Gorillas in the West.

Badbadger

@panik everything's going grand got some mighty sized G'haze and tiny Fire99's mixed with 2 that are seriously solid.

I've had a bit of last minute offer of few days away  to relax so my update will be delayed but I'll be back Monday with a full post.

cheers mate

• Like 3

@panik hey mate sorry I've drifted with updates for a bit I've not been doing so well for a few days,mainly sleeping and barely able to move let alone get around my tent.

The plants are all fine just polar opposites of each other as the f99's are all still very short and stocky even after stretch and the Gorilla Haze are all enormous and have stretched and incredible amount so its tough catering for both strains needs.

I'll do what I can for now mate,apologies again.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Badbadger said:

@panik hey mate sorry I've drifted with updates for a bit I've not been doing so well for a few days,mainly sleeping and barely able to move let alone get around my tent.

The plants are all fine just polar opposites of each other as the f99's are all still very short and stocky even after stretch and the Gorilla Haze are all enormous and have stretched and incredible amount so its tough catering for both strains needs.

I'll do what I can for now mate,apologies again.

No worries mate all sounds good look forward to an update :yep: 

• Like 1

@panik will have an update for you later dude Im a bit more mobile again now,been really tough without smoke and my pain levels are pretty much up to max.

Could you possibly do me a favour and post some strain details or links to the actual Fire99 and Gorilla Haze so I can get some hard stats,the world's awash with strains that are all similar to each other,thanks mate will be back later with the goods!

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Badbadger said:

@panik will have an update for you later dude Im a bit more mobile again now,been really tough without smoke and my pain levels are pretty much up to max.

Could you possibly do me a favour and post some strain details or links to the actual Fire99 and Gorilla Haze so I can get some hard stats,the world's awash with strains that are all similar to each other,thanks mate will be back later with the goods!

Hey mate what do you want to know apart from what's on my website or that iv posted here ??

@panik its no problem buddy just couldn't spot them on there,will take another peek.

Been tapping out the update this afternoon so will be fully up to date later.

Edit*******

It appears I was looking at the wrong website,sorry for being a twat.All good now.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Badbadger said:

@panik its no problem buddy just couldn't spot them on there,will take another peek.

Been tapping out the update this afternoon so will be fully up to date later.

Edit*******

It appears I was looking at the wrong website,sorry for being a twat.

lol no worries mate .. let me know if you want to know anything,  basically the fire99a is Fire OG x c99auto bred by Canadian breeder KRK, there's a tendency for some to take on the cindy99 auto and flower early but the remainders have  that pure Fire Og funk going on..

Gorilla Haze is the famous commercial Amnesia Core cut x GG ,..2 famous strains selected for the best qualitys and bred together to not only bring the down flower times  of the Amnesia but to bring vigorour, early robustness and keeps that fruity lemon citrus funk from the Ammie ... 

hope this helps mate , I'm working further at present to lock down the Fire Og in those 99's and bring the pure  Fire to the Realgorillaseeds catalogue :yep:  

Edited by panik
  • Like 2

If you work that Og back out itll be a thing of beauty chap and a sledge hammer of a searing high from what I've read which will suit me perfectly.

Two of mine have the Og's deep sweet lemony pine aroma but are the 2 that Auto'd and are really small but weirdly well crystalled at the same time.

My F99's are all over the place as you'll see a bit later but 1 of them is bang on as a stable F99 I think.

oh man I'm seriously in need of a smoke but been out for 3 weeks now,it's shit.

• Like 2

Hey 420,

Firstly apologies to Panik for the update delay,I've had a shit couple of weeks physically since being smokeless and just getting out of bed each morning is wearing me out let alone doing anything,it's just how it goes with me though.

Onto the main reason I'm here and that's the Gorilla Girls.

You may remember that 3 of my Fire99's auto flowered which forced me to change my plans.

I either ignored it and kept all the plants in veg with the possibility of losing alot of yield from the Fires and maybe even stressing them into herm'ing and losing it all which I couldn't risk as every gram is an afternoons pain relief or nights sleep without serious nerve echoes waking me up in tears of agony.

That left the only option of biting the bullet and flipping it all.

Sadly though it's turned out the 3 auto flower 99' buds have barely grown at all so I should have ignored them and continued topping and vegging.

My decision was swayed by the fact im 3 weeks without smoke now and I couldn't stand the thought of risking it all prolonging the daily torture.

We're at Flowering Day 23 so reasonably early days and I really hope the Fire's redeem themselves a bit as the sugared ones smell amazing like wild berry hubba bubba,so here they are  the Fire99's -

large.1.JPEGlarge.2.JPEGlarge.3.JPEGlarge.4.JPEGlarge.5.JPEGlarge.6.JPEG

If you look closely at the shortest 99's youll notice that the fans all stretched out well but the Bud branches stayed static with some only going a cm or two at most and have barely grown since.

All of them were topped at the 4th internode and that's all I've done training wise but I have 99's that are smaller than 2 Zambezi Seeds Little Dwarf Auto's I'm doing,I also have Fire99's that are taller than some of the Gorilla Haze loland 2 Fire's have small buds that are sugared up already but have barely grown in size.

This Fire99 is a good height with a nicer trunk and really healthy fans that stretched a little but the bud branches barely moved and have small scraggly buds with zero stretch,I removed the low buds as there was little point wasting any grow energy on them,have a zoom and see what I mean -

large.5.JPEG

Nice fans though - 

large_16.JPEG

I've put all the short ones on one sump and raised it by a foot -

large_21.JPEG

Itll give them a stronger light but being closer to the source and closer to the LED it will keep them short so its swings and roundabouts but if it maximises any bud growth they're able to give then ill be happy.

Heres a few bud pics of the young Fire 99's -

large.8.JPEGlarge_14.JPEGlarge_20.JPEGlarge_19.JPEGlarge_15.JPEGlarge_17.JPEG

Next up are the giant Gorilla Hazes,I have only taken group shots of them as I got a bit burnt out doing the Fire's but next time ill focus on Hazes like the 99's today,here you go - 

left group of 3 -

large_22.JPEG

right group of 3 -

large_a1.JPEG

The Hazes have all shown that given a chance they would love to be at least 6ft - 7ft so its been a case of controlling stretch from flipping with most of them.

I have 2 metres of height in my tent so I've alot to play with and have enjoyed watching them grow how they want to with minimal training only topping at the 4th node.

I'm not to worried by height as theyre set in flower now and still have 75cm of headroom.Also my plan is to move all the plants onto trays for the last couple of weeks to remove as much water and its associated humidity as  possible to help reduce the risk of Mould.

They will still be wick fed but in very small sumps of a couple of litres at most so I can tune and record uptake aswell.

As they stretched and grew I  considered weaving them into a screen As they got leggy quickly but it was impossible so far in.

After some thought I decided to get rough and bend the long tops over before duct taping the bend for support and it's worked well,it didn't appear to hold them back at all and as is well known the damage stimulates a hormone response to repair it quickly that also stimulates more growth and nutrient supply.

General Grow Information - 

The temp range in my tent is very stable and stays that way until it gets up to low 30's at which pint I open a vent and it will stay between 23c and 28c a 4 degree difference which is perfectly within the 7 degree range generally accepted as providing the optimum enviroment.

On average they've been wicking around 3.5liters per sump (3 plants on each) every 2 days.Thats the best thing about the wick system is the fact that once set up correctly the plants can and will take all they want when they want it and with as little fuss as possible,used with good quality compost you do barely have to worry at all about nutes be they Grow or Bloom.

With a small DIY ballcock set up and raised tank you could leave them completely for a week or two,strain and growth period allowing of course.

All the plants are in sumps that have Plagron Alga Bloom at 2ml per litre with Seaweed extract at 2ml per litre and are continually bubbled 24/7.

There are no yellowing leaves anywhere on any plant so I'm happy the compost has enough power in to support them and I have added nothing extra N wise so far.

Apoligies and respect again to @panik but to be honest I'm a little gutted about the 99's as im sure the quality genetics being partly from the Fire Og they could be a fantastic strain with a knockout hit and im excited about the 1 I believe is a stable Fire99 and will be smothering it with attention. 

Of course they may have just disliked my set up although the Hazes are doing great and the 6 Autos (3x Sweet Seeds Crystal Candy/3x Zambezi Little Dwarfs) I'm doing as space fillers on the photo's 12/12 lightinh have all developed well to so I don't think it's the issue really.

(Perhaps I may be of service to RGS should there be a need to test a few beans along the way Mr Panik sir? )

So there we go all updated and I'll be back with another in a few days focusing on the Gorilla Haze.

To finish here's a group shot - 

large_a2.JPEG

Have a great weekend and regards to you and yours,respect.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 5

The gorilla haze seem to be the stars of the show with everyone, the fire99 smell lovely mate, mine is a single 10inch cola and never did much but its gonna be a good smoke i can tell, good things come in small packages as they say. The gorillas tho 

great pics mate

Edited by cocopips
  • Like 2

i seriously think you should consider copyrighting the wick with hook idea ..its such a simple thing but pure genius @Badbadger and also be aware with those troughs your going to have a lot of humidity in the tent ..good airflow and more airflow as they fill out chap ..but im glad you have worked a way to make wicks work for you .

• Like 2

in fact you could make those wicks with hooks and sell em there that clever an idea .

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hey 420,

How fast does time go when your straight ?

answer - fookin' fast!!

Smoking bud,or of late not smoking it,appears to change the way I'm perceiving the world,my condition and my day in so far as I don't feel like I've taken a moments rest this week or two even though I don't do much of anything really anyway.

That could be because I've not been able to relax as fully as I do  when im smoking and the physical stresses and pain felt by not having that daily relief makes it feel as if I've been burnt out all week.

Some sad news now ( but good news for me)

Three of the Fire99 that auto flowered have barely gained a thing in nearly 3 weeks even though I treated them to a central position with tonnes of good light to give them the best chance but they didnt push on.

With that in mind and the fact I have ZERO/ZILCH/NIL smoke I decided to chop them I did my ceremonial routine of giving them a couple of hours of actual Sun before murdering them, Look at them and the little but very sticky buds -

large_t3.JPEGlarge_t5.JPEGlarge_t6.JPEGlarge_t2.JPEGlarge_t8.JPEGlarge_t1.JPEGlarge_t10.JPEGlarge_t13.JPEG

They all gave zero stretch as you can see by the fact the tiny buds are basically straight up the middle.I flash dried them around my lights and dried them in 36hrs.

They were actually really sticky and smelt beautiful like a 1970's fruit cocktail trifle with mixed sweet fruits a base of vanilla cream.

Obviously I wasn't expecting anything from them as theyre very straggly and dried to nothing but i got a weeks worth of very carefully rationed smoke and it's pretty decent in both taste and strength.

If the aromas I had on them are in the 3 bigger plants I'll be chuffed to bits as they're stunning so fingers crossed.

The good news is I'm back on the green meds again and after a couple of days life's looking a little calmer already.

Both the Gorilla Haze and what's  left of the Fire99 are all super healthy with zero yellowing anywhere.

There are 3 plants on each sump and as an average each group of 3 plants are taking up 4 litres every 3 days.There is Plagron Alga Bloom in them at 2ml per litre.

I've also top fed each pot with Bio Bizz Top Max at 2.5ml per litre along with BBZ Alga Mic at 3ml per litre as a tonic.

There has been one important change in my set up and that's a new light addition,yes another one lol,so as follows I'm now growing under -

315w CMH

290W act LED

and

400W HPS dual spectrum.

I bought the HPS used when I first  started back growing but the bulb went and couldn't afford a replacement at the time but have managed to find a Lumii Dual Spec at "mates rates" price in my local grow store,thanks Pete.

My aim was to eventually run a set up that replicated a natural day under Sunlight and the HPS finishes that of so now the tent day is as follow -

8am - 4 x 35w CMH

9am - 5 x 35w CMH

10am - 2 x 145w(act) LED 

11am - 1 x 400w HPS

So for 5 hours between 11am to 4pm Its 1005w in total.

4pm - 400w HPS Off.

6pm - 290w LED Off.

7pm - 175w CMH Off. (5x35w)

8pm - 140w CMH Off. (4x35w)

Lights out.

My extraction fan is on 24/7 but speed controlled down to 3 out of ten clicks at lights out and 2 hung oscillating fans over night.

Leaving extraction on 24/7 helps fight humidity but also helps control aroma leaks as there is always good negative pressure pulling inwards and out through the carbon filter obv stopping anything escaping.

To be honest this update actually started last Tuesday but life,school holidays and the fact I'm again self medicating (yay!) has had a rather negative effect on my time keeping so apologies grow fans and to @panik

So here are the photos I took last week on flowering day 26 that I never got round to posting -

large_p4.JPEGlarge_p7.JPEGlarge_p5.JPEGlarge_p6.JPEGlarge_p9.JPEGlarge_t14.JPEGlarge_t15.JPEGlarge_t16.JPEGlarge_t8.JPEGlarge_t4.JPEGlarge_t6.JPEGlarge_t5.JPEGlarge_p1.JPEGlarge_p3.JPEG

Just as an example here are photos taken as each light type fires up.

large_t1.JPEGlarge_t2.JPEGlarge_t3b.JPEG

Next up are photos I took yesterday on flowering day 32,you'll notice the tents now focused on getting something substantial out of the Gorilla Haze that are so vibrant and healthy,take a look -

large_t18.JPEGlarge_t20.JPEGlarge_t23.JPEGlarge_t24.JPEGlarge_t19.JPEGlarge_t14.JPEGlarge_t17.JPEGlarge_t15.JPEG

The Haze's have needed some severe bending punishment over this last few weeks and stretched continually from flip until a few days ago but they're budding up nicely now and fingers crossed are set height wise.

Id just like to add I understand there are many,many ways I can train and tie etc but I've just wanted to focus on the enviroment and wick system to ensure it's a good place for them to be and one way of telling is to let the genetics respond to the enviroment they're in plus it introduces issues for me to cope with and learn from.

I hope everyone's grows are growing and you and yours are well.

Until next time folks.

• Like 6

Nice update @Badbadger

As much as the videos are cool, I like the pic's better. Partly down to my slower than dial up speed, phone internet though :thumbdown:

Plants are looking lush.

Waiting for smoke reports on the gorilla haze but I'm sure it's gonna be in my tent soon. 

Glad you've got some early medicine together. Sure you'll have plenty more soon. 

Be well. 

Nice one, 

Tigs :guitar:

• Like 2