Critical Jack

Green demon

@highlo thanks mate, yer need any advice just holla bro. Spent 8hrs or so trimming last night, got the two Cheeses done and went to bed at 6 am lol 

Scissor hash was something else. 

Smokey Reports

6 weeks harvested 3 lower branches off a cheese and hung up to dry over 2/3 weeks. Taste is alright, nothing special, cheese X. Very powerful high, anti anxiety, depression, great to smoke in the day.

Speed Dried Cheese @ 8 weeks

Put a bud in the microwave then smoked pure in a pipe. The high was instaneous with energy rushing through me, tingles, feelings of utter groovyness, then it went pretty Alice in wonderland. I was so high I felt like I was on shrooms, walking down the hall was an adventure. I used my Mrs as a gineau pig and after two small bowls she refused any more as she couldn't see straight.

Critical Jack

Taken at 8 wks. Air dried. Smoked pure in a pipe. Flavour just incredible, a new personal favourite. Instant body relaxation feeling it behind the eyes. Sense of well being and calmness.

Done a bit of bondage on the clones. Im of the opinion that all four are Critical Jack which suits me. I'm also thinking 16 tops is 8 too many.

large.IMG_1886.jpglarge.IMG_1885.jpglarge.IMG_1884.jpglarge.IMG_1883.jpg

• Like 6

So 16 tops is waay too many to fit around the perimeter of a 12L pot. I have used some supercropping and LST to bring some tops back into the centre. It's a bit messy but hopefully it'll sort itself out.

large.IMG_1915.jpglarge.IMG_1916.jpglarge.IMG_1917.jpglarge.IMG_1918.jpg

• Like 5

16 tops, how many was it last run mate 8?

I really want to give this a try but the only thing putting me off is it's a pain in the ass even doing lst in these dwc buckets because I keep having to lift the lids:yes:

• Like 2

Yes mate 8 last run, looking to improve on yeild and quality with a few more tops. Hadn't thought about the difficultly of LST wit DWC. The manifold could be built just securing each top to the stem but its fiddly as hell!

ill get sum nug pics up but for now I'm very impressed with Critical Jack. Bag appeal is quite low because all buds except for the very tops are quite loose and airy, very sativa like. However the high and flavour completely erases any negative thoughts about what the bud looks like. 

The flavour is so lush only the very best compare to it. The high starts with relaxation. You kinda feel it behind the eyes, then the body follows. Quickly follows is a head high that's very energising and uplifting. Perfect anytime smoke.

• Like 2

I was thinking if I got the wire they use to train bonsai trees I wouldn't have to attach any ties to the lids of buckets.

I have a critical jack feminised seed there mate after seeing how yours turned out I can't wait to give it a try:yep:

• Like 2

Yeah exactly bro, when I did it I used the soft tie stuff. It's just a lot harder. When I attach a tie to the pot I can bend the plant into position then just wrap the tie around it.

When using the main stem as an anchor you have to worry about not only bending the limb too far but also the stem as well. It's all doable but a bit tricky with fat fingers like me. 

You could glue little hooks or rings (something similar) all over the lid then attach your LST ties to them and release them as and when you need to remove the lid.

• Like 3

doing a lovely job with the mainlining there GD mate. 16 tops should look lovely in bloom!

I agree with your views on Critical Jack.... lovely bit of smoke, that.

All the best for the New Year, hope you get a good haul.

• Like 3

What a great thread to return to :yep: The critical Jack stacked on some serious weight and the cheese looked spot on and ready to harvest :yep:

Great to hear you are liking the critical Jack. She is a full of flavour and certainly packs a punch  :)

With the next generation. Personally the 8 tops performed excellent and the 16 for that size pot looks a little  "cramped" and I would stick with the 8 main flower sites especially for this strain :)

The next generation are coming on great and a well deserved harvest to see you through :)

Great read brother and let the adventure continue  ;) I'll be watching with interest mate and well done on a successful harvest and for a great Dinafem diary :bong:

Love the chat about lumens etc very informative information  :)

Will be back in on the next update mate until then. Thanks again for the diary and enjoy that critical Jack  :bong:

All the best 

Mark..

Edited by Dinafem-Mark
  • Like 2

@teehee thanks mate! I'm looking forward to the seeing the increased colas too going to be in heaven come bud time! 

@Crentz hope it works out bro let us know how you get on!

@Dinafem-Mark Thanks mate! Yeah the Critical is certainly a beauty. I agree I think the 16 may be better for 20L pots lol but the 8 weren't enough.

The buds from Critical and one Cheese are curing now and I weighed them up to give peeps an idea. They'll still probs lose a bit more weight but near enough. The Cheese was a lil over 5oz and the CJ 2.5. So you see the yeild from the CJ needs work but at least the quality is there.

• Like 4

Lovin this diary :)

I think that 16 tops will just look sexual, i cant wait.. do you not have space to put them in 20s like u say?

Edited by JamJar
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Dinafem-Mark said:

@JamJar The 20l with 16 sites would work out a treat  :bong:

I think in the summer i will grow out one of your photo strains following this method in 20l.. such beautiful plants :)

• Like 2

@JamJar cheers mate! TBH I'm thinking 12L pots is too big anyway for coco and how much I wanna yeild per plant so 20L is gonna be waay too OTT. Decided to hack the bushes back a bit. It hurt but they were way too over crowded, defoliated the hell outta em too.

large.IMG_1974.jpglarge.IMG_1973.jpglarge.IMG_1972.jpglarge.IMG_1975.jpglarge.IMG_1971.jpglarge.IMG_1970.jpg

• Like 1