheno types going on. As you can see one is small and bushy while the other tall and gangly. It could also have something to do with me making an arse of it during the mainlining process but I’m hoping it’s not. These pics are a couple of days old now but the buds on the small bushy plant have already started fattening up but the tall gangly one looks like it’s still stretching!! There are quite a few buds showing but she looks weeks behind her sister. 

• Like 3