Gorillas in the West.

Badbadger

The Canadian breeder of these  told me 10% will auto mate , hoping the rest are gems for you pal.. great vids keep them coming :yep:

Edited by panik
  • Like 2

@panik hey chap how's it going?

Just a quicky to say I now have 3 Fire 99's that have gone straight into flower with 2 that look as though they might do to.

Five of them are very short to so perhaps they're all the same pheno and the one tall one leaning the other way.

Having not been in this position before will they still flower adequately on a 12/12 or as theyre more auto facing will they give a mediocre yield like having a true auto on 12/12 buddy?

Can't be helped just a real shame as I had big plans.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Badbadger said:

@panik hey chap how's it going?

Just a quicky to say I now have 3 Fire 99's that have gone straight into flower with 2 that look as though they might do to.

Five of them are very short to so perhaps they're all the same pheno and the one tall one leaning the other way.

Having not been in this position before will they still flower adequately on a 12/12 or as theyre more auto facing will they give a mediocre yield like having a true auto on 12/12 buddy?

Can't be helped just a real shame as I had big plans.

Hey mate , seems they have more auto in these than I thought , I would think there be fine on 12/12 mate and shouldn't effect yield I have a room of these just started so I will keep track and post pictures or start a thread,..

• Like 2

large.cooltext248792200599482.png

Hey 420,

I trust life finds you and yours are well and your enjoying some fine smoke this evening,if you are can you f***k right off you b******s I don't have a fan leaf to sniff at the moment how insensitive can you be lol

Even though I live in a beautiful place with continual breezes developing along the valley it's been extraordinarily steamy in my tiny corner of Wiltshire for the first time in years and I'm sure youll agree it's been feckin' brutally hot out there so come on Thunder storms and rain do your worst and chill us down tonight.

Now it's time for the first pictoral update in this diary.

I thought it's a good time to run through the plants,my plans and to get a fixed point before flipping in a few days.

All 12 are now sat with wicks in the water so once theyve pushed out rootwise into the new pot theyll contact with the wicks and start drawing fluids up as and when they need.Ive fed them a little Fishmix at 1.5ml to help kick things of.

Some of you may have seen my last grow and recent run in with serious bud rot that ended up with me losing a whole crop - 4 Killer Kush and 3 Green Poison all 2 weeks from finishing.

I've learnt a few hard lessons from it that I'm putting into action this time round,the changes I'll be making are as follows.....

Using smaller shared sumps that have ballast in to control the amount of water sitting and building humidity.

Once into flower I'll add more ballast to bring the amount of fluid down whilst still being at the correct height to be taken up by the plants.

Then for the last week of flowering all sumps will come out completely and they'll be flushed by hand.

I used large converted wire mesh pots that gave great aeration last time but meant the pots didn't hold moisture well,if at all,adding yet more quickly released humidity into the tent.

I'm using 5 litre pots reasoning that the smaller pots will be able to provide quicker and steadier hydration,nutrition to the whole root ball that covers the negatives of smaller pots.

I think I allowed the night time temps to drop a little to low at times that triggered the spores into a growth phase so I'm watching that like a hawk.

My extraction was on for 90 minutes after lights out which considering the amount of warmed water in there was not enough.This grow my extraction will be on 24/7 but I'll be controlling speed by hand.

My last grow pots were built incorrectly in so far as the wicks didn't reach right up to the pot surface.This meant that the top third wasn't adequately fed and watered and died back a touch so I had to top it off by hand,this did mean I could accurately control the Bloom nutes and tonics each plant needed but meant there was even more water going in which again increased humidity.

I've also added 2 new oscillating fans that have small cheap timers so It automatically switches to different fans from different directions each time.

Living out in the sticks I'm surrounded by alot of plant life with fully mature Trees around the house so spores of many types will be present and possibly got drawn in by my intake which has an old school filter of ladies tights! Anyhow I've gotten hold of a Dyson HEPA filter from our old bag that randomly fits my ducting perfectly.

Thats where I'm at then so now on to the plants.

They are all healthy,green and vibrant but most of the Fire 99's have Auto'd into flower so have decided to flip into 12/12  to not hold them back in the next few days.

They are small for they're age but I held them back for a few weeks by really over compressing the compost at each pot up which worked quite well in slowing them down.

As they were put into final pots I really loosened the root balls up and barely held them in as I filled the pot,there will naturally be some settling that I've factored into the grow so that in a couple of weeks it should have settled giving space to dress them off.

I know its a bit hippy and way out man but Ive been reading about replicating a natural light cycle with a dusk,dawn and strong mid-day Sun,as such my light plan is as follows...

8 am 4 x 35w CMH come on.

8.30 am all 9 x 35w CMH on and stay on.

10 am - 5 pm 2 Mars hydro(280w actual) join the CMH then off.

6.30pm - 7.30pm 5 X 35w CMH go off leaving 4.

8pm All lights off.

I'm growing in Plagron Royal Mix as it has everything the plants will need for 5 weeks pretty much.

I have watered with Bio Bizz Fishmix to help kick things into gear and may use that along the way.I also have Bio Bizz Alga Mic to hand that I give once a week as a pep up to sooth those  aching roots.

If at any point I spot some issues I have Plagron Alga Grow/Bloom to hand so I'm pretty well covered I think.

As a starting point I've gone through and photo'd each plant.Each shot is labelled with strain and plant number so dive in and take a look,it's 

Fire 99 first ......

large_GH6.JPEGlarge_GH5.JPEGlarge_GH4.JPEGlarge_GH1.JPEGlarge_GH2.JPEGlarge_GH3.JPEG

Gorilla Haze next  .........

large_f6.JPEGlarge_f4.JPEGlarge_F1.JPEGlarge_F2.JPEGlarge_f3.JPEG

large_f5.JPEG

This update has kept me amused on an incredibly hot and sweaty day but I can already feel a temperature fall which is bliss.

Peace and love to everyone.

• Like 7

Thanks @panik will get them flipped and stoke up that fire! if they go into flower easy it could be a bonus but I had a plan that needed a couple of weeks more veg,they'll be shown the badger love still lol

They do smell nice already with a little stem rub mmmmmm.

• Like 1

Hey 420,

Its day 1 of flowering so just a quick peek behind the tent door today with them all potted,wicked and merrily drinking away,look....

large_OVH1.JPEG

large_SO2.JPEG

Short and sweet today but it's time for some ssttrreeettccchhh so I'm watching 'em like a hawk to control any future giants.

Have a top day chaps.

• Like 8

hey 420,

Hope everyone's doing great and you have some packed jars of stanky smoke to hand.

Ive got everything fully set up and running for the rest of flowering now so other than a sump clean out now and again they'll be left to do what those Gorilla girls wanna do lol

I topped every plant before I flipped and other than some tying down to keep a level canopy and trimming out as little as possible until week 4,they'll be left to get on with it other than that.

To be honest I'm not really able to get adventurous with set ups etc due to 95% of my body being utterly feckin' useless and my Wife does enough of the work as it is so I'm keeping it simple.

In my last grow I made it to 1 week out from cropping and barely had any yellowing,I did it by giving them Fishmix/Grow at 1.5ml per litre of each into the sumps so they can take as much as they need through the wicks.Im already running with Plagron Grow @1ml per litre to keep things gentle.

Without further ado I present to you today's update on day 5 of flowering,enjoy it ladies and gentlemen.....

grrrrrrrr So sorry the audio was copyrighted again.Will swap audio out and repost bit later.

Hope you enjoyed it see you in a few days time.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 4

Here we go then my video tweaked and with new audio,fingers feckin' crossed....

Right moment of truth I'm pushing the submit button in 4....3....2....1....

AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

It plays fine but I've cocked up the edit and left to much audio.

Its a video f*****g nightmare.Its all there but wordings muddled from adjusting it and trimming the audio in a rush but I can't do anymore today I'm shot.

apologies @panik  I hate shit like that so it won't happen again.Im backing up all the images I post and use in the videos so if i grow something you'd like to use the image of it'll be there ok mate.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 5

Hey 420,

What a nice day outside today not to hot or cold for me so I'm outside with a cup of tea and listening to the birds twittering around whilst In my comfy wheelchair which fits like a glove and can spend hours in it,great for smoking to much in lolchance would be a fine thing as I've been totally weedless for 3 weeks now,can someone please play the world's smallest violin for me like my wife does alot lol

This has been delayed for a few days as I've had a bit of not great medical news but that's nothing new to me.

As you'll see in my video the plants have definitely found the wicks and are kicking into flower big time.

They sit 3 to a sump pot and between them are getting through 1.8ltrs on average in 2 days but that will rise alot as the buds fill out but it's good to see them drawing so much because it means the systems working well and an even moisture level throughout the whole pot.

Music today is from Beach Fossils-Be Nothing on the album Somersault which is a great listen with nothing to high tempo wise.

Hope you enjoy the video ......

@panik in the slight chance you'd like to use a shot or two once it gets exciting I always back up the images before any editing,labelling etc.

The plants are starting to look really promising now and those Auto'd plants are well ahead flower wise so a positive really.

In the Fire 99's I have 2 Indica leaning,2 Sativa leaning (early flowering) and 2 that are stable 99's I think so a good mix and I'm looking for mum's for the next 6 mths so cant wait to see how they turn out.

All the Gorilla Haze are boringly the same as each other hehe.

Thanks panik.

Have a fantastic Sunday where ever or whoever your with and my regards to you and yours.

Peace.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Badbadger said:

Hey 420,

What a nice day outside today not to hot or cold for me so I'm outside with a cup of tea and listening to the birds twittering around whilst In my comfy wheelchair which fits like a glove and can spend hours in it,great for smoking to much in lolchance would be a fine thing as I've been totally weedless for 3 weeks now,can someone please play the world's smallest violin for me like my wife does alot lol

This has been delayed for a few days as I've had a bit of not great medical news but that's nothing new to me.

As you'll see in my video the plants have definitely found the wicks and are kicking into flower big time.

They sit 3 to a sump pot and between them are getting through 1.8ltrs on average in 2 days but that will rise alot as the buds fill out but it's good to see them drawing so much because it means the systems working well and an even moisture level throughout the whole pot.

Music today is from Beach Fossils-Be Nothing on the album Somersault which is a great listen with nothing to high tempo wise.

Hope you enjoy the video ......

@panik in the slight chance you'd like to use a shot or two once it gets exciting I always back up the images before any editing,labelling etc.

The plants are starting to look really promising now and those Auto'd plants are well ahead flower wise so a positive really.

In the Fire 99's I have 2 Indica leaning,2 Sativa leaning (early flowering) and 2 that are stable 99's I think so a good mix and I'm looking for mum's for the next 6 mths so cant wait to see how they turn out.

All the Gorilla Haze are boringly the same as each other hehe.

Thanks panik.

Have a fantastic Sunday where ever or whoever your with and my regards to you and yours.

Peace.

Im having a nice Sunday lunch in a nice country pub for my dads birthday, so thank you kind sir and I hope everyone is enjoying there Sunday too , 

loving the updates and videos mate mate keep them coming your doing a fine job.. :yep: 

• Like 2

Love the pic presentation and the vids dude...

Thanks for taking time out to do them.

Really liking the tune "be nothing"....takes me back to my hippy days ha ha

Plants look flawless mate...top job

:toot:

• Like 2

As always excellent, pics, music & vids, very well done. Hope ur medical news isn't too bad mate. Glad to hear ur comfy & happy out in ur wheelchair, nice one :yep:.

• Like 2