Gorillas in the West.

Badbadger

@tigseyjnr thanks mate.

I know what you mean about the videos but I find early on diaries tend to just be more and more fan leaves which get a bit samey' also the media for videos dont have to get resized both in definition and file size which is annoying.

I take them in QHD and shove them straight in the vid.

I do move to photos once the buds get bigger as they're not just more greenery and photo nicely.

**Long root update a bit later!

• Like 3

Looking fantastic in here badger. Your doing tho's plants justice. Keep da grow works up & da show going, excellent :yep:.

• Like 1

Hey 420,

Another day in School Holiday paradise is drawing to an end and I for one am relieved as yet again those messy,noisy,grumpy little gits are nearing bed time.

Today was wash and scrub the sumps day so the the Wife did her heavy lifting part again,in case you don't know I'm slightly disabled and very lazy lol,lifting the large pots of water in and out and scrubbing them as only a Woman can.

As she drags everything in and out it gives me a chance to take a few shots as we go that I couldn't get on a normal day as I can't get in amongst the plants to well.

I have a few bud shots up first as they're starting to catch up with themselves size wise in height and girth and are getting nicely sugared to,take a peek -

large.t.JPEGlarge.c.JPEGlarge.d.JPEGlarge.4.JPEGlarge.7.JPEGlarge.8.JPEGlarge_14.JPEGlarge.9.JPEGlarge.3.JPEGlarge.6.JPEGlarge_12.JPEG

I now have 2 Fire 99's left but one isn't growing much like the others that have fallen by the way side.

Ive mentioned it before and talked to @panik who out of his generosity sent me a nice pack of something nice that will be grown for Xmas in a special festive grow diary with tinsel,santa,crackers the lot!!

Right then back to the real world and some thing that doesn't always get the attention it deserves and thats Roots.Ive seen them out through pots many a time and especially with wicks but Paniks Gorilla Haze are thirsty as fook judging by these lovely roots - 

large.j.JPEGlarge.g.JPEGlarge.a.JPEGlarge.h.JPEGlarge.i.JPEGlarge.f.JPEGlarge.b.JPEGlarge_17.JPEG

(Root model is Mrs B,thanks Mrs B)

Whatever the issue with the Fire 99 it is not with the flavours as every one of them scraggly or not has smelt amazing even after flash drying and has been a perfect smoke for me to take the edge of my pain for which I'm extremely grateful.

Having removed a few F99's now the Haze's have plenty of space and I've been able to remove 1 sump that'll help keep humidity down and rot risk low,either way I'm running extraction 24/7 and will remove 2/3rds of fluids once things get more serious which will also help.

I hope you and yours are well and you have a great night guys.

Take care.

• Like 5

Hey 420,

I had the time to take a few close up pics today so thought id share some with you,it's mainly Gorilla Haze as sadly I'm down to 2 Fire99's now,take a peep - large.597b684ec8d4e_f100A.JPEGlarge.f.JPEGlarge_f1.JPEGlarge_f16.JPEGlarge_f3.JPEGlarge_f12.JPEGlarge_f11.JPEGlarge_f5.JPEGlarge_f7.JPEGlarge_f4.JPEGlarge_f6.JPEG

Also I really like to get under the belly of grows as everyone's so focused on the pretty bits up top,here's a couple of pot snaps - 

large_f14.JPEGlarge_f13.JPEG

As you can see there's a bit of space around them without the fire's but it's all good.

Lastly the Vietnam jungle shot - 

large_h1.JPEG

I love that view it's like a micro version of "The Land that Time Forgot" with beautiful Haze fans.

Peace people.

**edit**

If you look closely you'll see 2 plants in front of the rest which are 2 x Crystal Candy Autos.I always put a few in with a grow as emergency smokers and space fillers,to be fair though one of the best smokes I've had was an Humboldt Amhurst Sour Diesel that was like smoking a rare and ancient strain of Salvia Divinorum and anyone who has inhaled that Salvia nut fuck will know what I mean lol (loved it when taken out in Nature but Indoors at a party gets really intense).

Mind you I once went to a festival armed with some vintage Ketamine.We discovered If you take a teaspoon of liquid Veterinary K (had a litre "borrowed") put it on a saucer in a microwave for 25secs and you have usuable powder but after a couple of months we tried a few g's we had tucked away and I have never been so completely and utterly mashed, we went out of my house in daylight and got completely lost in a town I grew up in for 30yrs! I'd been tripped out of my nut on Lsd but never felt as detached from reality as I did on that day,which leads me back to Salvia that rips your perception up and shoves it up her arse as you laugh at pigeons talking sense.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 6

Ooh Badger, it's such a pleasure popping in here, it's so neat & tidy but most of all a perfect grow :lucky:. I really admire you with your determination  & skills. Hope you are as comfortable in your chair as tho's girls are in their pots :yep:. Keep up all da good works :lucky:.

• Like 1

Hey 420,

Firstly does anyone know how to delicately infuse our "lovely" children with a 3g Dadbadger Herby Hot Chocolate so I get a minutes peace ?

If not I'm just gonna get mashed tonight and ignore the "lovely" monsters tomorrow.

It's been a mad couple of days but it's that time of year so can't be helped and got a photo run through for now.

There's nothing to really add here anyway its one of the perks of wick growing as they water/feed themselves you just check them over,make sure theyre happy and job done.

On Friday they'll be having a dose of per litre-

2.5ml Bio Bizz Top-Max.

3ml Bio Bizz

Alga Mic.

2.5ml Plagron Alga Bloom.

it'll be the first top feed of the grow and will probably be the last unless something crops up that needs feeding but as yet no yellowing anywhere and everything's good.

It's day 40 of flowering so plenty of grow time left to go,theyre all labelled -

(they're from Saturday tbh)

large_10.JPEGlarge_5b.JPEGlarge.6.JPEGlarge_3b.JPEGlarge.5.JPEGlarge.7.JPEGlarge.597f5d392b64f_20A.JPEGlarge.3.JPEGlarge.8.JPEGlarge.d.JPEGlarge.e.JPEGlarge.a.JPEGlarge.c.JPEGlarge.9.JPEGlarge.f.JPEGlarge.g.JPEG

"all together now"

large.k.JPEGlarge.l.JPEG

There we go short and sweet but you can see things are moving along

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 6

Looking fantastic as always. Such a delight popping in here with such a detailed diary & grow. Keep the good work/s up badger :yep:.

• Like 1

@panik I bring you good tidings chap!

Two days ago I took down the smallest Fire99 I had partially for space for the bigger one that's doing real good but it wasn't progressing and I needed some smoke to tbh.

So as normal for my summer flash drying I hung the buds in front of my LED exhaust for two days until it was 95% dry.

Once dry it smelt ok with a little grassy note from it being fresh,so lastnight the Wife and I rolled a couple of fat pure F99 j's with it.

As I lit one I was met with that intense fresh weed flavour of pine but with a rich musky sweet herb and patchouli oil base aroma which was a nice surprise for flash dried and then a sense of impending mash up surged around my body.

My mind then went into complete cerebral overdrive and continued to soar upwards uncontrollably with a powerful slap round the face as I tried to stay in touch with my senses,we were talking gibberish and having monstrous laughing fits so loud my eldest came down to see what was going on and he's a lazy little git.

The hit was quite simply IMMENSE,Its mental and runs rings round your thought processes turning them into a tornado of ideas,eureka moments and total and utter mental destruction with no control over where your consciousness was heading next,phew.

Over 2hrs we managed 1 and a half J's before calling it a day and spacing out on a movie to guide ourselves back to normality.

A few hours later it was like returning from an Alien abduction with no idea of where you'd been or what happened to you as you sit dribbling in the corner mumbling about Brain penetration and insanity serums.

Both my wife and I have smoked ALOT of neat j's over the last 12months and I smoked 24/7/365 for nearly 20 yrs before giving up.

We have both never been as totally and utterly destroyed by weed as we were lastnight and I don't say that lightly as I was the bong and pipe man for years.

The buds themselves are quite dense as always with my mutant light system of LED/CMH and also HPS now but as with the other 99's the plant never gained any bulk sadly.

I have about 20g dry which I'm more than happy about!!

As we got about 90mins in to our mindfucked psychedelic trip (closest feeling honest) I realised I have to save this plant so luckily I didn't chop and hang the whole thing this time so what's left,5 fans and some fluff buds is now hopefully re-vegging under my seedling lights - 2 x45w Philips CFL on 20/4.

I'm not mucking about or over egging this mate I swear that plant and smoke is the most intense weed high I've ever,ever had for that amount and have taken good class A's that messed me up less at the time.

So as I said it's re-vegging and I will do a clone run of it when I have time but it may be a while which will give it a chance to slowly veg and if they clone out with an insane hit itll be a great plant to mum for a while and who knows may do a few hacks for fun at some point.

Everything else is doing grand mate will have an update in a day or two but they're all gaining weight well now.

Thanks for the craziest weed I've ever had hehe.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 3

Wow mate what a review,.. I'm glad you like it mate but sadly I can not take the credit for someone else's work , these beans are from a Canadian breeder called KRK from High Rise seeds mate I had the pleasure of dealing with KRK and him allowing me to make some of his strains available from the uk ,.. it became very hard to buy and source his creations from other sites and most people wouldn't get there orders delivered in 2-3 months , with me its next day delivery, so I thought that would be good and helpful to a lot of the up an coming guerrilla society as that is the ethos behind RealGorillaSeeds to bring everyone the best earliest outdoor genetics, I stock many of KRK's strains and my own so the credit really deserves to go to that man , .. but I appreciate your feed back and detailed review mate and I'm honoured to stock and sell such strains an creations...

Thanks mate :yep: 

Edited by panik
  • Like 2

well I can happily report that the smoke from that penultimate Fire 99 is officially classed as a weapon of mashed destruction lol as after a few days we still only shared 1 fat j lastnight and I discovered a new part of my soul,its a proper holding on to the sofa arms high.

I will update fully this afternoon Gorilla fans.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 3

Hey 420,

Finally got round to an update,it's been a mental few days of kids,kids,kids and teenager hmmmm.

The plants are are all good though thankfully.

On Friday I removed them all from the tent and emptied the sumps.

I then placed a length of untreated timber in the bottom,sat them on it and filled up to a cm or two under the pots.

As I lost a crop to rot last time round my flowering plan was to remove as much sitting water from the tent in the last few weeks to help keep humidity down as they finish.

I then top feed them for the first time in the whole grow.It was a cocktail of liquids from Bio Bizz and Plagron.The Bio Bizz is left over from my last grow so wanted to use it up first.

I only changed because I wanted to get more experience of nutrient usage across from across many suppliers before I pick and choose what to stick with.

The feed consisted of per litre - 

3ml Bio Bizz Top Max.Always seems to give them a nice pep up about this far in.

4ml Bio Bizz Alga Mic.My plants love this stuff but ive heard others put it down although its not meant actually meant to do anything other than cheer them up and soothe those roots,guess some of us dont read the gumpf.

2ml Bio Bizz Grow (simply for its sugars)

2ml Plagron Alga Bloom.Ive used this in the sumps at low concentrations and they've been fine so upped it a bit hoping to squeeze every last bit of growth out of them before chop.I won't top feed again now.

So now there's about 5 litres of fluid in each long sump and they get through approximately 2ltrs a day so it'll be a bit more hands to the pump for finishing but worth the effort if it helps keep that pesky mould away.

It's flowering day 45 > 6 1/2 wks so still a few weeks out and there's barely a brown hair on any of the Gorilla Hazes so there's plenty to come size and weight wise.

I've done a few photos for your enjoyment,here you go - 

large_h9.JPEGlarge_h11.JPEGlarge_h2.JPEGlarge_h4.JPEGlarge_h5.JPEGlarge_h6.JPEG

As you can see they've come on alot in a week and I'm looking forward to finally sampling some fine Gorilla Haze in the end.

With regards the Fire 99 I can confirm that every part of the last plant I chopped is as insanely strong as I thought.The reveg of the plant is on the Window sill in natural Sun as I thought she'd like that as she recovers and a whole crop of this weed would keep me smiling for a very long time.

That's it for today I've found it hard focusing on the growing since the school holidays started so I apologise for a couple of shortened updates but that's life ain't it.

The big School summer break was originally when everyone including the kids were needed to help bring in the crops and process it all in time for Autumn so really it's just an antiquated holiday the Teachers enjoy more than the kids now it seems.I think it should be reduced to 2 weeks a quarter through the whole year which would really help parents with regards to the cost of holidays and reduce the struggles of finding good quality childcare for a solid 6wks.

Although an online chap I know who lives in Majorca has to suffer the Spanish system of a 12 weeks summer break!!! It does get hotter there obviously but 3 whole months is just insane.

There's my morning rant out the way so I'm of for a cup of tea to calm down lol

Have a great Sunday folks. 

• Like 4

Hi mate @Badbadger

That Fire 99 sounds dangerous!! Always nice to have new experiences when stoned though. 

Hope you make it to September with the kids without losing the plot :smokin: and you are as healthy as can be. 

Nice one, 

Tigs :guitar:

• Like 2

hey 420,

Wow,what a mental week I had doctors,surgeons,parties,athletics training (not me obv) shopping,sickness blah blah blah.

In the meantime my Gorilla Haze's have swollen up like a Rhino with the horn (not with a horn lol) and are looking splendidly heavy gaining size in every dimension.

All of the Hazes have been top notch health wise so pat on the back @panik .If I knew how virile they were I don't think I would have taken such a blasè grow plan and reign them in.

I love to see them grow high as I can't get out to grow Guerilla style and really should have trained them although with the Fire99 auto flowering I was pushed into flipping way to early so its swings and roundabouts as always.

All the Hazes were top fed last Friday with per litre -

Biobizz Algamic 3ml
              Topmax  3ml
              Grow       2ml

Plagron Alga Bloom 2.5ml

Since then they've been in sumps with low amounts of Plagron Alga Grow - 1.5ml per ltr and will be on plain old H2O from Monday until finishing over the next couple of weeks.

Pheno's -

I have 3 clear pheno's there are 2 classic Hazes that are tall with big long buds that are taking along time to finish and havnt really sugared up to much as yet but thats what you'd expect from a Haze and I'm sure it's going to explode over the next couple of weeks.

There are 2 shorter squat ones  that are 2/3 rd the height of the ones above but have masses of thrichs and are incredibly heavy so much so that without support they tip straight over.

The last two are short but the buds are also smaller and the plants look quite spindly over all.The buds are solid though with plenty of crystals so no "air bud" just small.

Overall the Gorillas are a great strain and after a sample bud I can't wait for more as it was beautiful in flavour with a deep,relaxing high even though it was taken from way down the plant

Here are some Haze photos for your enjoyment -

large.g.JPEGlarge_24.JPEGlarge_26.JPEGlarge.4.JPEGlarge.7.JPEGlarge.9.JPEGlarge.5.JPEGlarge.6.JPEGlarge.8.JPEGlarge.3.JPEGlarge.f.JPEGlarge_18.JPEGlarge_20.JPEGlarge_24.JPEGlarge_19.JPEGlarge_14.JPEGlarge_13.JPEGlarge_16.JPEGlarge_20.JPEGlarge_22.JPEGlarge_17.JPEGlarge_12.JPEG

A little extra hanging in on this one lol -

large_21.JPEG

You'll notice the freaky colours and that's how it looks when you use all the lights you have hehe so its CMH/LED/HPS. 

Earlier this week I decided to chop my last Fire99 as it wasn't going anywhere at all but was really sticky and smelt like heaven with blueberry richness under a citrus spritz,I took some photos before I cut them check them out -

large.8.JPEGlarge.7.JPEGlarge.4.JPEGlarge.9.JPEGlarge_11.JPEGlarge.1.JPEGlarge.6.JPEGlarge_10.JPEGlarge_14.JPEGlarge.3.JPEGlarge.8.JPEG

As you can see everythings freakin' beautiful but only 1/5 the size its meant to be but the smoke is top notch even when flash dried.I know there can be issues with all  hybrid strains but with this one I 110% hope panik manages to get it balanced out or pull the Fire pheno out of it as I swear it'll be one of the best tasting and hardest hitting smoke you'll ever get the honour to smoke and I'll buy some when he does.This particular plant wasn't quite as strong as the one before but ive kept it to reveg all the same and even if I only do a few clones now and again it'll either be delicious or/and insanely strong to.

So that's me all up to date although as usual at the moment the Haze photos are nearly 4 days old and they've come on more since then.I'll try not to leave it so long next time guys but real life kicks your ass sometimes.

Take care all and enjoy the weekend,peace.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 4

hey 420,

It's lovely out ain't it! apparently it's going to be storms tonight to so fingers crossed for you outdoor nutters lol

Its day 57 of flowering,we're getting into the final straight now with my Gorillas and they're doing good really.

Ive cropped out the smallest one to help get air around the tent and it was a bit fluffy,extra air will help the fight against mould so I have my first bit of nearly proper G'Haze that's been flash dried.

I flash dry using Bamboo kebab sticks to spear the buds hung about 8-10 inches away from the exhaust from my 2 Mars Hydro units and buds about 3 inches will dry in 36hrs.If I then leave it a few days in an open jar it comes out the other end with little roughness and good flavours.

I can happily report that even though it was a runt compared to the others and was flashed it has a great solid hit of the type that makes you write the same that makes you write the same that makes yo ... see what I mean!! fecking haze has fried my brain lollol(tastes good to)

On Monday evening all of the plants were top fed Fishmix at 2ml per litre to help stave of yellowing but the headstrong Gorillas are destroying theyre lovely fans at a rate of knots.I can be sure its just that rather than a nute issue as the plants with the heaviest yellowing have perfectly green,happy and healthy little popcorn buds right down the trunk so its all pretty standard.

I've also now set them onto 13/12 lighting to give them a little warning that grow time is running out and they need to stuff they're fat faces to get over the finish line.

They also had BBZ Topmax and Algamic at 2ml per ltr each as a last nod to sweeten them up and they'll be on water only soon.

The sumps are pretty much plain water now anyway but with 1.5ml per litre of Alga Grow to keep things stable.

@Fragg hey mate, after the mould drama I've nearly made it to crop time again! thanks for your oil support and hope you and yours are good,take a pic at my buds my friend ....

I've done a whole batch of photos today so take a peek through and see how it's going down in the burrow today -

large.1.JPEGlarge_10.JPEGlarge_11.JPEGlarge_12.JPEGlarge_13.JPEGlarge_17.JPEGlarge_16.JPEGlarge_21.JPEGlarge_20.JPEGlarge_22.JPEGlarge_23.JPEGlarge_19.JPEGlarge_15.JPEGlarge_14.JPEGlarge.9.JPEGlarge.8.JPEGlarge.4.JPEGlarge_26.JPEGlarge_24.JPEGlarge_27.JPEGlarge_28.JPEGlarge.3.JPEGlarge_25.JPEG

Next one has a bit of a filter on it that was an accident but looked nice all the same ...

large.5.JPEG

You may have noticed the rainbow of colours in my photos and that's because I'm running LED/CMH/HPS at the same time and it confuses the heck out of my galaxy s5 with a clip on lense.

As I hope you can see though there are some big,fat and stinking ladies in my tent that are trying hard to finish with a flourish over the next two weeks.

Have a top weekend and stay dry if you can f*****g Summer.

• Like 6

@Badbadger

They look superb mate you must be very proud, just hope they aren't too big and get mould again! 

Gotta say I really felt for you last time as it struck right at the end and I know how important your harvests are to you, hence picking up the CBD oil when I was in dam and feeling cash rich.....a feeling that had evaporated by the end of the weekend lol . A poor substitute for your own bud but better than nothing at all mate so glad I could help in a small way. Looking forward to reading your smoke/meds report when you are ready dude :smokin:

ATB mate :oldtoker:

• Like 1