Cream of the Crop - How to get nominated

Joolz

27 minutes ago, ratdog said:

can they be pics from older grows?

no they need to have been uploaded during April

• Like 1

I’ll go through the gallery later and nominate anything good J. Been slack as I’ve been busy with work :yep:

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Joolz said:

no they need to have been uploaded during April

Should be uploaded May 2020.

Sorry folks been on the operating table getting my eyes treated this week, my sight is very slowly improving help us out and get some stunning pics nominated.

• Like 31

19 minutes ago, oldtimer1 said:

my sight is very slowly improving

Fantastic news, I've nominated a couple of photos. :yep:

• Like 3

I'm not nominating my own, that just doesn't sit right for me.

*dashes off to make 10 phantom accounts*

• Like 8

Ive nominated 2 pics dont know if there from may though. not mine BTW

I like to look and see who's voted for themselves.lol 

Edited by Dr feelgood
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Dr feelgood said:

Ive nominated 2 pics dont know if there from may though

Only any good if they are from the right month, the last one you nominated was a month too late, it was a stunner as well :yinyang:

@Inspiration101 nout wrong with nominating your own picture as long as its a good one, if it does not make the grade it would not make the final list, the more to select from the better IMHO, another problem this month is one member has had 5 different pictures nominated, only one of those can make the final list, we still need more pictures  nominated, my eyes are still not good enough to find more for May's list. So come on members get looking and nominating.

• Like 5

Brilliant news @oldtimer1 :yinyang:

I'll nom some pictures over the next couple days from members galleries incase they are to modest to. 

I shall shortlist one of mine again too :yep:

Farmer G 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Reminders on nominating pictures either your own or for other members.

On 07/10/2016 at 10:29 AM, Joolz said:

On 07/10/2016 at 1:21 AM, !HEMPFRUIT! said:

@@Joolz can we report a few or just The one we like best that month?

just one

It makes my job impossible when a member nominates a topic with ten pictures in, the idea is for you to nominate the picture you think is outstanding, I don't mind if you nominate a single outstanding picture by more than one member. comment Ot1

On 27/10/2016 at 10:59 PM, Joolz said:
On 27/10/2016 at 10:52 PM, Mohamedbear said:

@@Joolz does the plant have to have a strain name or be from a proper breeder or can it be on of your own creations, hacks, random seeds? As long as the subject is weed and its a good photo.

it just needs to be a plant, with a name, uploaded this month and have not been over sharpened in photoshop lol

This is the other thing, if the picture you want to nominate is not named please ask the member what it is and include its name in your nomination. That way I can organise the nominations list with the user names plant name/strain because members want to know what they are looking at, maybe want to try growing etc. I have very limited eyesight left and the time I can work is short writing to tens of members to get the information needed is getting to be more than I can contemplate. While I can I'm happy to compile the nominations list for the final selection list for those with better eyes than mine.

I am asking you to help me, thank you all Oldtimer1.

• Like 21

Can the pictures be of a big difference to the grow or just when they are about to be chopped?

@oldtimer1 hope your eyes are getting better bud. 

Sorry if this seems like a silly question. 

Edited by Wappasmokes

5 hours ago, Wappasmokes said:

Can the pictures be of a big difference to the grow or just when they are about to be chopped?

This does seem to be totally unrelated to entering pictures for the cream of the crop nominations list.

While this is totally off this topic. As far as helping new members learning to grow, them documenting their early grows in a grow diary from seed/cuttings to harvesting means experienced growers following the grow can quickly help out with any problems as they arise and keep it all in the one thread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Revive said:

getting some attention and improving.

Hmm, I never said my eyesight was improving overall.

I am still getting regular treatment to reduce visual loss but it only slows the decline, the macula and optic nerves are still declining just at a much slower rate due to an 8 weekly injection into each eye of eylea, cataract ops on each eye also helped.

The general trend is less visual acuity and living with the seesaw of improvement after the injections and the gradual loss until the next injections, its pretty hard to live with at times. 

So I do my best to help out with uk420 where I can. 

Back to nominating  where I need help is members taking the time to nominate any outstanding picture they see.

Its best to use report from members picture gallery giving the name of the variety, after checking it was uploaded during the nomination month.

That makes it much easier for me compiling and linking the pictures  ready for the final selection, it also helps a lot if nominations are not all left to the last day of the month, as it take several hours of work to a day or two. 

I would like to thank all the members who help with the nominations in advance, All the best Oldtimer1

• Like 7