Kiminals Sweet Seeds Competition Diary Part 1

assault and battery

OK, Here we go. Many Thanks to Sweet Seeds for the opportunity to take part, Im not looking to win any prizes (but am willing to accept them if everyone else drops out!) I am really chuffed I was given the seeds so I will do the best I can with my limited capabilities.

Ive started my dairy with the Cream Manderine XL Auto

I will be mainly using biobizz grow, if needed & Plant magic OT Bloom

Going medium will be Plant Magic Soil.

(Im not so tech savvy so this picture is displayed on its side!)

I put the seeds straight from the pack into Root IT cubes

that i pre-soaked in warm tap water

pinched a little sponge off the side and placed it lightly over the hole containing each seed.

Then all three girls went in to the Propagator under a T5 that I have in the corner of a tent.

As Ive read that these girls get tall (probably not the way i grow 'em) Ive decided to dedicate the whole grow cupboard for these ladies as i have over 2 meters height in there, and a floor space of .8m which can just about comfortably accommodate 3 big autos. I will post pics and details of the cupboard when and if the babies get that far.

The other 6 seeds will be popping shortly but they will be grown in a separate space so I will be starting a "Part 2" diary shortly (if thats even allowed, I will reread the rules)

Edited by Kiminal
  • Like 14

Cheers mate!

First in :D

Welcome to the competition :yep:

Nice one, you seem to have great plans for your diary :)

You can divide your diary in Part 1 and Part 2 in two different threads, but the title of each thread has to be the same except for "Part 1" and "Part 2" included in the end of the title.

All the best and sweet diaries!

tommy

• Like 5

nice lil start to the comp @@Kiminal looks like you have everything set for a great grow :)

just a heads up if your not aware kim, that with ot bloom you will need a cal/mg supplement, i use equilibrium its quit expensive for the amount (approx £18 for just under 500ml) but it is strong stuff iv not gone over 2ml so will last a while and its organic too :yep:

atb

coys :smokin:

• Like 1

@@coys

Thanks for the heads up! I've suffered a little on my last grow and ended up buying some pm cal mag, not sure it's organic though so I think I'll invest in the equilibrium as you stated.

I can't wait to see the seeds raise their heads out of the sponges, the waiting is the hardest part...

• Like 1

@@HEMPFRUIT

Thank you, the seedling stage is nerve wracking! i used to have a lovely little set up for clones/seedlings and took it for granted how well it worked, since using my bodged up corner of the tent set up I've had a few shaky starts so I'm watching these like a hawk.

Temp in the propagator is a steady 31 above the sponges and humidity is 77

I'm wondering if it's a bit too warm & wet.

• Like 1

Wouldn't worry about the humidity but 31s a bit warm ..is that the temps in direct light?

Try shading what ever you've Got to read the temps and see what temps it gives you then, if you havnt already? :)

Edited by HEMPFRUIT
  • Like 2

That is the temp directly under the light, I've raised the light a couple of inches. I'm such a panicker.

I'll have a peep in an hour or so and see if it's a bit lower.

I've got a rare whole day out of the house tomorrow, it's going to be torture not knowing if they're through

• Like 1

@@Kiminal Great stuff mate. I ran these a few months back, very nice strain with a good yield, well worth their soil. Don't worry too much about height mate, they dont get that tall.

Can I ask what other seeds your popping in pt2, are they all Cream Mandarine XL auto?

• Like 1

@@Kiminal your probably Ok then your jiffy temps are prob 25/26 ...you could put your thermometer /probe next to them and put a bit of white card over it to shade it and should give you a better/more accurate Reading I think :)

• Like 1

@@GreenVision

No, I've gone all out for 3 different strains, all auto's, blow mind and dark devil for part two, all 6 will go in together for part two but most likely in my tent, under an Apollo 12 LED, but that's not set in stone yet... Its taken a while but the cupboards just started to find its level - it's just too small but later on I'd like to use it purely for flowering large sativa strains when needed. But that's a way off lol

Well I've just checked, temperature is 28 below the light, humidity dropped to 60 but I'll give them a light mist.

Two of the seeds have sprouted tails - I can just see them in the sponge but didn't want to disturb them so left them be, the third one may have sprouted, I can't tell yet.

Hopefully tomorrow morning they'll be camera ready for their first pics!

• Like 1