Garage growroom

4plenty

@@Joint hogger

it depends on what make/type of fans your getting, if you go down the ruck route, i'd recommend either the 6" L which shifts (760m3/hour)

or the 8" A which shifts (820m3/hour) for your outtake & go with the 5" L (350m3/hour) or the 6" A (470m3/hour) for the intake.

also, heres a few pics of a 5" & a 6" fan & a few of a 6" x 600mm rhino filter in my 1 x 1 x 1.8m tent to give you an idea

of what a big filter looks like in a tent similar in size to your grow box.

Well I took your advice, quite literally. I ordered the 5 and 6 inch ruck along with a 150x600 Rhino filter. Any advice on wiring and fitting these to my room in conjunction with the sms hybrid I ordered.?

What is wrapped around your filter, the pre filter, what is it made from?

@@4plenty

Morning mate, your build's looking superb, couple of little things to consider before the excitement of ballasts, lights and autos carry you away........ :rofl:

You shouldn't need an intake fan if you go large enough on the outtake, I've been growing for donkeys years and never had an active intake.

If you get the hybrid 4 controller it has option to connect both in and out but works on just outtake alone, this is what I use, no hum.

You can always add an intake fan further down the line as long as you leave a space to fit it in.

If you use passive intakes they need to be 3 - 5 times the size of the outtake :yes:

Light leaks are an absolute bastard and the tiniest one will potentially screw up the flowering phase of non autos, as well as possibly giving the game away. :fear:

Underfloor heating of some sort is essential in winter, as already mentioned anything below about 18c and they will just sit there looking miserable.

I'm still on the chair in the corner, watching progress...... :ninja::rofl:

atb

stu :oldtoker:

• Like 3

@@4plenty

Tidy bit of work mate fair play and good to see, now you doing that box in the right way is going to prove fruit full down the line :yep:

Good work!

• Like 2

gallery_78513_6108_5020.jpeg

Rise and shine, the grooms needs doing! :upside:

Nice build, looks really well done and some funs years ahead.

The 8" passive intake route interests me as well. In a 1m2 tent myself with both a 4" and 5"L as intakes on a Y duct ( run a prop tent into the flower tent with 4" on str level1/2, and separate oil rad in box with the 5"l on sms 4amp) all with a 6"L as extract. Use a big filter like joint hogger so wanted it for both tents .

One trouble is with big fans is although they are great in the summer in the winter they're echanging too much cold air from outside and you'r oil rad is on continuously.

A 6" and 5" will work fine in that space I'd imagine, worse case is you the get an 8" later and use the 5" for the soon to be built veg groom. lol

• Like 1

The sms controllers are not intended for the fans we use them on. Any hum is a sign that the fan is under stress and that can reduce its life. The old fashioned type variacs that have a slider, meaning you can get any voltage you want, are not intended for 24/7 365 use unless fucking huge and costing multiple £100s. My £30 0.75 amp variac from Maplins lasted less than a year.

The multi tap variacs from fleabay are the right tool for the job. Gives the fan the same sine wave as mains leccy and should last forever, no electronics. If you can wire up a mains plug, then you can wire one of those up. One off cost, fit and forget.

i've got 2 of the maplins - ravi 0.75A variacs & have had them since 2008, since then they've been used for over 6 years without a problem so far with a 5" fan on each variac.

• Like 1

I got up early to give myself enough time to get this floor wrapped up and made good progress this morning. Had a tea and vape while I sat and stared at the tardis that has appeared within 7 days. Unbelievable jeff.....

20160319 094505

The cross members are not fixed as the floor is so badly running out. They are off cuts used for support

20160319 111227

Used up the last sheet of OSB on the floor

20160319 112354

Same with the insulation, 5 sheets of each OSB and insulation

20160319 112358

Total cost for the build is around £275 and construction has taken a week grabbing time when I can. There is still work to do here on the door stops which will help with light leaks for my yet to be delivered setup. I am also going to line with silver bubble floor underlay all around.
I have ordered a dimmable ballast. lamps and a reflector. 5 and 6 inch ruck fans to be paired with the sms hybrid. I have also got a 150x300 Rhino filter, all associated ducting and clips. I have just ordered a couple of hygrometers and some rootit mats and thermostat. Fuck this is getting expensive.. :spliff: Yet to buy soil and nutes, some circulation fans Am I missing anything?
The total cost for all that gear including build costs will be somewhere around £1200 which is a fair bit of coin but I pay a tenner a gram and some weeks spend over £100 on weed. This setup owes me 120 grams of weed to pay for itself, 4 ounces :oldtoker: Then i'm smoking weed for the price of electricity.
  • Like 9

At hundred quid a week, this box sure will pay for itself mate and being as organised as you have, sweet times :stoned:

• Like 2

a portable oil rad should be sufficient enough to heat that with the full celotex room are you tapeing up the gaps? also whats the seal like on the door as a lot of heat might be lost due to that all good coming up to summer but them winter nights are a struggle as your in a garage its hard to heat up even though you heating the room up the air your pulling in from the outside cools it straight back back down to the same temperature as outside as the extractor nicks all the heat its a vicious circle for me to get around this I've got a climate control which is linked to my extractor.. and intake fan so when the desired temperature is reached it reduces my in and outake to hold the tempature just something to think about as it is a mind fuck sometimes

It's looking grand @@4plenty

Good move on getting the root it mats and thermometer, they'll do a good job of preventing you having problems with temps. :yep:

I'm a bit unsure about the wisdom of getting the 300mm filter rather than the 600mm one though, there's quite a difference in airflow there.

@@The_Moog Sorry mate, I just seen that, I wrote 150 x 600 in my earlier post but somehow wrote 300 in the other lol

Can confirm it is 150 x 600.

I have had a measure up down there and the final area inside is 1100x950x1950 so pretty close to what I aimed for. Very happy.

• Like 1