Garage growroom

4plenty

Had a bit of time up my sleeve from somewhere today and managed to get a few hours in down the garage. This is starting to take a bit of shape and the structure is really solid.

insulation

I got all the insulation on the walls today

The floor is going to be done last.

20160317 151024

Started framing out the opening

20160317 151027

20160317 152905

There is still work to do so hoping to get a few hours in Saturday morning, Get the ceiling insulated and covered. Hang the door, Then look at the floor.....

My space is 1100 x 950 internally at the moment with a height of 2100 to where the ceiling will be so pretty happy.

I'm starting to get one eye on buying bits..Lights, ballasts fans etc...

I'm going to visit the local hydro shop tomorrow, Going to get some of the gear, ducting especially so I can punch through my OSB and finalise my internal space. Cant wait to get going.

Are the smscom £39.99 fan controllers ok for the money,? I have been looking and it seems you can pay what you want for a fan controller.

• Like 5

Bit noisy but you're in the garage so should be fine, they do one with a thermostat probe for about £60.

Edited by Ital

well that kinda back ground fan hum, like slight feedback on a stereo if that makes sense. If you got the dough fast forward to the 4amp sms hybrid, great bit of kit.

• Like 4

Yeah I tried one and the fan made a whining noise so I took it straight back to the shop.

What fan and filter and what size duct are you going to get?

• Like 2

I was thinking about a 6 and 8 inch fan in and out along with a big Rhino filter. Acoustic ducting.

I'm planning on having a 600w lamp in here so need to move air around so want to go big on fans. What do you think. @@The_Moog

• Like 1

well that kinda back ground fan hum, like slight feedback on a stereo if that makes sense. If you got the dough fast forward to the 4amp sms hybrid, great bit of kit.

Yeah, I think I will buy right first time. 5 yr warranty with it too.

it depends on what make/type of fans your getting, if you go down the ruck route, i'd recommend either the 6" L which shifts (760m3/hour)

or the 8" A which shifts (820m3/hour) for your outtake & go with the 5" L (350m3/hour) or the 6" A (470m3/hour) for the intake.

also, heres a few pics of a 5" & a 6" fan & a few of a 6" x 600mm rhino filter in my 1 x 1 x 1.8m tent to give you an idea

of what a big filter looks like in a tent similar in size to your grow box.

5in and 6in   Ruck fans specs

6in x 600mm rhino

6in x 600mm rhino filter with a 6in Highpower Rvk

rhino filters specs

• Like 8

You want to get your hands on an STR controller or follow the Variac builds in Joint Hoggers sig. They will be silent with no hum, anything bigger than a 5" hums unless its on a step or variac type controller.

Your grow room is coming along well.

Edited by ditchthedealer
  • Like 2

If your planning to grow all year, you'll need to add some form of heating, i used to grow in an attached uninsulated garage for a few winters

& the cold fucked the plants up, once its below 18c, the plants stop feeding & you also run the risk of mold.

its also a good idea to check to see if the garage is light proof at night with the cabs door open & your standing outside to check (if it matters that is) ;)

• Like 3

I was thinking about a 6 and 8 inch fan in and out along with a big Rhino filter. Acoustic ducting.

I'm planning on having a 600w lamp in here so need to move air around so want to go big on fans. What do you think. @@The_Moog

I think I'd follow Joint Hogger's advice mate :yep:

• Like 2

@@Ital @@The_Moog @@Joint hugger @@ditchthedealer

Thanks all for chipping in. I couldn't do this without your help so thank you. I have been smoking since the mid eighties but only now taking up growing, that tells you something lol

The plan is to do a few runs of autos to start my jars off quickly so I will be trying the @@blackpoolbouncer techniques and using 24hr light so I don't imagine I will need a heater to start with but definitely down the line.

I don't think I will try building my own controller, I'm all fingers and thumbs, can you give me a link to an str controller, I have searched but to no avail, are they comparable to the sms hybrid? Can they control temps and humidity? In and out fans?

I have the day off today and a long weekend next week so will wrap this build up and start the installation of lights, vents etc ASAP. I am happy to order online as soon as a decision is made on what to buy.

Cheers.

• Like 4

@@4plenty Were not allowed to put up links but it looks like this, the one in the bottom left corner of the image.

IMG 20140915 140522

I got mine from ebay under the name variac fan speed controller.

• Like 3

Busy day.Busy,busy.

I hung the door, I pulled this out of a skip so freebie

20160317 162123

I put a cross member in the ceiling for hanging lights etc

20160318 114822

I notched out the back wall ready to receive the timber.

20160318 115535

Timber all joined up, this can take all the weight of a filter and fans etc

20160318 121152

Got the insulation in

20160318 135000

20160318 151401

Done for the day

20160318 153412

So i've still got the floor to do. It will be done tomorrow.

Researching tonight, controllers, fans, ballasts..!!!

Thank you for looking in.

• Like 6