Chemdawg and Lemon Thai Kush

tigseyjnr

High all,

here we go then :skin_up:make ya self comfy.

A massive thank you to @HSO-Mark for these seeds.

Looking forward to watching everyone else's diaries develop too. Gonna be a bit (or alot) of California Sunshine in the UK for the late winter blues :spliff:

I had 5 Lemon Thai Kush and 5 Chemdawg feminised seeds arrive, and they were put pretty much straight into compost...

Chemdawg

large.Chemdawg.JPG

Lemon Thai Kush

large.59e08c12bd629_LemonThaiKush.JPG

all the LTK popped up,  and 3 of the Chemdawg's did too. Happy with that.

I had a spare 1.2m roof qube empty (:headbang:been waiting years to say that!!), so they're already out of my little veg cab,  in the tent under 600w of hps. They look happy, and are growing quickly now they're in the big tent with lots of space, airflow and light.

Just given water uptill yesterday. I thought i'd try some root stim. Went with biobizz as i'm using thier grow and bloom. Didn't clock that it's fecking £40 till after i bought it :doh:

it better be good!!

Just tweaked my set-up a bit, and i'm extracting both tents straight outside now, instead of 'vaguely poiting towards a window' and it feels much better all round.

Not sure how i'm going to play this grow yet. My self imposed constraint is that i would like to try and get both tents in sync, harvesting one every 5/6 weeks. For that to happen, i would need to flip this tent to 12/12 in about 4 weeks. I have various cuttings from my previous and current grow i can add to or replace with.

For now i'm thinking to add 4 plants from my cut's. That should work out about right, aiming for twelve plants in 7.5 ltr pots :bong:

Also hoping to get the same seeds but in regular versions and get hacking, but for now, i'll focus on these.

Nice one,

Tigs :guitar:

• Like 8

I run a lemon thai kush once that was a freebie, was a really nice plant and surprised me. Was most frosty than some of the other strains i had in there which i paid for. Was also a tasty smoke and yielded very well. Be nice to see how the chemdawg turns out. 

• Like 3

Firstly thank you for getting your HSO diary up and running so fast :)

Secondly nice choice of strains and ones we are very excited to grow out on the UK420 platform  :bong:

Thirdly sorry to hear that you had 2 failed ChemDawg, all I can do is apologise for this issue :)

Needless to say I'll be along for the ride and watching with interest mate  :)

This is going to be a fun one and we are really looking forward to seeing what you can do with the HSO brand  :)

Again thank you so much for taking the time to document your HSO grow and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated!

Will be back in on the next one mate :)

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/10/2017 at 0:37 PM, stummer said:

Be nice to see how the chemdawg turns out.

I'm really looking forward to this too :yep:

thanks for dropping in mate.

@HSO-Mark thanks dude.

No worries about the seeds that didn't show, it happens.

I'm happy with my choice of strains too, and cant wait

to see these grow.

Little update. All's well.

They look hungry, but thats ok. The compost i'm using is very light, and i'm letting them root out the pot properly befor potting on. They were given algamic on the last water, and 1ml p ltr of grow this water.

Lemon Thai Kush

large_LTK.JPG

Chemdawg

large.Chemdawg.JPG

One seems a bit behind, but i always like a straggler, never know what might happen :naughty:

Thanks for looking in.

Nice one,

• Like 5

They do look little hungry mate so nice to read that you have started to introduce feed :)

Once potted up and on to a full nutrient regime I'm confident that everything will be a lush, healthy green :yep: with more vigorous growth :yep:

Nice work so far mate and thank you for taking the time to update much appreciated!

Will be back in on the next update mate :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

what a difference a month makes eh?

all going well so far with these..

Chemdawg

large.chemd.JPG

Lemon Thai Kush

large_ltk.JPG

All very nice and healthy. The yellow leaves at the bottom are from befor the last pot up.

They have all been topped one last time, and cuttings taken.

I have got spider mites in my other tent (coming to the end of a flower cylce), and i've just noticed they're in this veg tent now too. I'm not too concerned atm.

Have harkers, and a couple of other treatments on the way. Untill then, my hoover, and occasional showers seem to be holding them back.

As soon as my spider mite problem is under control, these will be flipped.

Thanks for looking in.

• Like 4

Sorry to hear about the spider mites mate best to get them out then focus on these ladies :yep:

From the pictures they all look to be developing well :yep: The only issue I can see is some yellowing of some lower leaves on both strains. Which I think is a touch if underfeeding as we would not expect to see yellowing off at this stage if a grow. You may want to up feed a bit mate :yep:

What's your ec brother and ph?

Apart from that things look great and thanks for the update  :bong:

Until next time  :)

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 1

Hi mate @HSO-Mark thanks for looking in. 

I'm in compost, but it is coir based, and very light.

Most of the yellow leaves were from befor the last pot up :yep: just making sure it was rooted out properly befor potting on. 

But you're right, they are yellowing again and do need feed to be introduced. 

I was going to introduce fishmix in the last water, but held off because I'm going to use SB plant invigorator alongside Harkers in my mite extermination, and the SB has nitrogen in it. A fair bit too judging by my test sprays (on house plants). 

As you say, get rid of them then onto the fun bit. 

Nice one, 

• Like 2

Might be best to hold the fish mix off if you are using pesticides that could potentially be hazardous  :yep:

Good call :)

Hope all is well and will check back in on the next update  :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

• Like 2

Hi,

things are ticking along nicely..

Group Shot..

large.5a292d744015c_hsos.JPG

3 x Chemdawgs along the back.

5 x Lemon Thai Kush are the rest in front, with one Girl Scout Cookie front right. There's also two mini Whitey Freeze's just out of shot but they're coming out tonight. I will then do some light training to spread the plants out and fill the tent evenly.

Chemdawgs..

large.chemdawgs.JPG

Lost the close up of the LTKs, but they're similar to the above.

All growing very nicely.

They havn't batted an eye lid at some pretty intensive moving, washing and spraying during my mite extermination attempts. The first blast of harkers seemed to do the trick. 5 days later, early signs again (from hatched eggs), and they've been sprayed again. I'm confident the next round will finish them off. I've also been treating all the cuttings, and cleaned everything grow related, including the loft. Fingers crossed.

They are staying in these 7.5 ltr pots, and should have filled them out by now.

I've introduced fishmix to thier water, after giving them a folia feed between the waterings. They were starting to look hungry as Mark had pointed out.

Flipped to 12/12 on Sunday 3rd Dec.

I'll see how they go, but one or two plants may have to come out. Depends on space and stretch. Might introduce a basic pea net to try and keep it all under control but need to do so soon if i do.

Thanks for looking in.

Nice one,

• Like 7

The have gone into a serious veg stage mate and now flower has started I think you maybe right and a plant or 2 may need removing as the flower phase kicks in :yep:

I'm really impressed in the growth from both of these strains. They look super healthy and now 12/12 has started let's see what these girls can really do  :yep:

So far you are doing a splendid job :bong: .

Thank you for the continued support and updates mate, much appreciated!

I'll most definitely be back in on the next update to check progress out  :bong:

Kind regards 

HSO-Mark..

Edited by HSO-Mark
  • Like 3

On 11/12/2017 at 8:44 PM, HSO-Mark said:

They have gone into a serious veg stage

:flex: they certainly did mate. Like i said, they put up with alot too, what with all my faffing, moving and mite killing fun and games.

On 11/12/2017 at 8:44 PM, HSO-Mark said:

They look super healthy and now 12/12 has started let's see what these girls can really do  :yep:

They were ready to burst leading up to being switched..

Group shot: 11 days since flipping to 12/12

large.group.JPG

large.Chemd.JPG

I put off putting in a net, as i wanted to be vigilant for spider mites. Seems to be under control for now :v:

Lemon Thai Kush

large.5a33a6c61f9d9_ltks.JPG

Chemdawgs

large.5a33a6aba05b4_chems.JPG

large.Chemdawg.JPG

Sorry for the dodgy pic's. Should have my camera up and running soon. This last pic is the best true relection of colour.

All looking pretty sweet :yep:

All pretty similar, with a bit of variation coming through now, which is perfect in my mind. You can see the Chemdawg has two slighty lankier plants, and one stockier. The LTK has 2 taller, with 3 stockier. Not that it matters, just saying :wink_kiss:

And on her own making up the 9th position, as the only cutting, and lonesome strain..

Blimburn Seed's - Girl Scout Cookies

large_GSC.JPG

Currently sat smoking some of this GSC from my last grow, and it's very nice. Really fecking strong too :spliff:

Nice one,

• Like 4