Jeremy Corbyn wins leadership election.

Guest StonerCol

Hi all,

I think JC has some very good ideas and in an ideal world where we are all equal they would be good ideas and policys to follow. The trouble is we now live in a capitalist world and if we follow some of the JC and labour policy's we will be in even more shit than we are now. It needs change from all countries to make the world a more fair place for us all, JC will in my opinion just move business overseas to country's that suits their needs and we will be banckrupt. We need to try and reach a happy medium with business and Joe soap and I don't think JC is the man to do it.

Cain1.

Oh right, so these policies that he's advocating that are mainstream in Scandinavia and Germany have led to those countries being in the shit then have they?

• Like 9

Have you seen how much money has been magicked into existence to fund QE? And where did that money go? To shareholders etc, it was designed to keep the rich, rich and powerful and it's making the situation worse.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/30/financial-crisis-looms-addiction-cash-injection

And yet Yvette Cooper completely lost her shit in the last leadership contest when JC suggested doing this to directly invest in jobs and infrastructure instead Edited by sam-i-am

Guest StonerCol

seems Labor are coming out with some half credible economic policies now .... they seem to have 'got' the brexit vote at last .. and are now talking about interventionist , pro entrepreneur , devolved power , local investment banks etc ... 250 billion borrowing as its cheap to borrow now ? .... all the other things sound great but borrowing 250 billion ?

Hopefully JC will make the Bankers repay the QE to cover that.....only fair :yahoo:

Edited by StonerCol

Guest StonerCol

Quantitative easing (QE) is a monetary policy used by central banks to stimulate the economy when standard monetary policy has become ineffective.A central bank implements quantitative easing by buying financial assets from commercial banks and other financial institutions, thus raising the prices of those financial assets and lowering their yield, while simultaneously increasing the money supply. This differs from the more usual policy of buying or selling short-term government bonds to keep interbank interest rates at a specified target value.

According to wikipedia.....

If they had "Bailed out" the public instead of the banks, vastly more money would have been put into circulation. Give every adult 20 grand :yep: and you would have spent less than the billions given to fraudulent shysters.

See, the thing is, this nation has been drip fed right wing bollox for decades and any left leaning policies, which work in other nations, are seen as the devil's work.

Switch the focus from Mammon, "For he is a jealous master, leaves no room for any other"

Cheers :smokin:

• Like 13

i thought the qe was pumped into the finance sector and the stock market .

cant we just print monies based on the wealth of the nation and then that monies invested in infrastructure and on the job training for the young ?

this money would be issued as credit and not debt .

• Like 1

Money in the hands of the less well off is recirculated into the economy and increases tax returns, it's a virtuous circle. Taking it to Panama and sitting atop it cackling and breathing fire is not.

• Like 4

The banks don't print money but they can create it by lending out money they don't have.

Watch 'Money as Debt'.

(There are newer and longer versions available.)

TLDR; making interest with fractional reserve banking is only sustainable if all of that interest paid to the bank is redirected back into the economy. Otherwise future interest cannot be paid and we end up with more being owed than can possibly be repaid.

• 3 weeks later...

This seems to be the Cobyn thread.

Another attack on Corbyn by Blairite backstabbers who should be doing their job as members of the opposition instead of destroying the opposition from within.

Some twat was on radio 5 live news just now, making claims about Corbyn's 'antisemitism'. This is not the first time I've heard those claims, but as with previous ones no mention was made of how and why Corbyn is 'antisemitic'. It's easy to throw dirt. Back up your claims with examples, tell us precisely what he has done to be 'antisemitic' or else shut the fuck up and fuck off.

I'm not saying that Corbyn isn't antisemitic, I don't know because the people that keep making the claims that he is have failed to produce any evidence to support those claims. I suspect it may be because he's criticised the Israeli regime, that seems to be the favourite tool of supporters of the right wing Israeli regime - you can't say anything about their repressive, murderous regime (which has broken numerous UN resolutions) because that means you're 'antisemitic'. If he is actually antisemitic, and can be proven as such, with examples of his antisemitsm then OK, bring out the proof, and I'll gladly support your criticism of him. If you can't produce any evidence to support the claims (and I've not seen any evidence so far) then shut the fuck up and fuck off.

• Like 6

Oh for fuck's sake, another 5 live news and more wankery about 'antisemitism' - apparently he's not doing enough to tackle alleged antisemitsm in the Labour party (again, no examples were given).

What about the anti-Muslim shit that is happening in the tory party, the mainstream media, and probably the Blairite wankers who are bleating about 'antisemitism'. ?

post-3870-0-86037700-1326169525_thumb.jpg
  • Like 4

Was travelling when I heard that, has to turn off.

Money machine will win. It pumps out whatever guff and whenever it wants, and the mass will believe. :(

• Like 1