Nudger's RGS Grow and Show Fire 99 & Fast Diesel

nudger36

On 26/05/2017 at 5:19 PM, nudger36 said:

Thank you mate @botanicswhat germination method do use please bud? im going to sack the riots this time.

For what it's worth, I used root riots for germination for my MJ seeds and Jiffy7 pellets for all my chilllis, cucumbers  and other veg seeds.  Imho, the jiffy sevens are far, far better than root riots for germination, they don't dry out nearly as quickly as the RR's. I won't be using RR's again except for cloning.

I am very glad you've started this thread - it'll give me a chance to read through it as you progress with the grow, now that I have a slightly better understanding of the process

good luck with everything, and thanks as always for your help

• Like 4

Thanks mate, appreciate the kind words @Go flying I think the last RR's I purchased came with free gnat eggs lol I find you end up taking bits from everyone when developing your own way of doing things, I know I still do. I think I have some Jiffys somewhere :yep:

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, 

How humid is it! great for veg but a nightmare for late flower, having to harvest 2 plants today.

Anyway, sorry for the delay in getting this properly going. 

I have one Fast Diesel and one Fire 99, the two in the dodgy Root Riots dampened off :( should have known better really having had issue with them recently.

So here we go :skin_up:

large.rsz_img_20170614_144800.jpg

Both are fully outdoor, have given them a good foliar with Neem, Aloe and Mills Vitalize, would not ususssss use a silica but being outdoors fully though it would be a good idea in regards to prevention.

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

it's still bloody humid & sticky u all good bud:skin_up:how are the :hippy:girlz bug :alien2:free:D they jumping:sport:UP, need to stop using so many icon:fear:

Soil mix Looking GOOD:rockon:

• Like 1

Yes mate, they need repotting asap, just waiting on some coco, thinking about trying super coco rather than super soil, my mate runs it and gets absolute monsters and with all the benefits of a super soil.

Just spotted a couple of spider mites, think they arrived with my clones. Treated all the plants with a very light mix of Eagle 20, literally dunked each plant in a bucket, goes a bit against my principals using it but needs must aye @Percygrower_420

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 1

Kill the fuckers:ninja:Ninja style:pitchfork:nudger36. That sounds interesting id like to see how they turn out in Super coco:george:. i can always remember monsters when using coco in my hesi dayz:skin_up:

Never had spider Mites guessing that the DANGER of getting clones Goodluck with your killing spree:badass::badass:

Edited by Percygrower_420
  • Like 1

@nudger36

I only use compost, but, I thought coco was inert. How can that be "suped up" since I thought it was nye on hydro just hand fed .... or am I just being dumb? (Cream caramel you see lol )

Peace 

:yinyang:

Yep, im a super soiler, just fancied something different. I have been watching a few people do it @botanics just amend the coco as you would a super soil, still researching at the moment to be honest. When I have a workable mix will try one plant with it, im sure it will end up with some compost in but want to try getting bigger pecentages of coco in, probably using 50/50 in my current final pot mix, but in the previous smaller pots I use way more coco, the root growth seems do much better, more like super noodles lol                                                                                                                 

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 2

@nudger36

Ah right, I'm with you mate...I did a bit of fiddling with coco in my compost last year see and done a side by side sort of with the BH x PS, what I found was that they vegged a little quicker and with more vigour, however they were seed plants, so it's not really a good comparison and was more out of curiosity than anything, so I tried it again on the next grow but lost plants because I buggered it up and they didn't like it so much, left it off since but reusing now like as you know :v: 

• Like 1

Good luck with this  Nudger , be interesting to see. I always add a bit of coco into my mix to lighten things up a tad. Never tried it with amendments tho. You still adding some pearly and ewc ?. Have you got any gypsum mate as coco totally lacking in sulphur would be good addition I think  :yep: 

Edited by bobnudd

Morning all, hope your well :yep: glad to have a breather from the sun we have had recently! 

Repotted the Fire 99 and Fast Diesel at last, hopefully they can now start to motor, probably got about 60% coco in the current mix along with Alfalfa, Bone Meal, Calcified Seaweed, Insect Frass and a sprinkle of Sulphur Dust ( thanks @bobnudd)

Have been foliar feeding every other day at the moment but will now back off to once a week now the roots have more space.

large.rsz_img_20170630_104716.jpg

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 7

Just dropped another Fast Diesel in water tonight along with potting up the Fire 99 into a 50/50 coco/super soil mix and watered in with some Growers Ark Root Stim, hopefully will get a Fire OG dom plant. Fire OG is one of my favorite strains to date, high hopes for the the Fire 99 :skin_up:and looking at the pics of this on IG, looks like @panik as a banger :yep: 

Really getting a taste for Diesel strains of late, so looking to getting the Fast Diesel in flower too.

Edited by nudger36
  • Like 4