Reggies Jack47, Crystal Candy and Cream Caramel competition diary

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:36 AM, Arthur Mix said:

Looks like you do well out of this grow reg, stunning colas,  parsnip and swede you say aye ? :oldtoker:

Hi arf, will do well out of these 2 Jack47 plants alone. Monsters they were and really getting strong through the cure. The smaller one has a nice mango taste developing and the larger one needs a bit more time for flavour but they are both battering.  The parsnip and swede has gone now and they are all curing at 55-59% RH

Here is a J47 bud......

large.DSCF1348.JPG

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 2:16 PM, Breezus said:

You do like your girls to be big up top don't ya @Elvis Reg :yes: fab stuff mate 

thanks for stopping by @Breezus this final crystal candy is neither big nor small up top....

large.DSCF1344.JPGlarge.DSCF1345.JPG

On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 11:03 AM, botanics said:

I miss big lamps :( Smashing this grow man totally, you've some skills aye @Elvis Reg fair play :v:

thanks @botanics had other things on my mind of late but am getting back into it for the big finish. This crystal candy is the last one going and will be chopped any day now.

large.DSCF1346.JPG

More momentarily...

ok got some bud shots from the cream caramel and early crystal candy.....

got to say some of the smells are amazing, rhubarb and custard, sweet shop, sour sweets, lovely.

large.DSCF1350.JPG

large.DSCF1351.JPGlarge.DSCF1352.JPGlarge.DSCF1358.JPG

Will be back for final chop update and smoke reports before the end hopefully. Will look to catch up with what has been going on in other peoples diaries during my hibernation period. lol

All the best everyone.

Edited by Elvis Reg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Diary finale.

Now the comp is over and the dust has settled it is time to finish my diary with smoke reports and bud shots of all strains produced. Congratz to the winners btw. Nice diaries that I've enjoyed and learnt from. :yep:

OK. TBH I had some heat issues in the latter stages of the grow and in the drying process. some self created.

Having 2 x 600w plus a 315w CMH going in a 1.2 x 2.4m space is all very well in winter but when temps started to climb temps were hitting 35 degrees before I sorted it which really had an effect at least cosmetically.

Alas I put some of the Jack47 into that environment for final dry inside a paper bag in a shaded corner of the tent. due to the high temps it cooked a little I think and as a result it has little smell or taste when vaped.

The bits of the jack47 without heat damage have a nice mango smell in the jar, not very strong though and have a creamy taste.

The effects on the jack47 are pretty strong and nice all round.

large.DSCF1378.JPG

Also there is loads of it. The plant is a monster yielder.

The effects are a nice buzz from the 47 side I'd say followed by a strong relaxation effect afterwards. If you keep on doing it keeps the buzz on till fatigue sets in and vaping gaps increase then sleep is not far away but in a very calm, light and relaxed state as opposed to an inability to do anything. This is a good functional one imo.

The cream caramel TBH has been a favourite smell wise since it went into the jars...

large.DSCF1380.JPG

The buds are nice and solid and the smell upon grind is a sweet and touch of sour sweetie smell. Really quite tantilizing cos it a smell of me yoof. The effects are a nice buzz followed by extreme relaxed and functional state although less functional and more relaxed than the jack47.

The taste in the vape is sweet as well. A real nom nom nom taste it reminds me of another strain I grew previously in that which is praise indeed given the other strain is my favourite ever.

the rub is that the yield on the cream caramels was easily the smallest of the 3 strains. I have not weighed anything cos don't have scales in the house and I CBA anyhow unless I'm making cookies!

large.DSCF1385.JPG

another group shot. The cream caramel seemed to have 2 different pheno's. One of the them had a real strong smell of pine with notes of other sweet stuff buried underneath but mainly pine. The effects and vape are a less satisfying and tasty version of the sweet shop pheno.

The crystal candy, last but not by any means least.....

large.DSCF1384.JPG

brilliant looking buds, excellent firmness and that smooth quality some bud has to make it so neat looking. During the cure it has become a lot stronger and is getting more battering by the day. The smells really is quite complex and difficult for me to put into words. Very interesting you wish it were stronger is all I can say at this stage. Testing continues as yield off this one was a nice surprise.

The effects have been getting stronger by the day and it is a bit of a hidden creeper that comes up on the blind side and POW! Right in the kisser!

large.DSCF1378.JPG

All that remains is for me to offer gratitude to sweet seeds and the other entrants for making this comp such an enjoyable experience.

Thanks for visiting this diary.

• Like 1

Epilogue......pt 1

Lost pictures...

random thoughts...

large.DSCF1339.JPG 

the odd seed in the cream caramel. Left it a bit long perhaps.

large.DSCF1341.JPG

nice plant and now  a nice smoke

large.DSCF1337.JPG

Looking back I'd train/top the cream caramel and leave the others as is.

large.DSCF1336.JPG

pretty plants. the odd immature seed I thought might be high temp stress or left it a bit long. I figure the latter cos I was a bit lazy about the chop.

A few tips to avoid diary fatigue. Run the diary over less time. This diary dragged on and on and I ended up getting a bit fatigued to the point I couldn't bring myself to update for long periods at the back end of the diary.

just happened to start a new medication at that time also which just seemed to want to make me relax.

Always remember to enter the monthly pic contest and get a better camera with a time lapse function for a video.

Edited by Elvis Reg
to put more waffle in

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:53 AM, Breezus said:

Jars of joy aka "Jar Wars attack of the killer clones " :yinyang:

jars of joy indeed. right now cream caramel and crystal candy are being extensively 'tested' lol

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:35 PM, vince noir rock n roll star said:

all came good in the end reg

it came and was mostly fine with sunny periods.

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 3:40 PM, Badbadger said:

@Elvis Reg just wanted to say well done on your diary mate and to wish you the best of luck in the main comp.

Take care buddy.

thanks man it was never an issue though. I won my comp already. lol

• 2 months later...

@Breezus

No idea mate and I did put a thread up saying that I'd been noticing some established members disappearing but it was shut down due to the nature of privacy and disclosure etc ;) was fair enough and appropriate when I thought about it afterwards though really, I guess that's the frustration with the stupid arse legality situation in this country :(