Critical Jack

Green demon

I was thinking when you took the cuts that the plants were white young :) there will be plenty of time in the coming weeks for more snips :)

Yes going of the pictures critical jack#1 is certainly looking the more vigorous of the plants  (so far)

I'm going to have to try and find some time to have a read about this earthing :yep: very interesting :)

Thanks again for taking the time to add as much detail as possible to your thread and thank you for the added pictures very much appreciated!

Until next time :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 1

Just because I can't help myself I always try and root a growth tip if I haven't got the plant cloned. When the prop is dialled in it's amazing how quickly they can root even small young ones. 

Its not dialled in though and I'd rather keep the prop clean for the seedlings ATM rather than risk any mould forming on needless cuttings. As always happy to share mate!

So far from their early structure on display in veg I have my eye on CJ #1 and Xo#2. Both are the stronger of each strain as far as I can see, obvious with CJ, but with the XO I like how it's tips are slightly shorter and stronger than #1.

Group shot

large.IMG_1064.jpg

XO#1 With the Root Zone Thermostat shoved right up her lol 

large.IMG_1925.jpg

See what I mean about being slightly leggy

large.IMG_1055.jpg

XO#2

large.IMG_1056.jpg

Stronger thighs on this one

large.IMG_1057.jpg

Critical Jack #1

large.IMG_1059.jpg

Beefcake

large.IMG_1060.jpg

Last, and least bless her CJ #2. I always root for the underdawg

large.IMG_1061.jpglarge.IMG_1062.jpg

• Like 4

@riddlyThis could be an issue with not enough posts to use the PM system? Welcome to UK420 and welcome to the Dinafem support forum :)

@Green demonSome beautiful work going on mate can I ask what is the XO strain mentioned? You probably have said but I can't recall lol

Keep up the great work with these detailed updates and added pictures very much appreciated! 

Until next time mate :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

• Like 4

Bonjour @Dinafem-Mark thanks mate! Sorry for the confusion, just me being lazy and possibly a little obscure lol.

XO = eX Odus Cheese

As of now the girls are on a new lighting regime. 6/2. That's six hours on, two hours off. Based upon the idea that cannabis reaches full light saturation after six hours, a short break to recoup then ongoing. Here's a short article on it:

6/2 lighting schedule

If anyone would like to read about the training style I'm using click below 

Nugbuckets guide to building a manifold

ATB

Edited by Green demon
  • Like 4

@Green demon : haven't checked the links you provided here but the first thing that comes to mind is: don't they get stressed out receiving 6 hrs of light then 2 hrs off, then what? 6 more hrs on? and 2 more hrs off? then again 6hrs on and 2 hrs off? (3 complete cycles like this would make up the 24hrs but doesn't the plant get stressed out?) just wondering eh! 

• Like 2

@Green demon have started reading the first one now. it makes sense but at this point then i would just overflood them with light like 18 hrs or sth per day and then once they have become big enough i'd switch to 14hrs or 16hrs of darkness and 10 or 8hrs of light per day (for flowering) . i guess this would speed up things even more?

• Like 1

the article states: "Additionally, when plants are exposed to 18 straight hours of intense light, they become stressed. Signs of stress - droopy or curled leaves - will usually appear towards the end of the light cycle. While some stress can be beneficial to plant growth, too much stress can cause harm to your plants and prevent them from reaching maximum growth potential." 

well i have given them (the oens you know demon) 18hrs or more light in one go and they were coming up realy nice with no signs of droopy or curled leaves and they didnt seem stress to me. my feeling (intuition) is that if you switch the lights on and off (for 3 times a day) oyu're stressing the plant big time. that's just my feeling.

then" Giving plants 6 hours of intense light at a time not only puts less stress on the plants, it also spread out the load on your cooling system over a longer period of time. The cooling system works the hardest when lights are on. By turning off the lights for 2 hours at a time throughout the day, your cooling system will get a break between light cycles, allowing the room to be cooled to desired temperatures before the lights come back on. With a properly sized cooling system, this benefit will be minimized as the system will be designed to handle the heat load throughout the entire light cycle."

well if you wanna grow a plant indoors, i think the wisest thing to do is to reproduce the natural lighting cycle of mother nature not the one that makes you save on equipment (fans, cooling system etc) but then again it's just my view.

on a book given to me (with research and tests and figures etc) it is clearly stated that th ebest lighting regime for this plant is 18hrs (even 16hrs would do but best 18 hrs) and 13hrs lights OFF for flowering. it makes sense to me (anywhere aboe 14hrs the plant will not go into flowering. there are some strains that require at least 14hrs not to go into flowering so i was told)

i am not 100% sure about the accuracy of what this article advocate but i am your friend @Green demon  

• Like 2

lol @riddly I included links so I wouldn't have to explain it!

The gist is 18/6, 20/4, and 24hr lighting regimes are all unnatural. They operate under the assumption that because plants need light to grow, more is better. A different view point is that plants have a saturation point. 6hrs intense lighting and they are full. Keep feeding them light past this point and you're getting very little extra gains for your effort, and are in fact placing stress on them by keeping them under intense light for so long. 

A little analogy for you. I go to the gym and come home hungry. I eat five bananas in a shake with assorted berries and some oats. Half hour later I'm still hungry so I eat a watermelon. That hit the spot but now because I'm so concerned about getting the maximum amount of protein in me I keep eating. Four oranges, six pears, and a big portion of veggie lasagne later I've hit the desired protein level but I'm ready to explode. No wait, one more apple. Now who's stressed?

6hrs = one good meal

2hrs = decent nap

6hrs = another good meal

2hrs = sleepy time

6hrs = yum yums 

2hrs = snooze

or 20/4

20hrs= Monty pythons meaning of life

• Like 2

@Green demon  sorry demon it's all not natural to me. i see what and how plants do in the wild and they become monsters. To me it's unhealthy to eat so often and regularly as the body (and the plants) don't need so many times to be fed (to be illuniated). How ocmes plants that receive 15hrs of light in the wild don't have any kind of problems and grow healthy and produce big yields? I wouldnt wanna eat 3 times a day. it's unnatural, and the less you eat the healthier you are. that's a fact.

Anyhow each to his own. I will stick to my natural regime and if i ever grow indoors i will not use this regime. that's what is causing stress imho

But you can do one experiment (which i think you are already doing or will at some point do). grow one with 16 or 18hrs of light non stop and 8 or 6 hrs off for veg and with 13hrs off for flowering.  then grow with the 3 times a day lighting regime. and compare whch one gives you best results in terms of yield, because i think that's what you want. more buds. right?

• Like 1

Have you tried the GLR (Gas Lantern Regime)? It was a favourite way to grow for my dad and I know a few members are using this light "trick/tech" @riddly

Basically is

12 hours on

5.5 hours off 

1 hour on (to interupt the dark period)

5.5 hours off

This is only 13 hours of light used with very similar results as 18/6 :yep:

Will watch this light trial with interest mate :bong: very interesting indeed and nice to see none traditional methods being used :)

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark :D  ok so.. just wondering: how would you feel is, while sleeping , i would come at 2am and would turn the light on in your room for 1hr when your senses and the whole of your body is used to darkness? I'd go crazy! it'd be like a torture to me ( i think this is done to some prisoners too). How would you feel after a month or so of such a "treatment"?  i think you'd lose your mind pretty soon :D

but then again as @Green demon is interested more in the final result (bud production?) i guess he'll carry on with this experiment and let us know after comparing the two methods.

No @Dinafem-Mark i've never grown indoors so can't say much about this style. I move a lot and could not look after plants. Unfortunately this is how it is now. Maybe will change in the future. But i grow outdoors and i'm pleased with the results. Am looking at the possibility of buying a Led growlight that does everything (veg. and flo.) just to see what's it like and i'd only do it if and when i am sure i'm in one place for at least 3 months.