...:Welcome to my Candy Shop:...

AustrianToker

Tidy grow, all looking very happy with their environment.

Those ladies are going to reward you with a 100 nights of pleasure at least ! 

Hope you get the happy ending ! ;)

• Like 3

DAY 69 of flowering! :gossip:

All good things must come to an end.  Flowering is now over and all three Crystal Candy have been chopped down just a few hours ago. :sweaty:

The main colas are really heavy and expecting a nice load of bud from each plant.  Some of the side branches were also substantial, but CC 1&3 put most of their energy into the main cola.

Harvest was a delight, as there is good bud to leaf ratio. :yep:  And I managed to take the last pictures before chop with the lights out.

Crystal Candy 1

large.58cd9655aabff_DSC_0573(2).JPG

Crystal Candy 1 - really compact and sweet bubble gum type smell still present.

large.58cd9652ddfde_DSC_0572(2).JPG

Crystal Candy 2 - this one has 3 main colas and a few side branches

large.58cd965852ba0_DSC_0575(2).JPG

Crystal Candy 2 also has beautiful calyx stacking

large.58cd965aa20f4_DSC_0576(2).JPG

Crystal Candy 3 was a bit thirsty before chop. 

large.58cd965d6a73c_DSC_0578(2).JPG

Crystal Candy 3 she is well done by now. :)

large.58cd9660b4413_DSC_0579(2).JPG

What a joy they have been to grow.  Even with the colder temps, they still managed to perform compared to others (blues) which have not been too happy with cold temps and had nutrient problems .   Crystal Candy didn't seem fussy about nutrients either.  Phenotype variation also tolerable and all three seem to have similar yield.  To be honest i'm not really sure, which i prefer best yet, based on smell, yield and general growth. This can only be decided on the final criteria - smoke report.  I'm keeping a backup from all three for now. :)

Hope you enjoyed this flowering report! :oldtoker:

On 16/03/2017 at 6:46 PM, m99 said:

Bloody lovely! I really can't wait for my candys to get a move on! 

Thanks. :v: flowering the CC is a real joy - you will see ;)

On 16/03/2017 at 7:14 PM, Elvis Reg said:

was just thinking the same thing. A lovely looking and hopefully tasting experience is coming our way I'm hoping.

Elvis, tasting experience might be a good reason to visit Austria. :smoke: 

On 17/03/2017 at 7:29 PM, Arthur Mix said:

Lovely looking plants mate :oldtoker:

Thanks, Arthur. I'll be missing them for now in the tent, but i think one pheno might well make a return.

7 hours ago, vince noir rock n roll star said:

yep ..stunning .

Cheers, Vince!

6 hours ago, Breezus said:

:notworthy:

:) thanks

1 hour ago, Inspiration101 said:

Tidy grow, all looking very happy with their environment.

Those ladies are going to reward you with a 100 nights of pleasure at least ! 

Hope you get the happy ending ! ;)

lol   Btw, I'm germinating a Sweet Tai right now.  

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update before the smoke report in a few weeks.  The Crystal Candy buds have been drying for 11 days and are now being placed in jars - it will take a few weeks of curing until the smoke really develops.  Nevertheless, I've had a few testers already, but not from all three - initial smoke seems really promising.  I am really pleased on the general performance of this strain in terms of yield, variation and not being fussy about nutes. 
Infact, Crystal Candy #1 was my biggest yielder of all plants in the tent with 65g, then comes CC#2 with 62g and finally CC#3 which was still just above average with 55g!  :D   The smell they put out is really sweet and enjoyable.  A mix of exotic fruits, bubble gum, red berries and melon.  But i will go more into detail during the proper smoke report. :smoke:A little patience is required.

Funny, but as i started writing this update, the door bell went off.  Not sure if Santa is late this year or perhaps the easter bunny is making early rounds.  But yeah... All this arrived at my door today! :yahoo:

large.58db87792cffe_DSC_0399(2).JPG

So happy right now and can't express enough "Thank you's" to the entire Sweet Seeds team and uk420 of course.  It's been a privilege to participate in this comp and an honour to win the grower of the month! :notworthy:

Can't wait to put all this stuff into good use. 

On 18/03/2017 at 11:03 PM, DomTong said:

Cor they are properly finished to perfection and happy full smelly jars to you :yinyang:

Cheers, DomTong!  :v:  Jars are full and smelly alright. :) 

Edited by AustrianTokker
  • Like 11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 13/04/2017 at 4:00 PM, ska said:

congratulations mate, nice box of goodies :) 

Indeed @ska  Have been using the secret shaker, which is very praticle for making scuff hash, i can recommend :) 

On 29/03/2017 at 0:51 PM, InstaGROW said:

Brillant read threw and congrats on winning the comp some goodies in there :smokin:

Thanks @InstaGROW  :v:   Been sampling the Crystal candy last month and it is as tasty as it looks!

On 29/03/2017 at 1:01 PM, Fragg said:

@AustrianTokker nice looking Christmas hamper you have there mate packed with goodies!....very well deserved so enjoy :oldtoker:

@Fragg   you did well yourself and hope you enjoyed making your selection of goodies ;)

On 29/03/2017 at 1:13 PM, rabthegrower said:

nice one mate, congrats to you :) 

Thanks @rabthegrower

On 29/03/2017 at 4:08 PM, Sweet Seeds -Jaypp said:

That's a nice way to start your day mate!

Thank you and keep it sweet!

jaypp

@Sweet Seeds -Jayppcheers mate.  The past month has been really sweet as i've been sampling quite a lot of crystal candy  :smokin:

On 29/03/2017 at 8:20 PM, botanics said:

Yeah well deserved that box of treats there, outstanding show of buds and growing in here @AustrianTokker :v:

@botanics I was really honored to win the monthly grower award and been super high ever since ;) What more can you want!

On 30/03/2017 at 11:21 AM, DomTong said:

That is a nice box of tricks you have there!  And well deserved :oldtoker: 

@DomTong  Thanks!  It was a joy to grow this strain and to observe all other contestants have a go at sweet seeds strains - some really stunning diaries this year.

Strain review coming up in the next hour hopefully... :yahoo:

• Like 2

@AustrianTokker just wanted to pop in and wish you luck with the big prizes buddy.

I have to say the results of your grows have been impressive and the buds are immense but look like good smoke with it unlike some I've seen,top growing with a great diary,best of luck with the main prizes.

Take it easy man.

• Like 1

Crystal Candy has been a joy to grow is the least that can be said! :yep: 

Growth Report:

100% germination rate, which gave me 3 girls.  All three were vegged for 33 days with the usual pot-ups until final 7L pots.  Organic compost was used and organic nutrients - Biobizz Grow, Bloom and a dash of topmax every other watering.  The girls were not fussy about nutrients.
The 3 girls had slight pheno variation.  #1 being slightly more sativa looking and taller than the others.  #2 was more indica and also shorter.  While #3 was right in the middle.

Stretch wasn't too bad at all and the difference between the tallest and the shortest was only 20cm, which can be compensated by raising the shorter plants.  
Yield was very good from all three.  In fact, #1 (65g) was the best yielder in the tent and closely followed by the other Crystal Candy.  I had 14 plants in the tent (600w) and if all would have yielded as much as CC#1 - I'll let you do the math.  A shame not all the strains i had yielded as well as Crystal Candy.  :rolleyes:  

Smoke Report:

Crystal Candy #1
large.59201d2750834_DSC_0408(3).JPG

The Sat pheno was also the most resinous.  The smell from the grinded bud is sweet with hints of melon and berries.  

Smoke is very smooth and remains sweet when exhaled.  The high is also strong, but not overwhelming.  Very good balance between mental and body sensation.   

Crystal Candy #2

large.59201d2a21857_DSC_0411(3).JPG

This was the indica pheno.  Very berry type smell when grinded up.  I would say - Rasberry. I really enjoy this one from the flavour side.  But this pheno is also good for me at night time, as i find quite strong and a bit brain numbing.  Not that i enjoy it.  But not something you want to smoke before going grocery shoping or being really sociable.  I like to smoke it when i know I'll be sitting on the couch, watching a movie and basically switching off.  Also good bedtime smoke!

Crystal Candy #3

large.59201d2d1e172_DSC_0414(3).JPG

Also a very nice and smooth smoke, which has a sweet flavour.  The smell is much like red bubble gum.  

This pheno also has potent smoke.  Perhaps not as much of a couch lock #2 but puts you in a nice dreamy state. :)

General Review:

Crystal Candy has been easy to grow and has a good yield.   If you are looking for a strong ind/sat strain with sweet flavour.  Look no further!   This strain tics all the boxes in terms of quality, flavour and potency.  I have yet to decide which pheno to keep, but I'll be keeping one for sure.  Pheno variation is absolutely tolerable.  I had to sample quite a bit to notice the diffence in the high as all three were quite potent.  I'm running all 3 again and hope to make my decision after next run. :)  But i think i will keep #2   
Overall, I would give Crystal Candy an  9/10!   Best sweet seeds I've had so far!  Trully impressed.  Send my regards to the R&D department - they have made something really special.

Thanks again for organizing this great competition Sweet seeds crew (@Sweet Seeds -Jaypp@Sweet Seeds-tommy) and would also like to thank all the members which have been participating and commenting.:notworthy:

Big up to uk420! :yep:

2 hours ago, Badbadger said:

@AustrianTokker just wanted to pop in and wish you luck with the big prizes buddy.

I have to say the results of your grows have been impressive and the buds are immense but look like good smoke with it unlike some I've seen,top growing with a great diary,best of luck with the main prizes.

Take it easy man.

Thanks again @Badbadger This comp has been a real joy.  I have been a little quiet the last month, this usually hapens after i crop, but hope to catch up on some of the diaries over the weekend.   Good luck to you too! :v:

Edited by AustrianTokker
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, AustrianTokker said:

you did well yourself and hope you enjoyed making your selection of goodies ;)

I did indeed once you were out of the competition line up mate lol Browsing the Sweet Seeds shop was like being a kid in a sweetie shop, well at my age its as near as I'm gonna get these days ;)

Great smoke report too btw just had a read...I want some Crystal Candy too now I'm sold! :naughty:

ATB for the final competition mate :oldtoker:

• Like 2