my trial run of dutch passion autos

vince noir rock n roll star

Glad to see your bio tabs exploits are showing signs of life! I've just banked my entire next crop on them, with coir :-)

Great meeting you, again, at the DF cup!

:smokin:

eta

Think different looks like its going to be a bit of a corker :-)

Edited by Hatchy420

funnily enough hatchy today ive noticed some proper nasty stuff going on on the lower leaves ,i think its just an adjustment to the sheer nutrients available and with a few plain waterings should level itself out ..if not then meh no worries ..

due to necessity the tent has been put into 12/12 mode mainly to finish some plants in time for xmas ,plus most of the autos are now at 12" tall which is perfect flowering height .

• Like 1

the starryder runt hasnt reached its stride yet but ..im still holding out hope for a record breaking yeild from her

gallery_20433_12503_104892.jpeg[/url]

think different is a total joy to grow ..seed into soil add water makes its own sauce as frank would say ..such an easy hardy plant ,beginners would do well with a couple of these ,plenty of time flowering to learn about how they grow .

gallery_20433_12503_34140.jpeg[/url]

same with the auto nightqueen ..so far all ive done is put it in soil and water

gallery_20433_12503_128625.jpeg[/url]

starryder 2 is chuggin along nicely ..

once this lot are out of the way im gonna have another bash at the colorado cookies ,but i have a plan ...a cunning plan ...

• Like 4

funnily enough hatchy today ive noticed some proper nasty stuff going on on the lower leaves ,i think its just an adjustment to the sheer nutrients available and with a few plain waterings should level itself out ..if not then meh no worries ..

due to necessity the tent has been put into 12/12 mode mainly to finish some plants in time for xmas ,plus most of the autos are now at 12" tall which is perfect flowering height .

Ah. Thanks for the heads up VN!

I am going to germinate in small peat pots with startex then put into finals soon after germination, with 1 tablet at the bottom of the peat pot.

I think I'll start with sweet seeds trainwreck as it can handle nutes :-)

Wishing you a very stoney sunday!

H

• Like 1

Ah. Thanks for the heads up VN!

I am going to germinate in small peat pots with startex then put into finals soon after germination, with 1 tablet at the bottom of the peat pot.

I think I'll start with sweet seeds trainwreck as it can handle nutes :-)

Wishing you a very stoney sunday!

H

changed my mind. Going to do coco/compost mix, to start them with water

its all go in the tent at the moment ,had to go to 12/12 for xmas ..but this aint a bad thing as the think different and auto night queen are both at the height id like them to be .this means a fair ammount of buddage from them ,ive repotted the bigger of the two starryders ,the little runty one has by the looks of things realised whats going on and has grown a leaf ..gallery_20433_12503_55377.jpeg[/url]

gallery_20433_12503_111539.jpeg[/url]

gallery_20433_12503_26884.jpeg[/url]

all are just being given water at the moment ,the bio tabs seem to be working

• Like 2

sunday ,gotta say ive done very little with the plants this week other than water them ..and i have to say they look perfectly alright considering we had a distinct drop in night time temps this week ,i expected a little more yellowing but nope they holding theyre own .

all have finally realised they are under 12/12 lighting so should over the next week really start flowering ,even the little runty starryder ,a whole 3 inches of plant ..the other starryder has turned into a bit of a beast ,same with the think different ,which i believe if hadnt been turned to 12/12 would probably branch out and over take everything else .strong genetics that one ..

gallery_20433_11982_10444.jpg[/url]

gallery_20433_11982_78567.jpg[/url]

gallery_20433_11982_20758.jpg[/url]

til next week keep on keepin on ..cant wait til these are done so i can get cracking with some colorado cookies again .

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

oky doky doodle found five minutes so grabbed so pics today ,something did occur to me as well ill check out later ,a while back i thought id snapped off the top of a crystal candy plant but it may have actually been the think different ,if thats the case then ive never heard of the top of an auto rooting on its own ...but ill get bback to ya on that ..

anyways ,so far the plants have done ok ,theyre all a lot taller than i usually care for but its not an issue at the moment ,the auto night queen did suffer a little bit of a lock out due to the excessively cold nights weve had this week ,but the tube heater is in play now and yellowing has stopped ,lost a few leaves ,little baby starryder has just realised that she is in fact a plant and has shown two preflowers ..the other starryder needs to be told that it is not a redwood tree so ive had to snap the stretchy girl over ,she may be this tall simply because ive given her a bigger pot than i would normally give a starryder so shes spread her roots out a bit more ..either way its all good .

after this tent full is done i shall be retiring the dutch passions for a couple of months to allow other things to take place then i plan on coming right back with the colorado cookies around springtime next year ..so when this is done ..watch this space .

gallery_20433_12503_111196.jpg[/url]

gallery_20433_12503_28562.jpg[/url]

gallery_20433_12503_13752.jpg[/url]

gallery_20433_12503_14953.jpg[/url]

gallery_20433_12503_57861.jpg[/url]

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

it is with great regret that due to my stupidity ive killed the starryder ,the think differents ..utter craziness that an inch of a door not being opened has caused this ..but the auto night queen is still alive ,another few weeks hopefully and she will be done ,so this diary will only focus on the end of her ..next year though will be colorado cookie time .

gallery_20433_11982_9078.jpg[/url]

gallery_20433_11982_16908.jpg[/url]

your never too old to make stupid mistakes folks ..

don't beat yourself up about in Vince, put it to the back of your mind an onwards with the new crop. Was it lack of air or temperature problems that did the damage or something else?

• Like 2

the tent is situated in a very small room and the door to that room must stay at least an inch open to allow for heat exchange and fresh air in ..it was shut from 7 am til about 7pm ,the temp in the room rose to a steady 35 degrees ..the tent was a bit warmer because of the addition of the new hps lamp .20 years that door has been kept open ..luckily the night queen seems to be able to take extremes of heat and cold ..

• Like 1

I feel for you man. Had 2 think different in a scrog 8 weeks from seed, went away for 5 days and left detailed instructions,an important one was open the door an inch or two. Arrived home to dead crispy plants.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

id forgotten all about one plant in this diary ..and shes a little beauty ..the starryder runt now a good 14inches tall and looking handsome and like its going to produce one solid bud ..pleasing ..the other plant is the auto night queen which to say is frosty is an understatement it truly is a resin monster

gallery_20433_11982_34431.jpg[/url]

gallery_20433_11982_2823.jpg[/url]

gallery_20433_11982_38716.jpg[/url]

• Like 3

the auto night queen which to say is frosty is an understatement it truly is a resin monster

Mmmmmmm and don't that resin smell sweet?

Like strawberry nesquik powder IMO

Edited by teehee