★ 4th Sweet Seeds Grow Diary Competition ★ Rules + Prizes

Sweet Seeds-tommy

Ok, some questions :D

1 - Now considering us with not so large gardens, I understand that the 9 beans must be grown out by May 2017 so first question is, is it ok to run them over a couple of diaries so long as all done before May ?

2 - Apps :wacko: This app thingy for the code input and beans application (I'm middle aged now and things have moved fast lol) can it still be accessed through laptop ?

er, that's all :yep:

• Like 4

Id love to do this but I've never ran a diary before and I'm slightly ashamed by my grow space! Maybe next time

good luck everyone though, awesome competition!

• Like 3

@@Kiminal

Dude, go for it man, awkward spaces and out of the ordinary is good for the competition and having such grows documented helps both Sweet Seeds and the community for expanded knowledge in the unconventional ;) ...never be ashamed mate of trying your damndest :yep:

• Like 8

My first grow diary here was the 3rd sweetseeds comp!

Brings back good memories, even managed to scratch a runners up prize 26th place!(iirc)

Haven't participated the past couple of years but might well have a crack this year, just for shits n giggles like..

Awesome prizes sweetseeds and the competition is always a fun and educational addition too the forum.

Thanx for keeping it running.

Best of luck too all participants!

Yr already winning just by taking part in my book

Best regards dodge

Edited by Dodgee
  • Like 6

Would be rude not to :yep:

As a former Grower of the Month it is my duty to enter lol lol lol

Cheers :smokin:

E2A

Tommy, you need to clear your inbox :yep:

Edited by Hiphip
  • Like 4

@botanics@Dodgee

Ive stalked your work in the past, and I'm no where near as talented but...I'm busting to do it. I suppose I could pull my finger out and have rejig of my space.... I'll send a Pm then and wait and see.

• Like 4

Guest StonerCol

Sorry everyone but the comp is cancelled...... :lookaround: (Goes off to buy seeds and grow like buggery as the only person left in the comp.....well how else am I gonna win?) :rofl:

Very generous prizes Sweetseeds. In these days of "Take the money and run" it is great to see a company with a different attitude and one that gives something back!

I am new to growing and have yet to try any seeds from Sweetseeds but you can be sure that I will be trying many of them over the coming months, competition or no competition!

Mucho Gracias Sweet Seeds!

Col. :oldtoker:

Edited by StonerCol

Hi everyone :yep:

First of all, the inboxhas now lots of space so that will not be an issue anymore :D

Second, I see you guys enjoy the initiative but I'm maybe the happiest grower around, as it will be a great pleasure to run such competition with all you guys here in this great forum. I still remember the first 3 editions of the contest and I have been missing these times in the past 4 years ;)

For the ones who were not around a few years ago I advice that you check the best grow diaries from the previous editions, they are awesome :oldtoker:

So, lets do this and have a lot of sweet fun, heheh.

All the best and sweet smokes!

tommy

• Like 10

Ok, some questions :D

1 - Now considering us with not so large gardens, I understand that the 9 beans must be grown out by May 2017 so first question is, is it ok to run them over a couple of diaries so long as all done before May ?

2 - Apps :wacko: This app thingy for the code input and beans application (I'm middle aged now and things have moved fast lol) can it still be accessed through laptop ?

er, that's all :yep:

Cheers botanics!

1 - Yes, you can do as you will. Some people can only do 3 plants at a time, others 6 plants, etc. That's not a problem, as long as they are well grown and the diary is well structured, everyone can be a winner regardless of the number of plants grown. But, nonetheless, growing out the 9 plants (even if it's step by step as you mention) makes it easier to reach to the prizes tan growing less plants. So, it's possible and accepted, but maybe it's harder to get to the prizes. But doing 3+3+3 or 4+5 is perfectly fine and is the same as doing the 9 plants at once;

2 - Don't be afraid mate, it's not an actual app that you have to install. It's just a website (URL) that works as if it was an app. You get the link to a website with fields that you have to fill and that's all. Very simple, easy and fast. You'll see ;)

All the best and sweet diaries!! :yep:

tommy

• Like 5

Id love to do this but I've never ran a diary before and I'm slightly ashamed by my grow space! Maybe next time

good luck everyone though, awesome competition!

@@Kiminal

Dude, go for it man, awkward spaces and out of the ordinary is good for the competition and having such grows documented helps both Sweet Seeds and the community for expanded knowledge in the unconventional ;) ...never be ashamed mate of trying your damndest :yep:

@botanics@Dodgee

Ive stalked your work in the past, and I'm no where near as talented but...I'm busting to do it. I suppose I could pull my finger out and have rejig of my space.... I'll send a Pm then and wait and see.

Cheers Kiminal!

botanics is righ. This competition is not only for winners, hehehehe, in past editions even growers who shared simple works had a lot of fun in the competition. You get the seeds for free, that's a good start. And then you'll never know, in previous editions there were a lot of surprises, check it out and you'll see that more than 40 growers ended up getting something else as a prize just for the effort of sharing a complete grow diary.

Even me, when I won the first edition (2009-2010) of this competition in the Spanish forum, when I started I was having the same thoughts as you. Then, one month after I started, I decided to have a look at all the other diaries and I realized that I could have a chance, so I did my best from then on and ended up winning the contest. But when I started, my idea was just to be part of the initiative.

So give it a try, we would like to see everyone participating, we also enjoy diaries that are not winners, hehehehe :D

All the best and sweet competition! :smoke:

tommy

• Like 7

@@Sweet Seeds-tommy one quick question, is it permissible to do just one diary per strain with just one plant? It's not possible for me to do more with my perpetual auto setup atm and there may well be others like me I thought. I'd love to have a go but if I have to grow all 9 out before May I probably wont be able to :(

• Like 2