Vertical Scrog of Sog Black Jack, Cream 47, S.A.D Sweet seeds comp entry

zztopbudz

Right lets kick off .

First thanks to Sweet Seeds , amazing guys Tommy and Jaypp. Generous much ? I think so .

Really happy to be growing some sweet seeds strains at last and I think I picked 3 special strains. Sadly I didn't see this competition till a few weeks ago and decided to go for it even though the time frame is now , quite limited.  It works out I have to germ them and give them 4 weeks veg and flower them . Just a month of good vegging and I have to flip them no matter what. I estimate they will be small plants but they will finish before the competition end . Its gonna have to all be done quickly and perfectly with absolutely no mistakes as I have no time to be recovering plants from ill health. 

As it happened I had just finished building room 2 of my grow rooms.

They are designed for vertical growing , I'm in an external unheated garage that ive insulated and built these 2 cube like rooms 1.2 m tall .

Vertical Growing means , the plants grow around the bulb as oppose to under it like traditional growing.

Fresh air is pulled from outside via these inlets and there is a rad inside as well.

large.20161018_143931.jpg

large.20161227_151725.jpg

Each room is filtered by an 8 inch fan and Rhino filter, both fans are dialled down to about half speed.

large.20170110_114120.jpg

The general idea was a little bit of stealth so it wasn't obvious what I was doing in there . The top of the rooms is now my work surface /bench full of blokey stuff. But opened up you see the 2 rooms, one flowering one vegging .

large.20170210_110814.jpg

You see I have a kettle and also the garage has 2 4inch fan and filters extracting right out of the garage .

Effectively I can have a spliff in there.

large.20170210_110759.jpg

This is how she looks with the doors shut.

There is the other carbon filter.

Just in front of that is very importantly my armchair.

large.20170114_153258.jpg

Here it is , and you see how lovely it is to sit and feel the warmth of the bulb on my face and look at the plants and have a vape.

Bloody lovely.

large.20170210_100236.jpg

I also am gonna teach myself to play the guitar man . Ive been saying it for years but now I have a place to do it .

Oh and that's one of them light up pictures , generally things that the mrs has either slung out of the house, or wont let me bring in . It ends up here in my man cave.

large.20170210_100246.jpg

This is Room 2 , the view from my armchair. I have three plants in there already . These rooms were designed for 6 plants so the sweet seeds will have the other half of my brand new grow room.

large.20170210_100256.jpg

large.20170210_100321.jpg

This is how I do it and I use the screen to train the plants to, just like a scrog, but vertically.

large.20170210_100502.jpg

Ideally I would be flowering these about now , but I'm gonna veg them for as long as I can with the new ones till I'm forced to flip the lot, around the 11th of March I believe.

large.20170210_100334.jpg

These are the screens that I'm gonna scrog my sweet seeds loveliness to. I'm gonna open them up and expose every part to light.

Which is a 400w hps , and a 250w Mh for veg.

large.20170204_162526.jpg

• Like 11

My choices were as follows

Black Jack  Cream 47   S.A.D.

large.20170207_185235.jpg

Straight into some water , where I normally leave them for 48 hours. Normally the seed has split and maybe a taproot pokes out.

large.20170207_190218.jpglarge.20170207_190313.jpglarge.20170207_190325.jpglarge.20170207_190357.jpg

A few days later , they had shown movement.

large.20170212_110527.jpg

I carefully located my sweet seeds sticker so it gets in most of the pics. Bit more space there if you have any more stickers my friends at sweet seeds lol.

large.20170212_110531.jpg

They are plonked right next to a 250w Metal halide , not far only a few inches .

large.20170212_111344.jpg

I zipped in there the next day to confirm life and the leaves were up, we have green . That is always

large.20170214_181932.jpg 

You may notice I am going with 2 seeds in a pot. This is because I expect the veg time to be insufficient most probably and therefore, in the spirit of sog , ive doubled the plant numbers in an attempt to recoup yield .

large.20170214_181940.jpg

These seeds are going to be expose to a sideways light source there whole lives and they do look and grow a bit strange.

But you see the 250 , nice and close because in a vert grow the heat goes up and out .

large.20170214_182429.jpglarge.20170214_182434.jpg

Just as I switched back on the bulb. Currently running 24/7 250w MH

large.20170214_182623.jpg

Edited by zztopbudz
  • Like 8

This is going to be some intensive growing to make anything of these plants in the time I have. I'm going to try and maximise everything for them and see if I can show you how rapid the growth can be in drip fed coco in vertical grow room.

Lets hope I can do the strains justice .

Good luck to everyone

Sweet grows

zz

• Like 4

Good luck ZZ. Like your groom mate. You've done a great job of stealthing that lot away. Fair play to your missus mind...she's got good taste if that picture is anything to go by.... lol 

lets them grow...up! 

its a great idea but oh my achin back just looking at crawling down there to tie em in ..best of luck for a cube of bud though

• Like 3

20 hours ago, bobnudd said:

Good luck ZZ. Like your groom mate. You've done a great job of stealthing that lot away. Fair play to your missus mind...she's got good taste if that picture is anything to go by.... lol 

lets them grow...up! 

Cheers Bob , lol yeh  that was something that called to me at a boot sale, plus I knew it would wind her up.

I took the broken insides out and put 4 energy savers in it , now its a good reading light.

4 hours ago, Breezus said:

Nice set up, good luck mate :oldtoker:

Breezus 

Cheers Mate

4 hours ago, WhySoSerious said:

Can't wait to see the diary progress mate 

I will update this on a Sunday. Love sunday morning radio 2 and plant tending . Take some pics and upload them in the evening.

4 hours ago, Elvis Reg said:

this one should move forward quickly. Looking good to begin with. Promising start. All the best with the rest. :yep:

Cheers Elvis , you are right this is gonna be a flyer. A teenage bonk in growing terms, over quickly but very memorable lol

4 hours ago, Arthur Mix said:

Like the set up , vertical and a small space, good luck i am sure you do well...:oldtoker:

Cheers Arthur mate, after years and years of loft growing its just starting to feel like home lol.

3 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

its a great idea but oh my achin back just looking at crawling down there to tie em in ..best of luck for a cube of bud though

Alright Vince, nah it aint that bad mate , not bloody ideal either but for a shitty old garage it suits my needs. Once one of my kids fly the nest I will have a tent big enough to walk amongst the plants. My dream is to be able to stand up in a grow room. My loft was only about 4 foot tall so I'm used to crawling around , that's probably partly to blame for why my knees are a bit dodgy now lol.

• Like 5

been loaded with a cold or I would have been in sooner mate. I love your man-cave, looks like your handy :) I hope you can pull this one off ok, if not you can let us see the other side ;) looks like a cracking wee set up you made for yourself. nicely done man

• Like 2