Àdh Mòr Pota = Pot luck RGSC

Irishgirl

OK,  I thought I wud give an update to say what I have been doing since seeds went into soak. I have been busy with lots of things for preparing for this season. Busy prep'ing 2x other plots which I won't be mentioning about here as I'm keeping this diary strictly 4 RGSC :yep:. I can tell u tho I have been busy with other stuff for this diary so here goes, an insight to what I have been doing :yes:.

Firstly, let me apologise for not taken pictures of seeds germinating in da paper towel method, as I completely 4got  :wallbash::wallbash:. Not all seeds popped :wallbash:, 2x of mighty gold & 2x of DFG did but cud see da others about to crack r was that wishful thinking on my behave lollol .

I have prepared temporary beds for the babies 2 start the lives in. The Mighty Gold & DFG will be going in here whilst allowing 4x Early Skunk to share their tray lol lol, as sharing is caring lol . Each seed having a bed/pot of their own of course lollol .

I mixed organic compost & perlite together, filled da pots with this & watered them with rain water to settle for a few hours before popping seeds to their first little temporary new home :yep:.

large.20170425_094130-800x450.jpg

I then decided 2 label all pots with their names on it :yep: before popping seeds in2 the pots :yep:. I then made a choice to put all seeds in & hope the ones that didn't sprout wud do so inside the pots so off I popped them, right in here lol. 

large.20170425_102055-800x450.jpg

I then created an environment for them. I had an old wardrobe (ward) in a shed so I fixed da hanging bar inside this & hung a gro power led light off it to create some light. Look :eek: ya I know the angle isn't great but I had no choice :wallbash:.large.20170425_102646-450x800.jpg

Mayb a better angle, so from another view this is their temporary home in da ward sharing with 4x Early Skunk's lol .

large.20170425_102702-800x450.jpg

• Like 11

After putting them on the ward I decided it was too cold for them, 11c ppppeeeerrrr :!: so I bought a 2ft tube heater with thermostat which was 2 big in length 4 da ward so I put it in at an angle. My thoughts, intentions of doing this instead of vertical r horizontal besides it wud't fit length ways so I thought it wud b better heat circulation 4 da babies :yep:. Heat is now around da 18c/20c. Here is a pic with tubed heater 2 da back of ward........large.20170428_171556-800x450.jpg

• Like 11

@Irishgirl well done for getting as far as you have but with all of that hard work you've done already I'm sure you'll get a good crop this year.

I can barely walk but still managed to convince myself that if I planned it I may be able to grow out as I want to so much,I was just being stupid though.

I'd love to do it really but I'll watch your grow and enjoy it as if I'm there.

Keep up the good work and try not to worry to much just stick to your plan and you'll be rewarded handsomely.

Good luck and good growing.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 5

I checked on them & here we have the first sign of life, 1x DFG & 1x Mighty Gold :yahoo:. Fingers crossed 4 da others to pop up :v:. Just 2 share my excitement & some life with ye so here u go....... yes I know some of u r saying "it's only 1 of each" but I'm excited about it :toldya:.

First life of DFG :yahoo:.

large.20170428_171646-450x800.jpg

First life of Mighty Gold :yahoo:.

large.20170428_171622-450x800.jpg

It's a beginning, it's a start, it's popped, it's alive :yahoo:.

Edited by Irishgirl
  • Like 15

I have also continued to do prep for the Pot Luck Plot RGSC such as cages as my blisters heal on my hand after all the digging, lugging & sweats lol. So here is a few pictures that will bring up up to date at where I'm at with things :yep:

Aah my poor hand lol its healing nicely. I was unable 2 take pictures of my other 2x blisters on my other hand as I cud'nt mange it lollol . @Flintstone no rude comments on da bare hands plz pmsl lollollol .

large.20170429_152735-800x450.jpg

Anyways, back to protection of cages. I made some of these up over da last few days & I am hesitating wheather to wrap cling film, plastics around each cage for insulation as forming a mini greenhouse? I don't want to suffocate them either but could always put pin holes on da sides? Anyway I don't have to make a decision today as I know the right idea will come 2 me in time.

large.20170429_092333-800x450.jpglarge.20170429_092510-450x800.jpg

Well folks, that's it for another while so until there is another update with me keep safe & happy growing :yep:.

• Like 15

Looking real good in here Irish girl loverly start to a diary keep up the good work as said you will be rewarded with bud come sept-oct.. :yep: 

• Like 4

Jeee @Irishgirl , You must have been doing loads of forking down the plots to get blisters like that! Always wear a glove or you'll have problems on your hands :rofl:

As for cling film around cages, there's a current diary I'm following with some on and some critisism! I'll have a nose and report back with the name of the thread!

Edited by Flintstone
You've already seen it.... Razza's Diary
  • Like 1

Looking good here @Irishgirl get used to the blisters i reckon you will be getting some from the scissors come harvest time. 

Gotta say im a little unsure about the clingfilm idea myself, cant really see it doing anything at all, its certainly not going to increase temps much with a big open hole in the top, however I would be happy to be proven wrong lol

Im at lat53 too and I have put 2 week old seedlings out in mid april before, had hailstones and everything and they were fine. Toughens em up! Best of luck :lucky:

• Like 2

Great read so far mate..im sure your gonna smash it...hope the sun shines for you this summer,Good luck.

• Like 1

You go girl!

You don't fuck about...ill give you that...

Enjoying diary....

Wishing you the Indian summer of a lifetime:alien:

• Like 3

Wonderful diary Irishgirl thanks for sharing  and great pics. I love the plot and stream, magical.

Great to see the new product from @panik  complete with sub forum !! Very cool

I'm interested to see how you make your tea feeds and stuff. Need to lose my tomorite habit !

Wishin you all best of luck this season

it looks like you re doin really well with all  the prep. The work you have put in should be rewarded many times over !!!:skin_up:

Well it's been a week since soak & potting in2 their first homes of soil. I'm full of disappointment as well as feeling disheartened :no:. I have only 5 seeds to date that have popped through da soil 3x DFG & 2x Mighty Gold. I really don't know what's happened as they were all treated da same. Not all seeds had sprouted  but I decided 2 put them in2 da wet damp soil hoping they wud pop up :wallbash:. 2 did pop up with seed on them but 4 some reason the tip fell off them?? I could Nealy cry at this stage :nope:. I decided 2 bring them all into da house leaving them on window cill 4 heat & light 4 da last 2 days but nothing happened. I now have decided to leave da ones that have popped up on window cill & return da others to da wardrobe where they can get 24hrs of light & heat. I am now at da stage of wishing, hoping & thinking b4 I break down & cry r loose my mind :ranting:. I'm just feeling sssoòoo annoyed & frustrated with myself now :wallbash:. Here r a couple of pictures on window cill & some of the others that havent come thro back in da wardrobe :wallbash:.

Altogether on window Cill 

large.20170503_190838_001-800x450.jpg

3x DFG & 2x Mighty Gold sharing with one other Early Skunk on window Cill. 

large.20170504_130613-800x450.jpg

The remaining DFG & Mighty Gold sharing with 2x Early Skunk in ward. I'm hoping with 24hrs light & heat it may encourage seeds to pop. I left the 2 seeds that only have stem but no leaf tops in here as well as I don't know if anything will become of them or any of them 4 tat matter :wallbash:.

large.20170504_123147-800x450.jpg

Hope 2 have better news next time b4 I throw my shovel away.

• Like 6

Don't get disheartened hun. We all mess up time to time and nature can be a fickle beast at the best of times.

I messed up this week too.  Left the lid on the propagator too long. Damaged the first sets of leaves with excess humidity.

And on top of that I managed to pop two seeds in the same frigging pot without realising. And I'm loathe to separate them as guaranteed I'll kill one or both.

Probably just put the pair in a big pot and train them away from each other now.. hope the roots don't strangle each other..

Anyways the trials n tribulations of a growers life eh, don't let it get u down!

• Like 6