Nudger's RGS Grow and Show Fire 99 & Fast Diesel

nudger36

Hey all, 

Hope you are all well and having a splendid outdoor season :yep:

Here is my Fire 99, just took off a couple of leaves to hopefully help with branching and added a new layer of soil and amendments. 

Very healthy from the outset and happy with the progress so far also just germinated another Fast Diesel as the last one as vanished! I really dont know what as happened, got sneaky feeling a mate as fleeced it :( 

large.rsz_img_20170718_150409.jpg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, nudger36 said:

I really dont know what as happened, got sneaky feeling a mate as fleeced it :( 

Hahaha jesus man! Maybe it was the crazy old bird with the torch!

Looks good that though nudge, nice n green as usual. Great weather for it too eh?

• Like 2

Looking good, mate. That defo looks like a Fire OG dom plant. I've found they don't like throwing out side braches much. I've got two Fire dom which I topped early on and they look like they'll just produce one big top cola on each branch and buds up the stem. Mine are indoor under lights now but I have one c99 dom which I have in the greenhouse - that one is branching out nicely after being topped twice early on.

I pulled a leaf off of one of the Fire dom plants and took a sniff - it smelt like a cheeseburger !!

• Like 2

@nudger36Looking green and happy mate and that may have been me that stole your other one lol (bit hard in me' chair lol)

@bearukcI've had the no branch stretch f99 issue and 2 that auto flowered. 

I believe Panik is trying to dig out a cleaner fire og pheno to work on.

I have one thats a self made short ass bushy bonsai but has the most beautiful tiny fans.

You just know theyre all gonna go nuts in the last few weeks and yield us half a pound each lol

• Like 4

Thank you @bearukc @Badbadger@Lotus_rouge , im going to try my best to coax them out. Honestly dont know where my Fast Diesel is lol someones pulled a fast one on me I know that! my dog as been looking a bit dodge lately, he also fell over when taking a leak earlier, nothing worse than a cannabis smoking, oh and thieving pooch! im on to him I tell ya! in all seriousness though it as pickled my pumpkin a bit.

@panik I believe there are both photo and auto versions of this one?

I bloody love chedburgers! fire in the hole!

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 4

yes mate I was told 10% auto , but I'm in the midst of backcrossing some nice fire og pheno's to hopefully get rid of the autos :yep: 

• Like 4

Oh mate, that would be very nice @panik :yep: she looks great to be honest photo or auto and shes really carried over the Fire OG well in the pheno I have. Looking forward to the potency test, a mate of mine grew one from Highrise a bit back and it was really good, very clean soaring high, one of those feel good strains, no raciness of any description. 

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, panik said:

yes mate I was told 10% auto , but I'm in the midst of backcrossing some nice fire og pheno's to hopefully get rid of the autos :yep: 

just remember if your planing on going F3 , F4 etc,  then even with selecting only the photo plants, you will eventually end up with all autos.   

• Like 1

That dont sound right to me @Amarillo slim if you go back to a photo, it then takes 4 gens going forward to get to fully auto, but this is going the other way mate, it will be BX1, BX2 not F's. You go back to the photo, grow the seeds then go back to the photo again until the auto gene is gone.

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, nudger36 said:

That dont sound right to me @Amarillo slim if you go back to a photo, it then takes 4 gens going forward to get to fully auto, 

yep true,  but its not crossing back to a photo its a photo pheno of a auto x photo f2.       i was only saying it will end up fully auto if you simply carry on the line,  with the backcrosses I'm not so sure.  maybe it will be fine?    trouble is with the lingo,  F this and bx that etc,  is that once you start crossing and f3 to an f2 , but then calling that a bx1 then crossing some of those offspring together as the case may be and so on,  it all gets very complicated and its not so easy to predict what will happen.   

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A quick pic of the Fire 99 by RGS, very strong stems and very thick petioles. She as now started to branch , I took the fan leaves from underneath the two big ones left this allowed the secondary's to overtake. I will now take off the two remaining large fans, hopefully they will then become tops.

large.rsz_img_20170727_164704.jpg

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 4