Here we go again

blackpoolbouncer

Good day to one and all, most of you good folks round he these parts know me but if you don't I'm blackpool bouncer and this is going to be my new diary.

I've decided to do a new diary as the last one had got to some length and I feel that if it carried on, then the information would become diluted and impossible to find.

I've decided to put it here because I intend in this being a perpetual diary showing off Dinafems fine wares and will stretch well into 2017 maybe even 2018.

For those of you who aren't up to speed with what I do, a link to my previous diary can be found in my signature and also it has been stickied at the top of this page.

IMG 20151026 39215

IMG 20151017 59468

IMG 20150914 4747

IMG 20150914 30290

If you want to grow big yeilding autoflowers like this (150-250g in 11l and more if you go bigger) then that diary has all the information you need.

Since my last escapades I've had a good old break whilst getting through a ridiculous amount of amnesia kush and purple trainwreck but alas, needs must and I've had to get some beans in.

I probably won't be updating this dairy every single feed or going so into depth but I will be keeping track with regular pictures and doing sporadic updates as I don't find too much time these days to spend on here.

Anyway, now my life's story is out of the way let's get this party rocking.

A big thank you first and foremost to Mark who has kindly sorted me the beans out to do this diary.

Even after a bit of mistake on my behalf leading to photo seeds being sent his customer service was second to none and speedy replacements were sent out asap. Can't thank you enough mate.

I was getting a bit nervous about my stock so about 25 days I think ago I germinated my last remaining auto blue kush seed in a panic to get up and running.

I originally planned on doing two plants, 1 white widow xxl and 1 critical 2.0. I now have one blue kush nicely getting a shift on and a critical following behind. The white widow will be along shortly.

From then onwards I will be adding two new plants every 35-40 ish days and therefore be cropping every 35-40 days.

At the minute I'm using my old 400w dual spec budget hps which I've had good results with in the past but I plan on suplimenting this soon with a maxi bright 315w cmh which will only get turned of it the heat reaches 29 degrees at the canopy.

I'm growing in a space 1.2m x 1.5m x 2m iirc so that should be a hella light. The 400 on its own is not enough but remember ive not got to light the entire room due to only ever having 2 (or 3 for this first grow) big plants under the 400. Things will get interesting and I'll be scaling the plant size up once the 315w Cmh goes in there moving up from my standard 11l buckets to 20 litre.

I will be using as usual just about the best compost on the market, clover multi purpose and I will be feeding using smidgem of plant magic oldtimers grow for a couple of feeds and bloom for the rest. The only other supliment I use is shogun cal mag because my water is unreliably soft.

I was late potting the blue kush on due to commitments and therefore she lost a few days of growing I think. She also had some temp issues when she was about a week old but as youl see she's still nicely ticking on. I don't expect her to be a massive plant and to be honest she's not really my primary concern as she was only put in as a fail safe and will not be given choice spot under the light. I'll still pull a good few ounces but I doubt she will be a 8 oz plant.

You can see from the photos that she is a little sensitive to the nitrogen which iirc showed up in the last grow of blue kush. Its very minor and nothing I'm remotely concerned about. You will also notice a photo of one of the leaves that has one slightly yellow tip and there a bit of leaf curl due to canopy temps getting up towards 30 today briefly.This is the extent of the problems for this girl so overall I'm pretty happy with how she is doing and temps are under control.

Her sister is the smaller of the two but is catching up fast. She is about 10 days younger than the blue kush I think and is flying. She was potted onto her final pot at only day 7 after rooting out her 0.5l pot quick sharp. I'm expecting good things from this girl and the only issue she has is she got a little bit hot for a while and is showing a we bit of heat stress. Again nothing I'm concerned about as the temps are in hand and the canopy temp never usually ever ranges out of the 27 -29 range at its hottest. I prefer to keep it around 27 though to be honest.

So that's all the boring stuff out of the way.

Time for some pics. The blue kush.

IMG 20160905 18568

IMG 20160905 19104

IMG 20160905 19658

IMG 20160905 20637

IMG 20160905 21141

IMG 20160905 21700

IMG 20160905 22256

IMG 20160905 25593

IMG 20160905 2683

IMG 20160905 27616

IMG 20160905 28622

IMG 20160905 29731

IMG 20160905 30265

And how the critical is coming along

IMG 20160905 23453

IMG 20160905 2414

IMG 20160905 22886

IMG 20160905 25109

IMG 20160905 26643

IMG 20160905 27137

IMG 20160905 28121

IMG 20160905 29143

So folks there ya go and here we go. Come along for the ride and pull up a chair. I'd offer you a joint but I ain't got much left lol
All the best folks. Its good to be back
Edited by blackpoolbouncer
  • Like 22

Evening Black :D

Good to see you still on the boards fella, I've been off the beaten track for a while so ace to come back to uk420 and still see lots of old skool members.

Bests of luck with the grow sir, I'll try to remember to stick my head in from time to time.

• Like 4

@botanics@bobnudd@@withnail@Superdedupity and everyone else thanks for the warm welcome back guys.

@@withnail that's the exact same thought that popped into my head when I saw a post by you today. Nice to see ya round the boards fella.

lol I think most of you probs missed my entire post as I had to post a bit and edit it to carry on as I'm on mobile and forgot to go pc version ergo no add photo option.

Bobnud I've got a blue kush and a critical 2.0 on the go with a white widow xxl to join soon.

• Like 4

Now this is going to be a great thread :) Thanks for starting another mate. The last thread has so much detail and attention I agree a new thread was needed to preserve all the good work done :)

Great to see your sticking with Dinafem strains mate and this will make a lot of members happy. They loved the last thread and I'm sure once this is in full swing we will see the same again :)

Really nice to have you back posting mate and thank you for the picture update very much appreciated. Some great work already started :)

Thanks again for starting the thread. I'll be along for the ride :oldtoker:

All the best

D-M.

• Like 9

@@Dinafem-Mark not at all my friend, the pleasure is all mine.
Its nice to be back into the swing of things again after a break in general. I've also got another reason to be thankful to dinafem and the forum. Because you good souls kindly allowed me to go to product earth, I met an amazing lady who I'm madly in love with!! Who I met there of all places. At the other side of the country. Thanks to everyone that voted for me and dinafem, you have inadvertently changed my life.

As for strains, there will probably be a couple of plants here and there from other breeders but I will always have some dinafem strains growing. The others are to supliment your line rather than replace it. Dinafems genetics are top notch and excellent always....but there are so many strains by so many breeders I can't be a one breeder man forever. Dinafems genetics will be a staple of my groom for quite some time and if you keep lovely strains coming that are new I'll be the first in the queue to grow them.

Hi @@stu914 nice to see ya mate, I thought I heard ya heavy breathing in the shadows of my groom last night
Lurk away dude, your welcome anytime.

So today's update.

Its been hot as hell here today!!
Lights got shut down at 1pm when they reached 29.7c and came back on at 5 for two hours and had to go back off again for another hour cos the temps in the caravan still hadn't calmed down and both girls are telling me they don't like the heat so losing an hour I feel is better than keeping them unhappy.
Temps in the afternoons on a hot day are hard to deal with for a few hours. My grow room is on a south facing side of a caravan which I haven't got round to insulating so you can imagine what I'm up against.
Not the end of the world by all means cos for at least 18 hours a day the temps are bang on 27 at canopy.
I know I'm forever saying this but I'm not worried about it.

I gave the blue kush her first bit of cal mag at 1ml pl last night which in hindsight may have been slightly premature because she seems to be a fussy girl. She's showing a couple signs that now the roots are going wild taking up nutrients that the compost is giving them ever so slightly too much of a few things notably nitrogen.
A common trait of autoflowers is that they do this at around the 20-25 day mark I have found which again is something I'm not concerned about as at this stage the plant very quickly takes advantage of this.

As you can see the plants are pretty happy anyway though bar the few small things I have mentioned. Today was day 1 of lst on the critical 2.0 whereby I bent the growing tip over at 90 degrees just after the 5th node.
The criticals got some legs on her for sure!!

IMG 20160907 5112

IMG 20160907 5694

IMG 20160907 6207

All the best folks

• Like 11

Good evening BB,

I'm new to the site but looking back at your events, you certainly have my respect buddy. If I can achieve only a fraction of your excapades then I'd be happy with that. I've only ever done autos and have already learnt a lot from your posts.

Keep up the good work matey!

• Like 4

Looking great so far mate and as said great to have you back active again :) I know you have been super busy over summer :)

The ladies so far are looking nice and healthy and nice to see some nice lst coming into play :)

Thanks for the picture update mate much appreciated and keep up the great work!

All the best

D-M.

• Like 3

@@912GreenSkell your welcome dude and thank you for taking the time to read it,. Pull up a chair. This will get interesting.

@@mancman welcome aboard chief, glad its been useful. I'm sure youl be smashing it. There is a wealth of knowledge on the site. It taught me everything I know about cannabis specifically......best advice I can give with auto's is look after em when there young and train them. For the first 30 days all you have to do is water them plain old water (soil) get that right and youl have monsters.

@@Dinafem-Mark thank you good sir. Its nice to be back. Feels like a catch up with an old friend, or many, @@bluntz27 and everyone else around the place. Aye there looking grand. Tonight's update shows lst coming into full force.

Its really nice to be back and get back into the swing of things and grow my most favourite of all plants......suddenly my polytunnel has become bland and I'm rapidly becoming bored of tomato soup lol

Has anyone any ideas what to do with hundreds of chillies? lol

One thing I don't have an abundance of is weed. Touch wood my stocks will hold, thank God for auto's. Feels like only yesterday these little girls were getting potted on into what looked an enormous pot....not so much now. I forget how fast these grow.

Since the last update I have been out with the garden wire and lst'd both girls.

The temperatures have been pretty amenable recently and I've only had to shut the light down twice. Once last week for two hours and today for 6. Its been crazy hot here today and only just cooling down now.

Other than that temperatures have been bang on with the canopy temp staying at between 25 and 27 as a rule.

I've watered both girls twice since repotting and the blue kush is ready for her third drink. Still just water and 1 ml pl of calmag. 3 litres are doing them nicely.

The blue kush is just phenomenal. Beautiful plant as always. No problems to report whatsoever.

You can see in her pictures day one of lst and directly followed by the day after. She was has been tied down and adjusted a couple of times now.

The critical however doesn't to me look to be such a smashing plant. She's very sparse with little in the way of side branching and quite a large internodal gap. I assume she's just a bad pheno so I'm gonna chuck another critical in soon. It may be something else though....something has been nibbling my leaves it seems or the plant has some disease or other....I need to look into it. Quite a few leaves have little holes in which you may see.

I don't think however she is going to turn out to be an outstanding plant but time will tell. I don't mind if she doesn't because I've got space to get another one in her place and still keep her going.

That's it really. There getting very little attention apart from the lst and watering and they seem happy. Good environment = happy plants.

Some pictures taken in chronological order

Enjoy

IMG 20160907 5112

IMG 20160907 5694

IMG 20160907 6207

IMG 20160914 26910

IMG 20160914 27287

IMG 20160914 27642

IMG 20160914 2818

IMG 20160914 28383

IMG 20160914 28773

IMG 20160914 29105