Hola Granjeros Sweet Seeds Auto Fantasico

@bobnuddPlants looking lovely nice purple on that dark devil. Those fries chilies sound awesome :)  I'm hoping for a bumper harvest in chilies this year last year I planted too late.

Edited by ska
  • Like 2

Looking at them stems raises an eyebrow!, hmmm to the use of steroids here lol

The SS beans don't half throw out sturdy plants.

Budding up nicely Bob.

ATB

Peace:hippy:

@Fragg @Tenchie @ska@Openairbud @mygreenmojo cheers guys thanks for looking in and the comments , really happy will the dark devil. If shes smokes as well as shes grown I'll be right happy :) . 

So coming up to day 49 from popping their heads above the ground. Pretty much on new years day. The Dark Devil is just a brilliant example of top genetics in terms of vigour and growth. Might have pushed her a bit but shes that vigorous I think she can take it. Lovely fruity berry smell coming off her at the moment.

The Cream Mandarines are starting to swell a bit.  They are way behind the DD though. The bottled girl, shes not got much worse, but never recovered in terms of looking healthy, shes growing though, but must have another 4 weeks in her.The Devil's coming down way before that. Drying headaches :g:

Anyway, this weeks the girls had a Neem and Kelp tea. Just brewed few tsps of each in about 5litres for about 24hrs. Also gave this to the bottle girl.  Other than that just plain water.

No dramas. 

First up the Dark Devil Auto. The first pic is 1 day older than the second. You can see how quick shes changing...

large.8.jpglarge.5.jpglarge.3.jpglarge.1.jpglarge.2.jpg

large.4.jpglarge_4a.jpg

And not to be forgotten a couple of the CM's, shes nowhere near as pretty. Apologies for the lack of pictures, most were blured. I think got to close to the Devils and got filth over the lens!

large_c1.jpglarge.6.jpg

And finally all together in their hut.

Till next time, sweet grows... 

large.7.jpg

Edited by bobnudd

Nice work Bob some awesome growing there.

I have Devils to and mine have been a bit patchy along the way but yours a great mate.

Keep it green bud.

• Like 2

Looking absolutely lovely, I really do wish I had your skills with the feeding, you've got me thinking about what I could try to incorporate into my schedule - Id never even heard of neem oil before but I think I should get some! 

• Like 1

No skills here @Kiminal, just mix up your soil add water and away you go. The other bits are just top ups, and help the whole thing kick off / up. Seriously this is the absolute easiest way to plant a seed and grow lovely tasty medicine with the minimum of hassle and stress.

No wet dry cycle, no mixing nutes , no how much bloom / grow this week, no flushing (flush what?), adding this booster, that booster and most of all saving money to boot. After the initial outlay you’ll be looking at your left over bottles wondering why on earth you paid £15 for a bit of water with dubious ingredients added when you’re making the goodness right there in your pots, garden and bucket.

It’s a fascinating subject too. I mean look at plant senescence, traditional growing manter says stop feeding your plants in the last few weeks. Let them use up the stored nutrients, let them fade by doing so. So is that a man made thing or natural process. Well in nature it’s natural. Autumn leaves and all that. Indoors, I know that when I harvest a plant, my soil still has enough N in it, as I can plant right back into it and grow without issue. I haven’t added any nutes this grow other than some teas. But, and here’s the thing, that plant I just harvested has started to fade on its own, with natural conditions.

It’s got enough food in there to keep growing right, so why has it faded by itself. Well I’m not sure about that, but I do know that the plant can make that decision much better than me thinking right I’m cutting right back on grow now, or I’m giving it plain water for the next 2 weeks to get rid of the shit I’ve been loading it up with for the last 4mths. So true organic growing, the plant is deciding via its roots what it wants to take up from the soil. How much less stressful must that be for the plant. One thing anyone who’s smoked proper organic is that the flavour profile is so much fuller typically. Really tasty beautiful weed. I’ve got a couple of mates who grow and they all say the organic flavours and taste from the same strains are noticeably better. Fuckers always go to my jars lol

It’s a path well-trodden and there’s loads of resources. Almost too much, but a step into the unknown is a step taken with trepidation sometimes. If you decide to go down this route (and I really hope you do give it a whirl), the 3 things I’d suggest as a must are Neem Meal (powder not oil) , Kelp Meal and a Worm Bin.  First two will cost you about £10 each and last approx. 20yrs! Worm bin is free and start it now, you’ll have some castings by summer.  And you don’t need to be growing notill to benefit.

I throw some Charge in my mix as well (provides Chitin - ….”Most recent studies point out that chitin is a good inducer of defence mechanisms in plants”.)  and some other add ins such as gypsum (sulphur and calcium) . Again though one bag of any of the above is going last you years if not a lifetime at our scale.

So when people say , ahh man No till, No way what about the bugs and pests you are introducing?... my experience is that I haven’t had any bug / disease issues unless you count a few gnats right. In fact if you look at adding in Chitin and Neem then we must be adding more protection into our grows, which I think is reflected in the general health of the plants and lack of disease that you see. I’ve never grown healthier plants. On the downside, yield is not what you’d get with other methods. But I yield enough off my plant numbers. Quality over Quantity for me.

Neem and Kelp together provide pretty much everything you need. Kelp provides over 60 trace elements & minerals. Neem is a great source of general fertiliser once broken down and gives a solid base fert as well as a host of other benefits when added to your soil or brewed in teas including - The below is for Neem Meal, but you’ve also seen talk of Neem Oil, which is used as a preventive or treatment / protection for various ailments such as powdery mildew, aphids etc and sprayed onto the leaves rather than in the soil

Neem extracts are known to act on various insects in the following ways (from NEEM A Tree For Solving Global Problems  )

Disrupting or inhibiting the development of eggs, larvae, or pupae;

Blocking the molting of larvae or nymphs;

Disrupting mating and sexual communication;

Repelling larvae and adults;

Deterring females from laying eggs;

Sterilizing adults;

Poisoning larvae and adults;

Deterring feeding;

Blocking the ability to "swallow" (that is, reducing the motility of the gut);

Sending metamorphosis awry at various stages; and

Inhibiting the formation of chitin - Chitin is the material comprising the insect's exoskeleton.

However…. although this may be a bonus for you Kim…  “Other neem compounds show early promise as the long-sought oral birth-control pill for men. This is just an intriguing hint at present; however, in exploratory trials they reduced fertility in male monkeys and a variety of other male mammals without inhibiting sperm production” - so maybe slip so in the fellas tea lol

Anyway, as you see it’s a pretty passionate subject. Where did the last hour go lol .  If you decide you fancy a go, happy to point you are some good resources.  That said, you seem to be doing fine as you are, and there’s most definitely more than one way to skin a cat in this game as we all show on here. I’ve only got to look at some of the diaries on here to see the great results lots of people get with bottles etc.  :yep:

ATB

Bob.