Àdh Mòr Pota = Pot luck RGSC

Irishgirl

don't feel down @Irishgirl ... ive killed a lot of seeds and seedlings and small plants and .... well you get the gist ... lol ... at least some have popped ... that's how you've got to look at it mate ... glass half full ... not half empty ... if it was me I would nurse them babies  ..  then take cuts so you've got a few like ...  if you've the time and theyre not autos that is .... I know its ok all of us saying to cheer up .... it's truly awful when you're looking forward to something and it doesn't pan out how you had hoped ... but please feel better and get your determined head back on ... up and at em lass ... onwards and upwards yeah?? ... and don't forget the others they still might make an appearance ...  but I do think the ones that the heads come off are done for ... if you remember I did it to one of mine in my RGS diary have a look ... it will make you feel better .... laugh at me and cheer up ... lol 

• Like 6

As dodgee and MMG say, it can and will go wrong from time to time so keep on doing what your doing @Irishgirl,...don't count your chickens and all that.....

to be honest I struggle with seedlings myself, as I have grown mostly from clone but this last while I've been popping lots of beans. I'm going to try root riot cubes next as you can just pop them straight into coco.

best of luck:lucky:and keep positive the ones you have look really good

• Like 3

@Irishgirl

I take no care with germinating Seeds, I just put them in a cup of cold kettle water and let them sit there for 3 days until the tails come out to 5 to 15 mm. I then put em in the same pots as you have used with multi compo from the supermarket tails down and just covered with 3mm on top. Cover with cling film for humidity and leave indoors at room temperature for 3 days. As soon as they pop get em under light. 

As far as light regime in the drobe,better at 18/6 as that's closer to what you'll be planting out into outdoors so the plants won't get confused. Especially the semi Autos from panik. 

Germ the rest of what you've got if you don't see more heads popping up from the current seed trays. 

Keep on going, it's gonna work. You're dealing with the real world and it's not always going to go as planned. Each season has its twists and turns , don't stress just roll with it and enjoy each challenge. It can only make you stronger. :yep:

• Like 5

Well, not only do I have less den half da seeds germinate but I just had another fecken disaster. The few babies I have I brought them outside 2 da big wild world 2 introduce them 2 da climate etc.... ooh ya, da wild world it sure is this morning. As I left da babies in cages & a canopy around them a big gusts of wind came along & blew da babies all over da plc :wallbash::wallbash:. Yep, that's right, right out of their little pots & all & da labelled tags also :wallbash:. I have done my best 2 save them by repotting them topping them up with fresh soil but no idea which plant is what :wallbash: as da labels fell out also. I know if the roots r damaged da plant will be 2 :wallbash:. My god, tis has really added 2 my frustration & annoyance :ranting:. It's as if da green goddess are saying "it's not 4 u, it's not ur year, maybe another time", we'll feck it & feck it again, wot an idot, wot a disaster, wot an episode I'm having in such early days :wallbash::!::thumbdown::no::crybaby:

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Irishgirl said:

Well, not only do I have less den half da seeds germinate but I just had another fecken disaster. The few babies I have I brought them outside 2 da big wild world 2 introduce them 2 da climate etc.... ooh ya, da wild world it sure is this morning. As I left da babies in cages & a canopy around them a big gusts of wind came along & blew da babies all over da plc :wallbash::wallbash:. Yep, that's right, right out of their little pots & all & da labelled tags also :wallbash:. I have done my best 2 save them by repotting them topping them up with fresh soil but no idea which plant is what :wallbash: as da labels fell out also. I know if the roots r damaged da plant will be 2 :wallbash:. My god, tis has really added 2 my frustration & annoyance :ranting:. It's as if da green goddess are saying "it's not 4 u, it's not ur year, maybe another time", we'll feck it & feck it again, wot an idot, wot a disaster, wot an episode I'm having in such early days :wallbash::!::thumbdown::no::crybaby:

dont stess to much . if they live they got plenty of time to recover from the shock . seems ruff now few weeks it be water of a ducks back . theres lots worst can happen like the poxy deer dont worry push on thru . 

be lucky :skin_up:

• Like 4

@Irishgirl don't worry,aslong as you got them potted back up you'll probably be fine.

I crushed 3 of my Sweet Seeds comp kush's under my wheelchair wheel but threw them in some compost in the corner of my tent anyway and two weeks later up popped Kala the Killer Kush that's fighting hard now with lots of buds and most people would have chucked them straight out.

They are very tough plants that have been here alot longer than us feeble humans.

I'f your bored have a read of this - http://www.internationalhempassociation.org/jiha/jiha5208.html

This article is pretty cool to -

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2016/10/10/13231772/ancient-pot-marijuana-cannabis-archaeology-tomb-china

You'll  be rolling in it come crop time,take care.

• Like 4

dont feel downhearted girl .... flippin heck  your plot looke fantastic and certainly puts mine to shame ...

i had the same thing ... put in 5 northern lights .... only 2 germinated .....  and ended up with just 3 special kush which are allready out ... chin up and take care of the ones you have left .... all is certainly NOT  lost ... im a GG virgin too ... my first time and i have no idea what im doing ... or if im doig it right....... the way i look at it   is that better to have a few  survive and grow ,  than none at all :mellow:

• Like 2

Aw @Irishgirl .. it never rains but it pours mate ... I feel so bad for you ... but you've got to put these bad things behind you and learn from them .. all is not lost .. you've still got them haven't you? ... and even if the roots have been damaged they should be ok .. some peeps actually trim roots back when keeping a Mother or perhaps doing a Bonsai .. you've worked very hard so far Irishgirl so keep going won't you? .. just have to grit your teeth and push on .. all these things are sent to try us ... but don't let these things put you off ... I'm sending good vibes to you Hun ... be lucky now ... 

• Like 1

Really impressed with all the hard work put in so far and gutted about the seed drama.

I would consider keeping a mother and going down the clone route.

I like the idea but too many fuck factors outside for my liking.....Keep the faith :)

• Like 2

Hi guys/gals, thought it was time for a bit of an update :yep:. Firstly,  let me say thanks to all who have popped in 2 my garden diary with likes, comments, support & positive vibes, much appreciated :yep:.

I also must apologize for ranting & raving, like a child that didn't get all da sweets/candy lollol but as some of ye have said & pointed out, it's da name of da game, u win some, u loose some :smug:. Tbh, it's my first real GG & I counted my chickens b4 they hatched, took it 4 grated really :wanker:. I'm learning da hard way lol .

All in all I have been having a bad time, experiences of germinating, sprouting, popping & staying alive with all seeds in general :wallbash: & I have not responded or reacted very well to this. This is something I guess I will have to get use 2 :rolleyes:. To top it all up after getting my head around this I had 15 seedlings in pots on hallway window cill after watering them last nite to find my cat jumped in the window, even tho I left da door open 4 her to come in & out but she still decided 2 come in via da window to knock da whole tray of seedlings over with the hallway full of soil everywhere & labels all over da place. Seeds had started to pop up, breaking from their shells etc.... with my serious 6 among them :ranting:. I was not happy, wot cud I do but scope da soil back into the pots & pray 2 da goddess for some return. I was unable 2 find, c da seeds so have no idea wot is r isn't in each pot, aah well that's the way it is I guess :thumbdown:. Anyway, this is my RGS diary so I will stick to that, even tho I have a few remaining RGS in this lot also :yep:.

Anyways, less of my rant & more of the positive stuff & just focus on what I have..... & not my losses or negatives :yep:. Onwards & upwards as da show must go on. It's been a learning curve so far :yep:. Everyone's support has been amazing & much much appreciated :yep:. I am not & won't give up so moving forward let's start again with a positive outlook & hope 4 da best :yep:.

• Like 12

OK here are a few pictures of the babies 2 date :yep:. I have 4x DFG 's & 3 Mighty Gold so not all has been lost :yep:.

Here u go.......

Group foto b4 bring them outside for some sun lol .

large.20170511_073033-600x1067.jpg

Top group foto :yep:.

large.20170511_073305-1067x600.jpg

Another group foto's b4 they take 2 da sun at 7am :yep:.

large.20170511_073248-1067x600.jpg

OK,  as I said I'm not given up so I'm off to look for plots etc as I put some seeds to soak :yep:. Have a gud day folk, stay safe, happy plant out & successful grows :yep:.

• Like 17

11 minutes ago, mark1959 said:

Really impressed with all the hard work put in so far and gutted about the seed drama.

I would consider keeping a mother and going down the clone route.

I like the idea but too many fuck factors outside for my liking.....Keep the faith :)

Thanks Mark 4 stopping by. I'm very new to this game so as far as mother's, cloning etc.... I wud't have a clue. I need 2 learn about the plant & growing first b4 I cud even consider this but I must admit I love da idea of it :yep:

• Like 2

@Lea Valley, thanks 4 popping by & ur great advice :yep:. I will take tat on board, nice one :yep:. Tbh, I must have quickly read it da other day but didn't take heed till I read it again just now, must have been my rage of seeds & cat lol . I really appreciate your support & comments man so make sure u hang out in here :yep:.

• Like 5

those survivors are looking nice :)  And I've killed more plants and seeds than anyone this season, as long as some of them make it through its all good :)

Your plots look awesome and you look like you've been on some proper hard work!!!  It will surely pay off at the end of the season :)

• Like 3