The Big Booty Bitches 2017 competition

Briar Fox

I swear guys...bigger holes means more expansive root system and far more nutrient uptake that enables the plants to supercharge their growth...these plants wouldnt be half of what they are in a 1meterX1meterX50cm deep hole. Its the minimum 2 meterX2meter holes that make them what they are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 912GreenSkell said:

@Amarillo slim - awesome bud!! Not a bad size at all!!

Might i ask...how large is the dug hole? Any mold issues?

hole size isn't massive,  probably about sq meter or there abouts..  turned over with a fork, added slow release ferts and caged.  thats basically all I've done apart from knocking back vegetation and chucking down slug pellets a few times.  oh and abit of lollipopping / thinning as she has a very branchy / bushy habit. 

no mold so far,  but she's got a way to go and i am abit worried about how she will fair here with all the wet and cold weather thats no doubt in store for the next month.  I will do a little update every couple weeks.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Amarillo slim said:

hole size isn't massive,  probably about sq meter or there abouts..  turned over with a fork, added slow release ferts and caged.  thats basically all I've done apart from knocking back vegetation and chucking down slug pellets a few times.  oh and abit of lollipopping / thinning as she has a very branchy / bushy habit. 

no mold so far,  but she's got a way to go and i am abit worried about how she will fair here with all the wet and cold weather thats no doubt in store for the next month.  I will do a little update every couple weeks.  

Good luck with the tail end of the season bud!! You and i are in the same position...some of mine arent well progressed in flower and though its unseasonable beautiful right now, i can feel the harsh weather coming before too long!! When i did the BB in harsh falls, she performed quite well with cold temps coupled with ample rain...hope she performs just as well for you bud!

24 minutes ago, 912GreenSkell said:

Good luck with the tail end of the season bud!! You and i are in the same position...some of mine arent well progressed in flower and though its unseasonable beautiful right now, i can feel the harsh weather coming before too long!! When i did the BB in harsh falls, she performed quite well with cold temps coupled with ample rain...hope she performs just as well for you bud!

cheers mate.   got my fingers crossed for her,  theres two strawberry cough plants on the same plot that are only just starting to flower now,  so they will be really late for me this year.  and definitely wouldn't finish your neck of the woods.

I've dusted a couple branches on that blueberry with some fem Serious mite (serious 6 x mighty mite) pollen.  should knock a week or two of the finishing date, plus add some extra outdoor hardiness and mold resistance.  

quick question with the blueberries,  are the blueberry smelling phenos normally apparent from the start of flowering?  mine doesn't seem to be giving off many berry smells at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Amarillo slim said:

cheers mate.   got my fingers crossed for her,  theres two strawberry cough plants on the same plot that are only just starting to flower now,  so they will be really late for me this year.  and definitely wouldn't finish your neck of the woods.

I've dusted a couple branches on that blueberry with some fem Serious mite (serious 6 x mighty mite) pollen.  should knock a week or two of the finishing date, plus add some extra outdoor hardiness and mold resistance.  

quick question with the blueberries,  are the blueberry smelling phenos normally apparent from the start of flowering?  mine doesn't seem to be giving off many berry smells at the moment. 

All of the BB's grew were berry scented by the end of flower(2 were blueberry muffin in odour, and 2 were berry perfume in odour which i loved), but smell often came around flower week 4.

I would love to run a strawberry cough, but from what i have read they are indeed too late for me for sure, thanks for confirming that!

2 minutes ago, 912GreenSkell said:

All of the BB's grew were berry scented by the end of flower(2 were blueberry muffin in odour, and 2 were berry perfume in odour which i loved), but smell often came around flower week 4.

I would love to run a strawberry cough, but from what i have read they are indeed too late for me for sure, thanks for confirming that!

good to know,  i was beginning to think i had a non blueberry smelling blueberry plant.  

any idea what strains your running next year yet?   I've just noticed this morning that Dutch passion have released a new auto Orange bud.

if the pics and description are anything to go by (which is a solid maybe) then it should be epic.  

• Like 3

@Amarillo slim - On the other site i frequent there is at least a dozen guys currently growing the new Auto orange Bud.

Rerunning green poison and fruity chronic juice, and maybe cream caramel...likely blueberry and think fast again. Might give a few more sweets a go, crystal candy. I have already chosen my auto selection. I need to get some earlier finishing strains for photos...this season too many are pushing too far into the shitty weather trends.

Autos:

X2 Dinafem AWW XXL 

X1 Dinafem Moby Dick XXL

X1 Sweet Cream Mandarin XL

X1 Mephisto White train

X1 DP Cinderella Jack

X1 DP Brooklyn Sunrise

X1 DP either Mazar or Xtreme

Also going to do X4 in the partial sun garden

X1 Dp AWW CBD

X1 Dinafem AWW CBD

X1 DP Auto Ultimate

?? Havent fully decided on the last slot yet

3 hours ago, 912GreenSkell said:

@mokka - the leaving a single branch per node...do you do that to concentrate nutrient flow to the single branch rather than a pair of branches per node to produce larger bud, or is there another reason i may be overlooking?

2 reasons, the main one is that leaving both branches would make the canopy too dense and messy. 

The other reason is that often 1 branch is dominant and I don't want a little branch getting in the way of a big branch.

Edited by mokka
  • Like 4

Been a while but here she is. I didn't tart her up for a photo and she's been neglected lately. Green pheno with a couple of crayons in there.

large.IMG_3288.JPGlarge.IMG_3284.JPG

• Like 27

Well there you go guys...you guys think i live in the land of rainbows and unicorns? Like fuck...2 nights ago a robbery was thwarted...fuckers managed to cut almost all of the plants down before they were caught and took off running...good thing is they didnt get a fucking scrap of bud...bad thing is all of the Fruity Chronic Juice, half of the think fast and half of the atomic colas were chopped way early and full of fertilizer.