Jeremy Corbyn wins leadership election.

Guest StonerCol

I believe that fairly reputable studies (ie not Yougov ones...) have shown that there is no particuarly widespread or identifiable specific 'antisemitism' (as the phrase is commonly misused - meaning anti-Jewish), either in the Labour party or in British society as a whole. There is a distressing background level of bigotry, xenophobia, nationalism and intolerance of anyone that is 'different', and it's rising (I wouldn't for a second accuse everyone that voted for Brexit of that, I believe I've said so before, but as I have also said, I do think that a proportion of people that voted for it did so for those reasons), but it's not specific to Jewish people, in fact if one was to highlight one religious/ethnic group that is most under attack, it would probably be Muslims and anyone percieved as 'Arab' (Arabs are, of course, Semites, but when people throw the term 'antisemitic' around they don't mean prejudice against all Semitic people..)

Edited by Boojum

It's all bollocks Booj, just liars and vested interests looking after themselves...I think Mauisghost may well be correct in his last post, the masses are to preoccupied with the machine's ego feeding to give anough of a shit.

I went a bit off on a tangent, but what is really pissing me off (on this subject lol EVERYTHING pisses me off lol ) is yet more fucking stupid backbiting against Corbyn from within his own fucking party. All of it, from the first attempt to oust him as leader onwards just does my fucking head in. There is no fucking opposition, because the Blairite wankers are trying to take back the Labour party to serve their own petty little ends, and the rest of the Labour party can't get on with doing what they are supposed to do - be the opposition party - while there's all this fucking stupid infighting :headpain: And the claim they keep making is that they are doing it because Corbyn is 'unelectable', despite clearly having the support of many people, and all this fucking stupid wankery is just making the whole party a laughing stock and ensuring that Labour is unelectable :headpain:

I'm not a Labour supporter. I'm not even a Corbyn supporter. I'm a wanky left-wing anarchist, I don't like party politics at all. But since it's all we've got what I am is absolutely against the tories, and the right wing in general. We need a left-wing opposition, we need a voice to prevent the further lurch to the right that is happening, and the Labour party is all we've got, sadly. So for fuck's sake I wish they'd stop fucking about and get on with doing what they are supposed to do - be the fucking opposition :headpain: All this wankery about 'electability' is just pie in the sky, worry about that in the lead up to the next general election (which I hope, for all our sakes, the tories don't win), but that's in the future, what matters now is what's happening now, the destruction of the NHS is probably the most important thing politically at the moment, and what's needed is a fucking opposition, something to at least try and prevent the tories from ruining what's left of this Godforsaken country.

• Like 4

@@Boojum

That could've been something I would've written but now I would also argue that no matter what party is in power, the capitalist lurch started by Thatcher is still in full swing. No succeeding party has repealed the laws of the previous incumbents - even when it is/has been against their very ethos/reason detre. What we need is a credible, real alternative - and that starts by throwing out the Whitehall Mandarins. The NHS will surely fall, to be replaced by a USA style Obama-care. Whichever Government is in, they say we are the envy of the world, while the tables show how poor we really are: Education for one, Health for another. We're not allowed to say it but I can see a day when there will be General Strikes and/or rioting.

Edited by KayDog
  • Like 3

@@Boojum

That could've been something I would've written but now I would also argue that no matter what party is in power, the capitalist lurch started by Thatcher is still in full swing. No succeeding party has repealed the laws of the previous incumbents - even when it is/has been against their very ethos/reason detre. What we need is a credible, real alternative - and that starts by throwing out the Whitehall Mandarins. The NHS will surely fall, to be replaced by a USA style Obama-care. Whichever Government is in, they say we are the envy of the world, while the tables show how poor we really are: Education for one, Health for another. We're not allowed to say it but I can see a day when there will be General Strikes and/or rioting.

You are allowed to say it and not only that but say it loudly!

• Like 4

@@Boojum

Aye, I agree, but we have to do something, even if it's just pissing into the wind. I'd rather get my trousers wet, metaphorically speaking, than do nothing, even if I'm just fooling myself. They are all cunts, but I do think some cunts are worse cunts than others, I'd rather have a left wing cunt that is part of a corrupt and fake system than a right wing cunt that is part of a corrupt and fake system.