Hola Granjeros Sweet Seeds Auto Fantasico

Superbowl night...!

So day 35ish, I've got one thats flying, one that's stalled a bit so re-potted, and the plant in the jacks is OK but showing bit of hunger....

Dark devil left, Cream Mandarine 1 front right, Cream Mandarin 2 back right.

large.group2.jpglarge.5897a89ed60a9_groups2.jpg

The Girls in the organic soil have had a compost tea, and a bit of fresh EWC. Also threw some chopped up comfrey pellets  & plucked leaves under the mulch. All plants got a foliar feed yesterday of Kelp Tea, FulPower, Aloe and some homemade Calphos.

Start with the bad...CM1, she looks healthy enough, but not grown for last few days. Not looking happy in her pot on the SIP and i think shes struggling as the pots so small. Those little cloth pots are only 3.75L. Thought i'd see how she'd get on and i've got the answer.. Repotted her to a 7L pot yesterday. Looking perkier today, so hopefully see her not get any worse. Shes the same age as the DD, but look at the difference...shes ways behind.

large_cm1b.jpg

large_cm1a.jpg

large_cm1.jpg

CM2

This lady was in Clover (not jacks wrong bag), in a 7l and 30 days. She looks hungry to me, and developed some spots on her fan leaves last couple of days. I've resorted to giving her 1ml, then 2ml of fishmix over last 2 watering and hopefully that will sort her out or at least not get worse yet.  The Calphos might help. Other than  that shes growing and drinking well. Be a good to compare the end bud with the CM1.

large_cm2.jpglarge_cm2a.jpg

Dark Devil

Better news on this lady. Shes a diamond and loving life. Her 2 main side stems are almost as thick as the main...bit of frost starting to form :)

large_DD1.jpglarge.5897a8979add6_ddall.jpg

Take it easy all, have a sweet week...  :smoke:

i reckon yours will be one of the nicest tasting out of the whole contest ...ill leave an address for you to send samples to later

• Like 5

Good news, we have a dark dark devil in the drobe :notworthy: Had them out for a brew tonight and saw this lovely sight....  I saw @Kiminals lovely pics earlier and was a bit envious of the colours coming through!

The Cream Mandarine seems to be OK in her new pot, but the other one continues to frustrate. Maybe the slurp of tea she had earlier will be to her liking....

large_d1.jpglarge_d2.jpglarge_cc.jpg

Heres the pump i use for brewing. Its a bit over the top tbh and would brew a lot bigger volume. It was about £20 and it sounds like a mini pneumatic drill.  I sometimes just use a normal fish tank pump, £8 and it does the job for a small tea.

Anyway in here was a couple of handfuls or castings from the worm bin, couple of spoons of molasses and a bit of neem, kelp  and Charge. I have a tub that i made up when mixing my soil which is certain ratio of each. Then you just take a bit from there each time for teas, top dress etc and you've got the right ratio. 

large_CT.jpg

gallery_96695_13524_30414.jpg

Sweet Growing :)

Edited by bobnudd
mandarines...not caramels!

They look rather stunning! I can see some colour in yours now, we can compare shades along the way! Have you had a mad stretch? One of mines all over the place, and I know the clues in the name, but I'm.still amazed just how dark they (well my one of three) are. 

I feel a bit inadequate with my basic bottled nutes compared to your posh teas and wormy things. 

Mine are like dining on turkey twizzlers and chips while yours are getting their 5 a day! 

• Like 5

Sounds like a plan @Kiminal  Got a slightly sinister tinge to them...

turkey twizers lol nah...that would be hydro surely! Jamie Oliver would be up in arms! 

Mines not stretched like they crazy one you've got. She did push her two lower side branches right up though to give them 3 top colas. The steams are as thick on each of them so got high hopes for a good yield off her :)

Edited by bobnudd

Nice update @bobnudd and nice to see some colour appearing on your DD, don't think either of you two Dark Devil growers will be disappointed the colours will come and I'm betting produce the most gorgeous buds, looking forward to the shows! :)

One point though mate I did notice you saying that you used 2 tsp of Molasses, it seems overkill to me. I have read in the past that most people overdo the Molasses and having fed bugs dextrose and sucrose in the lab years ago I can confirm there is a sweet spot for the amount of sugar to feed them, indeed all nutes for bugs were carefully weighed out. 

I use 1 tsp and have thought perhaps that's too much in my 5l bucket, it's hard though as we are doing lab like stuff in a bucket and no plates to grow out the bugs and check populations. Just thought I'd try and save you some Molasses though :oldtoker:

• Like 3

Cheers Fragg. I tend to go by eye now, but without a microscope it's impossible to know really what is active in there.

I based the volumes originally on recipe from Microbeman who's done a load of research on tea brewing. His ratios work at approx

To 4l water add 7tbs of EWC, 6tsp molasses. 

Volume of water + 2.38%ewc & +0.50% molasses. 

Interesting what you say about your studies mate. I will have more of a read. I guess the temps that you are brewing make a big difference to the amount of food needed. But wouldn't having bit of extra carbs be better than too few if the population are increasing? 

Well yes and in the lab I ran continuous culture so the feed was continually pumped in and this is basically batch culture, brew up a batch and you're finished. I think the ratios above are totally OTT from my experience, I use less and my tea is full of microbes as you say you can see to some extent, the container is caked as are air stones any more and I'd call it a soup not a tea lol

I kinda grew up with all of this having an old man that was a Prof in microbiology and invented continuous culture hence I worked in his labs as a young man. So I've grown a number of bugs continually for months at time and so simply applying that knowledge to weed growing now :) Try the next batch with just 1 tsp and see if you can see more or less bacterial growth, not very scientific but the best we can do lol

• Like 5

Looking good mate. I love a good drobe grow :) I used to grow in a drobe, one of my old sweet seeds comp entries was in a stealth drobe. Lovely to see living soil. I'm so pleased to see more diaries with living soil. The notillrevolution is on lol :smokin: 

Edited by ska
  • Like 3

@Arthur Mix cheers m for looking in . Not as nice as what you've had on display mate :yep:  @Ska would love to have a big space, bit is what it is. Spain sounds a lot more accommodating, although sure the heat is a killer in the summer if indoors... Yeah mate, just making that first step and trusting the plant knows better what to do than me. Looking at that other mandarine thats obvious for me lol 

Hola Amigos, must be hitting about day 42, which has gone fast, but the Mandarines haven't kept up lol 

Things still looking healthy enough with the Organic girls. The CM has been keeping up on the fishmix and doesn't seem to have got much worse. Temps around 24-25 and 18-19 lights off. Having to heat the intake air to get that. Could do with a bit of Spanish weather!

Dark Devil

This girls still very happy with her lot. Theres a nice fruity smell coming off her, with a hashy undertone. Shes fattening up, and super sticky when rubbed. 

large_dd2.jpglarge_dd3.jpglarge_dd6.jpglarge_dd5.jpglarge_dd4.jpg

Cream Mandarins

God knows whats going on with the Cream Mandarins autos. If anyone's grown them before were they slow for you? If thats 42 days, then I could be in for a long weight at this rate. I think they said 10 weeks...but shes got to do some serious fattening up. To be fair, I was a bit concerned she was a runt from the off, so maybe she was always destined to be a little un. Small by super strong hopefully :yinyang: The one in the clover is about week behind, but also budding up slow. 

Getting a slight peppery smell off the organics plant. Reminds me a bit of the Blow Mind smell dried. Anyway, no complaints, just get a move on sweet heart.

large.cc1group.jpg 

large_cc4.jpglarge_cc3.jpg

And here they are all together.....

I was thinking about a top dress with some nute mix, this week, but looking at them, they look like they have enough life in them and enough spare to get them through to harvest,  especially with the comfry they had the other week. . So all i'm planning this week is a bit of malted barley powder top dress. Those other bits down there are some chillies, ready for the summer. Loving life under the LED, one of those trays is full of Bengal Nagas. Never grown them before butr supposed to be nuclear :pitchfork:

large_g1.jpg

Ahh yeah, and by chance the ones in the pots a Padron's Sweet boys if you read this far! Can't beat a plate of them fried and cold beer one a summers days! 

large.download.jpg

Edited by bobnudd