Jeremy Corbyn wins leadership election.

Guest StonerCol

For fucks sake, what's the fucking matter with these people...

Chuka Umunna was last night predicted to mount a challenge to oust Jeremy Corbyn before the next General Election – just hours after he was returned as Labour leader with a crushing majority.

The former Shadow Business Secretary is being pushed by allies to stand as the only Labour leadership hopeful with a ‘realistic’ chance of winning the 2020 poll.

Otherwise, senior party figures predict an ‘exodus’ by moderate Labour MPs who despair of being locked out of power for a generation.

more at link : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3805941/Rising-star-Chuka-Umunna-tipped-challenge-Jeremy-Corbyn-election.html

Mark Steel was right in his semi tongue in cheek article in the Independent.

At last the result of the leadership election will finish this period of Labour’s squabbling. Then a new period of squabbling can begin, three minutes after the result is announced, when a group of 45 MPs issue a statement saying: “During the last three minutes, it has become increasingly clear that Jeremy Corbyn has lost the support of the party and must step down immediately. “We were more than willing to give him a chance, and indeed for the first 40 seconds some of us even nodded when he said something. But over the last minute our poll ratings have failed to improve so we have no choice but to challenge him to another leadership election, and demand he’s put in prison.”

They will also propose a rule change. Instead of the outdated method of choosing a leader by allowing members a vote, the challenger will fight the incumbent at Kung Fu; they have decided to stand Shi Yan Zi, the Shaolin monk and Kung Fu master, as he would be attractive to floating voters in Staffordshire and has some progressive ideas on housing.

Or, instead, the leader should be decided by measuring which candidates’ supporters can wee the furthest – although the National Executive Committee will ban 350,000 jets of wee as they didn’t flow in accordance with the aims and values of the Labour Party.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-labour-leadership-owen-smith-result-soon-over-mark-steel-a7322801.html

• Like 11

I will just watch the dissenters with Labour continue until JC watches them be removed from the party - They should go back home to the Conservatives rather than being a cancerous rot with the Labour party.

Cut it all out or it grows back !

Edited by Inspiration101
  • Like 4

They've all been on telly this morning calling for unity then spouting the same poisonous bollocks as before.

Meanwhile John McDonnell was asked on Peston, in the presence of evil fucker Esther McVey to retract and apologise for calling her "a stain on humanity" he refused :rofl:

• Like 5

What the anti Corbyn faction of the plp fail to realise is that is the plp is currently unelectable no matter who their leader is. They don't give a fuck about the working class, they consider those votes theirs for life so they're going for the centre.

Chuka Ummuna? The very careerist I had a go at earlier? The Mail is calling him a rising star now but the last time his star rose he ended up withdrawing his leadership candidacy on some family excuse after he was revealed to belong to some flash elite wannabe plutocrat club.

He could almost have read my previous post, he knows someone like him hasn't got much of a chance of getting any sorrt of top post now and this is his last possible chance at the leadership. Clutching at straws , he's going to get shot down in flames. Go for it chuck it would make a sweet epitaph for red tory careerism.

• Like 3

Here's another log for the fire......just watched 'Newzoids' and even they are slagging off Corbyn.......

.....then again they are only politicians puppets with someone's hand up their arse, telling them when to jump and how high....... :wassnnme:

'Chuckles' ummuna.........Chuckle?......Damn near wet myself laughing! lol The quicker the naysayers fuck off and start their own playgroup the better imo :yep:

:oldtoker:

seems Labor are coming out with some half credible economic policies now .... they seem to have 'got' the brexit vote at last .. and are now talking about interventionist , pro entrepreneur , devolved power , local investment banks etc ... 250 billion borrowing as its cheap to borrow now ? .... all the other things sound great but borrowing 250 billion ?

seems Labor are coming out with some half credible economic policies now .... they seem to have 'got' the brexit vote at last .. and are now talking about interventionist , pro entrepreneur , devolved power , local investment banks etc ... 250 billion borrowing as its cheap to borrow now ? .... all the other things sound great but borrowing 250 billion ?

Have you seen how much money has been magicked into existence to fund QE? And where did that money go? To shareholders etc, it was designed to keep the rich, rich and powerful and it's making the situation worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/30/financial-crisis-looms-addiction-cash-injection

Edited by soto
  • Like 1

Hi all,

I think JC has some very good ideas and in an ideal world where we are all equal they would be good ideas and policys to follow. The trouble is we now live in a capitalist world and if we follow some of the JC and labour policy's we will be in even more shit than we are now. It needs change from all countries to make the world a more fair place for us all, JC will in my opinion just move business overseas to country's that suits their needs and we will be banckrupt. We need to try and reach a happy medium with business and Joe soap and I don't think JC is the man to do it.

Cain1.

Edited by cain1

I feel very torn , I support almost all of his policies , but I dont think he will win an election with them ....imo he needs to reach out to the likes of Hilary Ben , who was always on the left of labor but not the 'hard left'