autodog 3: Frisian duck + autos

@@madgraham

i think patience is the problem.....!

i'm gonna hold out, thanks for the advice. i've got a 100x loupe turning up so be it a bit easier to spot than the 60x i've been using.

fingers crossed on eeking out the last bit of sunshine this summer will give us!

• Like 1

@@madgraham would like to give Bio Bizz a try out soon to get more organic. I've used Plant Magic for coco, works well.

Went out to inspect the buds this morning and found 2 plants with a few bits of mold. First time I've found any with the Ducks.

As with the autos I think it's going to be mold that sets the crop time more than trich colour in my grow. I've taken the best buds off my Purple Maroc, 2 lovely big colas, and made a start on the Ducks. When you see mold, there is always more that you can't see so I'm harvesting the Ducks over a couple of weeks, day by day.

I'm realising - looking at the 2 dozen heads that I've cut and trimmed today - that I've grown a monster amount of weed from 3 Duck seeds. Bit staggered. Need a smoke. Reach for the trusty Durban....

@@skive Mine is just a x60 works well and has a light.@@autodog You only realise how much you have when you start trimming it. I got about 240 gm from 3 last year and was not counting small buds which make great BHO along with the trimmings. waste nothing.

Just checked on them no mould although the green duck has purple coming through and looks like the whole plant has mould. Bad light to look at it all ok. You lot have now got me thinking of chopping a few colas just found one really dense with good weight.

Calm down Calm down, there is only a few weeks to go.

Edited by madgraham
  • Like 1

gallery_96585_12382_408803.jpg

Here's a sample of dry Duck weed, windfall buds. Too early to say much about flavour except it's soft and sweet. The main thing, it's strong straight away. I love the fresh early high. The crop and drying has started. I have sussed a plan to dry all outdoor bud, too stoned to act for a while.

I guess apart from making a smoke report about all the DP strains I grew during this diary - will do this later , I'm done.

Busy days ahead.

Will start a new thread about my Blue Forest Blues indoor grow and continuing work with the Sweet Tooth f2 soon, plus some brand new DP autos fems and regs if time and space allows. I don't know where the grow is leading yet. The diary has led my grow. The autodog my avatar bounds ahead and I can barely keep up with the ****er.

It's been a journey.

Thanks for all good wishes and support from all who liked and contributed. I was really lucky to find help from top outdoor grower @@912GreenSkell, in particular @@DutchPassionTony and team.

These seeds are absolutely solid and the plants are a joy to grow, harvest and smoke.

Lovin the Passion

Edited by autodog

More bud than you know what to do with? Welcome to my world my friend! :D Bask in the glory of the green(or in this case the purple) buddy! Excellent growing and great journal writing.

@@skive - Looks awesome man!! Well fellas my weather is falling apart here in cannada. I am pretty sure i will have to chop both the Blueberry and the Duck at the same time...looks out cause i will be trimming for 2 weeks straight every day to finish off the season.

Autodog what a season. Can't remember if ur in the competition of diaries but yours is my favourite by far. Iv loved reading it and learning with you. All the peace and love in the world is being sent ur way. Happy growing 👍🌱

• Like 1

I have just found a bit of mould on lower branches so I am having to start my harvest. I tried a bit that came off last week and it left me very happy for a while before I got on a cleaning kick. Good green always does this to me.

@@912GreenSkell I have just read your guide to outdoor growing, was always told not to use manure but i'm off to get some well rotted down stuff from the stables where my son works and get it dug in. Ive heard about your weather over there, my friend said she had snow in Edmonton after 2 weeks frost on saturday, so better off inside chopping.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow !!! My Duck diary has been pinned up. Cool. Let's celebrate. Here's a revegged clone of the best Duck. They seemed all the same until late flower but this has green bud leaves to the end and better buds. I've saved this to go next season, maybe indoors too.

gallery_96585_12486_546.jpg

This is my outdoor training system I developed while following some trails suggested by @912 GreenSkell. Cheers dude hope you like this

gallery_96585_12486_811162.jpg

@@walnutpolecat thanks you're a beauty !

@@madgraham - Our location isnt quite as early ending as edmonton, but when the season ends it definitely ends!! Harvest went great over here. I have grown many plants 1kg dry using only horse manure and dolomite lime.

@@autodog - Well done on the diary man! Great to see its been pinned to the top as its a great resource thread. Excellent stuff man, take it easy! This sucks...the one pic that wont load for me is the one pic you want to show me. (rolls eyes) Will try again tomorrow. Oh hey - think fast = Dynamite smoke? What do you think?

@@912GreenSkell hi dude cheers ! Im really pleased with Fast, she's been chopped to dry for a week or 2, some good colour, cant wait to smoke some of this. Lovin your mass ice hash method ! I guess the ice water is harvested from outdoors and not from the supermarket.

Rock on buddy

@@912GreenSkell hi dude cheers ! Im really pleased with Fast, she's been chopped to dry for a week or 2, some good colour, cant wait to smoke some of this. Lovin your mass ice hash method ! I guess the ice water is harvested from outdoors and not from the supermarket.

Rock on buddy

Hope the smoke on your think fast compares to the smoke on mine...it some of the best outdoor i have even grown in my life. Please get some closeups of the dried bud if you can.

Oh the error pic loaded!! Excellent branch structure, and look nearly identical to my stalks. I am super happy to see the techniques working over there in the clouded rainy darkness. Thanks for "stepping out on a limb"(hehehehehe) and giving them a go.

We have excellent water from an underground artisan spring that i make hash with. Pure and simple right from the garden hose.