Garage growroom

4plenty

@@BLOCKER

What for ?

They will get very hot because of the windings mate and need a sealed box if you don't want an accidental bump off one (and it'd be a bump all right, probable risk of ending you)

No need for temperature sensors providing the correct equipment is used for the build and safety is adhered too regarding wiring and mounting of unit etc.

No I mean, set temp at 20' then the fan will keep room as close to that as posible, without the probe/sensor this cant happen?

• Like 2

@@BLOCKER

Ah right, I'm with you ;) What you need to look out for mate is one of those digital thermometers with a remote probe, hydro shops might have them, some on the bay etc :yep:

• Like 2

@@4plenty quality build mate, thanks for sharing. After knocking that up you will easily be able to make a variac temperature controller, I copied my two from Joint Hogger and Laphroaig on here and they been going strong for over year now. Look forward to seeing you get your 4 oz back....and the rest, you will never go back to the £10 1g deals again....I know I won't ;)

• Like 4

I put an order in with greens yesterday for most of what I need to get started with this grow and as there is a 4 day weekend approaching, the ideal opportunity to get the gear unpacked and into its home, check,adjust,etc as long as it got delivered in time.....unfortunately I received an email this evening to say that some of the items were on back order and will be 2-3 business days which puts me into post easter territory...Arghhhhhh Nevermind.

I will cancel the order and go local shop instead, bit more expensive but hopefully between the 5 shops within half an hour I should get most of it in the boot of my motor tomorrow.

:clown:

• Like 3

Bit of an update, not much seems to of happened over the last few days even though I have had 4 days off work. But it is these last few steps that seem to take the longest.

I got some work done on the passive intake via a box.

20160325 174905 1600x900

20160325 175033 1600x900

20160325 175107 1600x900

I plan in running all cables and ducting through the hole which will be covered in the carbon cooker hood material. I finally got the filter and fan hooked up and run them today along with my sms hybrid controller and they hold 25c perfectly when using the 400w setting on my ballast, really happy so far.

20160328 180054

Light leaks are a major bitch though, I have some door draught excluder on order from auction, i'm hoping that helps, any other tips?

20160327 200655

I had hoped to of got the seeds going by tonight, i'm holding back until I get these light leaks sorted, I need to insulate the entire door really so am planning on getting that done this week, I will use the last pieces of offcut celotex I have to cover the back of the door, I will try and fashion some kind of heath robinson light baffle on there too, along with the draught excluder I should bo ok.
Few more jobs, line the inside with mylar, sort the electrics, chill.
  • Like 5

It's looking good :yep:

You'll probably sort those light leaks with the draught excluder, failing that you could try a curtain made of mylar or similar and held on with velcro.

Where does your extract duct go to once it goes out of the cab?

• Like 1

I think something that rolls down on the in side.

If you were to put a little frame on the inside. Then get a roll of 900m tall thermal bubble wrap. You can use some Velcro around the frame and on a door length piece of it. Then you roll it down when you are done.

Its light tight and will keep warmth in and cold out, it will also keep your neg pressure tight.

Then you shut the door on it but really, the outer door is superficial. Even with it open and the flap rolled down, you will see no light leaks.

I find its the easiest solution to light tight and semi air tight a door, cheaply and effectively.

Lovely the build

Zz

Ps. Like the moog said lol, I was typing while he posted.

That's the idea anyway.

Edited by zztopbudz
  • Like 3

Cheers for looking in guys, the curtain idea sounds like a plan, I want something that is little faff and just works without fail so strips of velcro on the inner door frame with some spare mylar sounds like the best plan for now.

@@The_Moog At the moment the ducting goes nowhere but there are plans afoot to drill through some breeze blocks out of sight of the neighbours and vent out in to the fresh air. What does everybody put over the end of the ducting? Will anything get in that way?, through the fan too? I doubt it but i would just feel happier with something over the end. :kwasny:

• Like 2

@@4plenty

You can get various vent covers mate from DIY or builders yard to cover the duct on exit, just be mindful of the 'whooshing' so the neighbours don't hear it ;)

• Like 2

Busy day again today, listening to talksport down the shed drilling holes

20160402 113050

It took hours to drill then chisel this but its done now and I cant feel my arm.

20160402 145620

So i'm basically ready to wet the seeds after an overnight light/fan trial tonight. we have been holding steady at around 25c with the sms hybrid fan controller on number 2 max, it is really, really quiet, im happy with the investment. there are a few light leak issues still but very minor so i'm happy for now.

20160402 194300

hopefully my next update in here will be including pictures of little green shoots.
  • Like 8

Any way you can have the ducting hole at the top, in line with the fan?

I have given that some thought and it is a possible future incarnation but for now, for stealth reasons this is where we are.

In other news I put some seeds in wet tissue paper earlier....2 Blue Cheese and 2 White Widow XXL both autos from Dinafem. :oldtoker:

• Like 1

@@4plenty

Hiya bud, glad to see it coming together, you will need to get the light leaks sorted sooner rather than later, otherwise they will affect 12/12 flowering

good luck

atb

stu :oldtoker:

• Like 2