Critical Jack

Green demon

Sorry for the lack of updates. Phone is playing up and iPad died. Sorted now so back to it. The Exodus Cheese and Critical Jack have now gone into flower. 11hrs lights on. I've erected my 1m2 green room and plonked them in their under one CMH 315w in the growstar. Temps are about 23 degrees and I'm yet to hook up an extraction fan.

They've all had a haircut and have each donated multiple stems for cuttings. I'm after one mother of each plant for now. Any extra will be donated to mates or binned.

large.IMG_24.jpglarge.IMG_23.jpg

Exodus Cheeselarge.IMG_22.jpg

Exodus Cheeselarge.IMG_21.jpg

Critical Jacklarge.IMG_20.jpg

Theyre now on vitalink, coco a & b, root stim, fulvic, silicon, all mixed up to 1.2 EC. PH set to 5.8 then I let it drift up for a bit before pH adjusting.

Edited by Green demon
  • Like 5

So OCD means shit is constantly moving. Love it or hate it stuff gets done. Flower tent got upgraded, couldn't stand to see 600 umol at canopy so the growstar vacated to veg tent and two LEC got plonked in here.large.IMG_165.jpglarge.IMG_166.jpg

6" intake from veg tent is actually extracting flower tent, and a 5" rvk is now intake

multiple cuts from the two Exodus Cheese and Critical Jack

One healthy cut from each and the cloner will get stripped down and cleaned ready for bubba kush and whatever else.large.IMG_167.jpg

Temps still under 25 degrees, never ever seen 600 watts in this tent with temps lower than 28. Thank you God for CMH, I'm a convert!

Edited by Green demon
  • Like 5

Still can't believe I've got 630w in a 1m2 tent and temps are 23 degrees, crazy too me. Noticed this nice wound from a brutal super croplarge.IMG_198.jpg

Pistills too going into flower, very rare in my garden. I usually force flower and wait a good week to see any pistil development large.IMG_199.jpg

• Like 2

A good few of the cuttings have been pulled and the overall health has been on the decline. I figured I'd give them one last chance so I changed the water and added a low dose of nutes. 

Last night I realised the temps were getting too low lights off, and methinks this has been preventing the cuts from rooting. One night with the rad in the tent and they've gone from no sign of roots to, well rooting. 

large.IMG_283.jpglarge.IMG_282.jpglarge.IMG_286.jpglarge.IMG_287.jpglarge.IMG_288.jpglarge.IMG_289.jpglarge.IMG_290.jpg

• Like 7

Everything is developing really, really well mate :)

You will find with cuttings that temperature fluctuations and lower temps will cause major issue . You now look to have the cloner dialed in and clones look to be rooting so the next generation is coming along great  :bong:

You definitely are pushing the wattage in a 1m tent but temps are fine and plants are all looking spot On:)

Really nice canopy management which has produced plants with a great structure  :bong:

Going to be fun watch these ladies bloom :)

Fine work good sir  :) and thank you for the continued picture updates very much appreciated!

Beautiful work :)

All the best 

Mark.. 

• Like 1

Cheers Mark, thanks for stopping by. I've been upping the EC of the nutes to get their colour back but even at 1.4 they seem a bit light. I'm used to one part/two part feeds but this new vitalink is split twenty ways  all over the place. Seems the new coir max doesn't have cal/mag in it which I think the Critical Jack needs a touch of. The grow A and B is real low NPK too so whilst in the hydro store getting more trays for the final system I bought a big bottle of cal/mag and PK. Having got back and now read up on it, seems like I shouldve bought a big bottle of Buddy and a small bottle of the other two. Damn getting high and shopping lol 

• Like 2

Just found a new drink. Hot chocolate with Captain Morgans spiced rum. Holy shit it's a winner. Failing like fuck to give up tobacco ATM. Every pouch is the last. Manage a few hours being moody then succumb. Bought a nice Grace Glass bong too, with a bit of cup control it hits like a dream. 

• Like 5

Checked the pH in the ez cloner and it had drifted up to 6.5 so I lowered it back to 5.8. Here's a few of the clones this morning. Love the ease at which you can check root development, it's fascinating to watch. large.IMG_0293.JPG

• Like 5

So it's been a week of 9/15 already. Going to adjust the timer to 11/13 now. Here's the girls just been fed. Nutes are now Coir max A&B, root stim, fulvic, cal/mag, silicon, and a partridge in a pear tree. EC @ 1.4 & PH @ 6.0. Critical Jack is noticeably shorter than the Exodus girls, a bit more squat.

large.IMG_330.jpg

Exoduslarge.IMG_324.jpglarge.IMG_325.jpglarge.IMG_326.jpglarge.IMG_327.jpg

Critical Jacklarge.IMG_328.jpglarge.IMG_329.jpg

Im hand watering ATM because I'm not convinced the delivery from the drippers is even enough for my liking.

Edited by Green demon
  • Like 5

@Green demon

Wow dude thats some fantastic diy and growing skills dude :notworthy:i loved dwc when i had the room to do it too but never did drippers lol and everytime i went in the room i used to switch the pump on and watch the buckets flood just to check everything got a thorough feed.

The early pics with the nodules forming on the rooting cuts is great i love to see that then only a few pics later and proper roots already,wicked m8 and yeah the only thing that stop em rooting is cold lol

The Exodus looks so spot on buddy although im a little surprised at 1,4 ec they still look just a tiny bit underfed at this stage,your not too far in flowering and almost at the upper limit i used,i dont think i ever went over 1,6 ec in week 6/7 of flowering,when i did dwc i still did multi strain as well and tried to keep everything on the low side feed wise and they all came good anyway

Yeah man really top stuff going on in here m8,great to see :hippy:

peace

• Like 3

Thanks a lot @Happy Hippy appreciate your kind words bro. Means a lot coming from yourself. Following along with your diaries I'm being motivated to give flowering in small pots a go. Maybe do a little test with my Chemdawgs and or CMOG. 

Ive been doing exactly what you said, sort of lol. Go in turn the pumps on. Probably get high and forget, then twenty minutes later switch off the pump having lost half the res lol Don't get me wrong, the drippers definitely work, but even with two in a 7.5l pots no way does the top get wet enough. 

Coming from a biobizz background of growing their Grow is toxic. They recommend 1-2ml per litre. I used to use .25-.5ml and only 1ml max when in full flower. So yeah I always stay low, but their NPK is high whereas coir max is so low like 333. DWC I think because it's such an epic mix of water, oxygen, and nutrients, constantly available the plants does need much less because it's always available. 

So because it's been cold and I'm in coco, and the lights have changed from MH to CMH, I think it's all added up to water logged cold plants not taking up the nutes. Hopefully 1.4 EC with all the supplements and added heating will get them rocking again.:bong:

• Like 3

@Green demon

Dude the diy trays and pots with drippers and cmh all going at the same time lol i think your doing amazing things and if i had the room id get you to knock me up a bespoke to fit my space unit,i did nft as well but the Dwc was one of those Esoteric units i bought second hand from a fella in Brighton,i went to pick it up he said you can have everything,all the old clay pebbles as well and he told me he did one grow it more than paid for itself so i took it all including the esoteric manual and literally copied it to the letter and had my best crop ever,after that i got lazy with things that i knew would make no difference,kept a low ec always had the ph between 5.8 to 6 until about week 5 of flower when i let it rise to 6.2 cos i read it allows better uptake of nutes at that stage..

OOOps sorry for the waffle dude

take it easy m8

peace

Eta it was 16 pod unit and i gave half of the pods away to a old memeber here so he had 8 and so did i lol all he had to get was a res for the water

Edited by Happy Hippy
  • Like 2

@Happy Hippy waffle away mate better than me waffling on my own lol Thanks again! I'm real happy with the trays, had some thoughts about trying the premade saucer/trays but nah mine is def better, for me at least, provides infinite flexibility in plant layout.

You ever change your space mate I'll knock you one up or talk you through it, easy enough. That's a sweet deal on your DWC unit, even sweeter that you got to share it! You have a lot of experience mate, I'd love to try both DWC and NFT. I think in few years once I've dialled coco in I'll give it a go lol 

I just saw an awesome chart which showed the availability of specific nutrients over a range of something like 3-8. 5.8-6.0 is the sweet spot where all are available, but like you say, drift up or down and different nutrients become more readily available. Fascinating stuff!

E2a. I meant to set the timers on 11/13 and when I checked it last night it was 9/15. Went to adjust the timer just now and it already was 11/13. Must've smoked too much last night lol 

• Like 2

I was originally put on to vitalink by my hydro mates and that was using just their old A&B formula. Having had success with that I thought I'd stick with vitalink. Didn't realise their formula and parts count had gone up but fuck it I'm game.

I looked at their recommended feeding chart with Coir max and bought all the range. Except for cal/mag, I got magi cal instead. Im going to use products pretty much as and when they suggest. 

Coir max A and B provide a base NPK throughout.

Silicon gets used throughout. It fortifies cell walls making plants stronger and healthier. Allowing them to support heavier crops and fight off pests and disease.

Fulvic is also used throughout. It provides a rich source of fulvic acid, an organic matter referred to as black gold. It assists plants by helping with the transport of nutrients, and effectively using up the fertilisers.

Root stim used through veg and most of flower. Strengthen and accelerate root growth. 

Magi cal, according to vitalink through veg and one week of flower. Magi Cal however recon to use through flower because of all its added benefits.

Buddy is a PK booster to be used throughout flower with a week break when PK 13/14 is used.

Turbo is amino acids and steroids. Used in veg to flip the plants into beast mode and the same in flower. It's as expensive as hens teeth so I'm just going to use it for a couple of weeks peak flowering.

Finally a tiny bottle of Roots excelurator to use in the ez cloner. Stuff is dead expensive but widely recommended so probably worth a punt.

large.IMG_360.jpg

• Like 2

Love the look of the clones mate :) super healthy and showing more root development every time I see them  :bong:

With that selection of nutrients you should always be feeding just what the ladies need but when this many nutrients are involved it can cause issues which can be hard to detect what is responsible  :bong:

You know what you are doing as evident by the healthy ladies and next generation babies :yep:

Keep up the great work brother and thank you for the continued picture updates very much appreciated!

Until next time :bong:

All the best 

Mark.. 

• Like 3