Jeremy Corbyn wins leadership election.

Guest StonerCol

Guest StonerCol

So the result is in. JC won 61.8 per cent of the votes, or a bit over 313,000. Smith got just over 193,000 votes, or 38.2 per cent. Good news for the population I believe but can The Labour Party win in 2020?

Peace and :oldtoker:

Edited by StonerCol

Was totally predictable he would win and now Labour face a huge struggle to remain as a single party imho. Personally I think it's the end of the Labour Party as they continue to tear each other apart and offer no useful opposition to the Tories :( I hope to be proven wrong but I predict a split

• Like 4

Guest StonerCol

@@Fragg I think a lot of the disgruntled MP's are going to skulk back with their tails between their legs.....they ultimately are spineless and won't step outside of their comfort zones IMHO. Smith won't drive a split because it will be seen as sour grapes. Not sure who else might have the nads to push for a split so it won't get off the ground.

@@Fragg I think a lot of the disgruntled MP's are going to skulk back with their tails between their legs.....they ultimately are spineless and won't step outside of their comfort zones IMHO. Smith won't drive a split because it will be seen as sour grapes. Not sure who else might have the nads to push for a split so it won't get off the ground.

Trouble is though mate does the Labor Party really need these little cowards in the party when its time to stand up against the Tories?

If the party is made up around 40% of folks that don't want Corbyn as its leader then there's a big problem from the off.

As @@Inspiration101 said, best out them all and start a fresh. Concentrate on building for 2020.

GV.

• Like 5

@@StonerCol the problem with the MPs is they have tasted power and consequently have been corrupted by it and as such will do anything to get it back. As evidenced by the moronic decision to challenge Corbyn who was always going to win all they have done is damage the party....fucking genius!

• Like 3

So even after they prevented all those people they thought would vote for Corbyn from voting, even after all the dirty politicking, the dirty tactics, the media smear campaign, the time, effort and money spent trying to get rid of him he still won.

But he's unelectable...

• Like 17

Yup. The media bias is beyond belief in the UK.

Honest journalism based on facts is long gone. It's all hypothesis, conjecture, someone's opinion ALL dressed up as fact.

I despair at the lack of fact n truth across the board !

#chants : F*ckoff and don't come back, we are better off without you, you two faced f#cknuggets

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 6

I think that some of the right wing PLP coup plotters are in for a bit of a shock when the CLP meetings start up again and the true feelings of the membership is heard..

85% of CLP's voted in support of JC and yet he only got just over 60% of the vote. Something is adrift there and it is most likely systematic purging and electoral fraud.. Apparently 67,000 voters didn't even receive their ballot among them were many registered supporters who the NEC took their £25.00 and disenfranchised them anyway.

• Like 16

The support for Corbyn in Irish media is surprising; anything written is positive, and the UK media bias against him is discussed in the dailies.

Which is kind of funny when any Irish politician of the left is vilified at every turn ;)

• Like 3