Vertical Scrog of Sog Black Jack, Cream 47, S.A.D Sweet seeds comp entry

zztopbudz

34 minutes ago, botanics said:

@zztopbudz

Great little grow den man, man after my own heart, toking and chilling with the girls swaying in the breeze, I spend hours and hours doing so sometimes lol

Excellent growth too with this setup and noticing the thickness on those main stems, do you find those grow thicker with this vertical method of growing bud ?

Hello Mate , I think when a man reaches a certain age he needs somewhere of his own , not the wife or the kids place, just his place of chillage . could be the vert set up has some influence but I think its the coco . I grew DWC and coco gives the same sort of ridiculous growth you get from bubbling but without all the pissballing about with ec levels , air stones , vibration , filling reses, heaters , and the likes.

I think no matter how you grow it , if its in coco its gonna grow extremely well . Its also quite hard to fuck it up.

zz

• Like 2

@zztopbudz

Thanks for the answer mate, yeah I was thinking it was maybe perhaps because of more exposure to a direct light source being vertical as I noticed much thicker stems when I extreme LST'd and allowed direct light fall on the stems, but you say the coco, all interesting stuff never the less, nice one man :yinyang:

e2a

Oh and good luck with learning the guitar too bud, it's not for the faint hearted but perseverence gets you there and the three p's really do count, (practice, practice and practice some more), if you're stuck for tips etc gimme a nod man and I'll help if I can, been playing guitar for over 25 years so picked up some stuff like :v:

Edited by botanics
  • Like 3

For anyone thinking, why vertical?

Why not just grow normally ?

Well its about space really and my lack of it and wanting to use it best.

This pic was a major reason why I decided to investigate vertical growing.

large_vert.gif

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, mrtibbs said:

Plus......Its sooo much easier to keep temps down.

You aint joking my friend.

Heat rises , up and out. It works so well in fact it has been difficult maintaining temps in the depths of winter.

Rads I think lose their effectiveness as their heat is just sucked up and out lol.

I had to run with leccy blankets in the end , keeping the roots warm .

But the vert rocks in the summer.

zz

• Like 1

Guest mrtibbs

Really wish i had the testicular fortitude to up a pic so you could see my setup. 4 plants around a Large cylinder (1.2m diameter) with a 1000w in the middle in  1.5m tent.

Anyway back to you, as its your thread....

How long do you reckon until you flip them?

@zztopbudz very interesting diary so far mate and looking forward to watching them develop over the coming weeks now that you have flipped them, tempted to setup something similar in my height challenged loft. :)

ATB with them and I will be watching with interest :oldtoker:

• Like 3

21 hours ago, bobnudd said:

Nice diary zz, fill that chicken wire! 

You know that Bob lol.

Fill it i bloody will

zz

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mrtibbs said:

Really wish i had the testicular fortitude to up a pic so you could see my setup. 4 plants around a Large cylinder (1.2m diameter) with a 1000w in the middle in  1.5m tent.

Anyway back to you, as its your thread....

How long do you reckon until you flip them?

Yeh man love to see it, Pm me the pic if you want. Ive been scheming and thinking about dropping a 1000 watter in one of my rooms right through winter. I reckon my set up could take it , the heat that is.

Oh and they is flipped as of Sunday just gone , couple of days of 12/12 is all. 10 weeks to go .

zz

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fragg said:

@zztopbudz very interesting diary so far mate and looking forward to watching them develop over the coming weeks now that you have flipped them, tempted to setup something similar in my height challenged loft. :)

ATB with them and I will be watching with interest :oldtoker:

Cheers Fragg

I grew in a height challenged loft for years mate .

See pic below , but you get the gist, could never stand up , kneeling was about it . About 4 foot max

If I knew what I know now I would have been vertical years ago in my loft and I woulda smoked and grown a load more weed over the years lol 

Pic from 2006 , the second design and build of my grow rooms in a shitty low loft.

You have to use what best suits your individual situation , I think loft growing and vertical would go hand in hand.

post-16058-1159270760_thumb.jpg

zz

• Like 4

@zztopbudz yep 4ft max is all I have too mate so yeah lots of crawling around lol

Been having some luck, with just LST and some side lighting from a T5 hung vertically, in keeping them low but it sounds like I will pick up a thing or two from your good self :)

ATB mate and will be following along with notebook in hand :oldtoker:

• Like 4

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 7:30 PM, Fragg said:

@zztopbudz yep 4ft max is all I have too mate so yeah lots of crawling around lol

Been having some luck, with just LST and some side lighting from a T5 hung vertically, in keeping them low but it sounds like I will pick up a thing or two from your good self :)

ATB mate and will be following along with notebook in hand :oldtoker:

Alright Fragg mate check out my sig link if you wanna follow my vertical adventures from the start .

loads of vertical info , also if you keep in mind I'm used to a 4 ft loft like yourself so I wanted to use that space in the best possible way.

zz

• Like 2

Alright people of green goodness.

I'm late again for my weekly update cos I was a bit busy on Sunday after ive sorted the plants in the morning. Digging about 20 fence posts in all day and not having the proper tools either. My hands were ripped to pieces and I was absolutely dog fucked sunday , went to kip about 10pm .

I was still tired yesterday and fell asleep in the chair after only half a bifter.

So here it is the update 12/12 has been going for 7 days

large.20170319_100352.jpglarge.20170319_100349.jpglarge.20170319_100303.jpg

Now you may say

Hold up ZZ me old son. There don't seem to be much growth there. They look about the same.

Below was a week ago

large.20170312_091721.jpg

Well I did a silly thing and took the pics after I had used the last half hour of lights on time to get any new growth onto the screen . I also did a slight defoil and took of about 3 or 4 of the largest fan leaves from each plant.  Also I have taken off any of the lower stuff , except the sad on the left because I wanted to clone a few of the lower stuff and that's why its still there.

They have obviously grown and gained some height , but I think as they are so young this week of 12/12 hasn't really hit them yet .

There has been no rapid stretching , which I might see a bit more of the coming second week.

I am seeing lots of Indica traits however and they may just not stretch very much .

I'm still confident they will all finish a decent size

Edited by zztopbudz
  • Like 4