★ 4th Sweet Seeds Grow Diary Competition ★ Rules + Prizes

Sweet Seeds-tommy

Cheers @SlimPikins !

Try again now, please. I had the message box full (seems like when you organize such competition the inbox space is very short), but now I emptied it out a bit, which will be enough at least for 10 days even if I don't delete messages in the meanwhile.

Kind regards,

tommy

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

@Sweet Seeds-tommy  @Sweet Seeds -Jaypp  Being a participant in this competition has been great, and I think I can say for many that are part of this fun - We don't care if we win a prize or not.

With that in mind it would still be cool to go to Amsterdam anyways between 10-12th June and meet the actual winners and some of the Sweet Seeds crew.  I work by an airport with direct flights to AMS.

Is there a possibility of meeting up with the lot of you ?  I can send my wife off to the multitude of galleries and museums etc, maybe even take the mother in law so she can keep the wife entertained.  Or better still leave them all at home lol

On another note, aside from the Amsterdam possibility, I am going to be in Barcelona at the end of June for a work thing Wednesday to Friday by the looks of it - Where are you guys based ? Would be cool to catch up on the Saturday as I intend to hang around a few days afterwards as never been to Spain/Barcelona before.

What say you ? 

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 6

Cheers Inspiration!

Nice to read from you. Sure you could meet "us" in Amsterdam and even spend the weekend (or a part of it) with us there. In previous editions of this competition we met other growers from UK420 who didn't win the prize. For example, in 2011 I met AustrianTokker in Amsterdam during the trip with the winners. On the other hand, as the prizes with tripo to Amsterdam are for 2 people each, I remember for example in 2012 when mygreenmojo invited other UK420 member (Budelaire, who won 2nd place in that same year).

The only thing is that it is too early to confirm if me and/or Jaypp will go to Amsterdam. But one or two Sweet Seeds representatives will be there to organize the weekend with the winners. And you would also have to find a place/hotel to stay, but I see no problem in taking you with us at least 80% of the time. Sometimes Soft Secrets has a visit and/or a dinner prepared for the event and I can't say for sure that we could include you (maybe yes but I can't compromise as it's not up to me) but although we couldn't take you on that occasion, the rest of the weekend you could be with us.

Maybe I will also get you an invitation to the HighLife party, at least if I go...

About Barcelona, Sweet Seeds is from Valencia, there we have 3 shops. In Barcelona we don't have any member of the team at the moment and no shops. Me, personally, I not even live in Spain, so I'm a bit more far away. And Jaypp is from a town close to Madrid, so he's also a bit far from Barcelona.

We'll keep in touch. All the best and sweet smokes,

tommy

• Like 7

I was working very close to Amsterdam in 2011 - just a 2h drive.  It was really fun to meet some of the contest winners of that year.  Sadly, i got to meet them only after the highlife cup, but had a great time anyway. :) We ended up strolling from one coffeeshop to the next, pouring dutch beer down our throats, while chain smoking joints and generally having a good time.    Don't think i've ever smoked that many joints in a day of my life. :smokin:  The most talkative uk420 member also had a strong scottish accent, which made conversations with him even more fun and i remember that he would constantly get run over by bikers while walking to the next coffeeshop - a great soul though.  Infact all the members i met that day were really kind and great fun to hang out with.  I also remember having a wonderful dinner at Greenhouse seeds, where i finally got to meet a few of the sweet seeds crew members like Manolo, Tommy and the winners of the spanish forum.   Not a big fan of Greenhouse (Arjan), but the food was actually excellent and being served joints or vapes between courses was magical in itself. ;)   
Who ever wins this year's contest can expect an amazing weekend!!!  

• Like 6

Thanks for the reply, and positive sounding news.  Its really disappointing I now have to say - My friend is having his stag do that weekend and I will have to attend.  I tried talking them all into a weekend in Amsterdam but they seem to want to go to Genk............... lol

I may have to pop to Maastricht for a few hours just to see a coffee shop :(

On the plus side the wife suggested we go to Amsterdam during the summer - All on her own ! I know I married her for good reason ;) 

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

I want to congratulate everyone who's taken part in a competition that I think really brought out the best in the growers here @420 with some memorable grows.

I've lost my competitive virginity and like any quick over excited fumbling moments I can't remember most of it but I know I enjoyed it and want to do it again lol

Thank you Tommy,Jaypp and Sweet Seeds for a well ran competition and of course your all welcome to the UK when we leave the European Union just knock,ask for Badbadger and ill come let you in alright,no probs.

Edited by Badbadger
  • Like 7

Cheers everyone!

So, as you might well know, the announcement of the winners was scheduled for tomorrow. We already have the votes/evaluations of 2 or the 4 members of the jury. The other 2 have been struggling with a very busy week and they really need the weekend to make a fair and consistent decision after carefully looking through all the diaries. We are sorry for this small delay, but...

...the results will be announced on Sunday, the 28th, between 14h00m and 23h59m :yep:

Stay tuned. All the best and sweet smokes,

the Sweet Seeds® team :oldtoker:

• Like 11

im ok with waiting til sunday for me 3rd place lol ...have to say thank you again sweet seeds ,yet another stonking competition that brings out the best in the growers here ..all the best and good luck yet again to everyone involved .

• Like 7

oh man im completely and absolutely mashed on Green Poison...so if I fall asleep....congratulations <putnamehere> !!!

• Like 3