autodog 3: Frisian duck + autos

gallery_96585_12486_420720.jpg

Weighing up the outdoor autos, costs and benefits.

Altogether 5 different DP autos, in packs of 3 seeds, total 15 seeds. Used no.13 seeds. Lost 2 euforias in germ, 1 Mazar in veg.

10 mature autos.

Auto varietys used:

Frisian Dew ( April ) x3 1 big plant 22g 1 x 10g 1 x 5g 37 g

Durban Poison ( May ) x3 1 great plant, 40g. 2 @ 7g 54 g

Euforia ( June ) x3 poor germinating, my bad. 1 mature plant 4.5g

Mazar (July) x3 9g 2 grown to maturity, 1 eaten by slugs 8.5g

Colorado Cookies ( July ) x1 23g 1 in 15l pot, indoor/outdoor 22.5g

This by my stoned estimation about 126g total.

What were the costs of seeds and grow ?

15 Seeds about £5 each. Uber Postage, say £10........well under £100

Mesh protection and slug barriers and pellets less than £50

Decent ferts for land and pots up to £40

Round up costs to £200 for the auto grow, so for me, costs were about £20 per plant and average yield per seed wetted = 10g

So... I estimate my costs per gram to be about 65p, £45 per oz

4 and a half dry oz of sweet outdoor weed. This has kept us well all summer.

I've overestimated all my costs but not my weights.

So for an unplanned first outdoor auto trial I'm really pleased. Harvest starts in July, not October as with trad canna.

This technique, auto/photos could make me self sufficient using only outdoor weed for the year using Ducks and autos.

I haven't seen my baby's for abit now it's been 4days hope there ok going to put them into flowering this week see what happens

Madman I hope they're ok.

@@autodog and @@Madman

how are your ducks looking?

patio duck is loving this sunshine we keep getting. she was beasted by the rain the other night but all OK and the branches were all good.

pistils turning red and trichs looking great so far, buds filling out nicely. the purples through it are awesome.

i had the 9th as a provisional chop day which is 8 weeks from start of flower but thinking it might need a bit more, sun seems good for the next week and a bit down this way so might wait a little, tempted to do a staged harvest as well....

i can't stand the wait!! haha

Whoa bad arithmatic. £1.50 ish per g

Give 'em a 25-30 day power start under 24hours of lights, and see how the numbers change!! :)

My duck is doing amazing!! She is going to pull major weight for sure, Giant thick purple colas now.

I feel like the end of the road is close for the Ducks. Colours are fading to autumn, buds are heavy. I've been drying and smoking the windfall buds, lovely soft smoke. I enjoy the early smoke of all my plants. All the main buds very firm and good sized. Pretty good weather still. I'm watching the Purple Maroc closely because it's just a few days ahead of the Ducks and doing very well.

The Forest Dreams and SweetTooth f2 @@bill cooper. About a week behind the Ducks, plenty of good ganja, no mould, looking amazing and will finish well, fingers crossed.

will show these later

gallery_96585_12486_7934.jpg

This plant had a hard start in the spring. Got munched, ripped by me and chucked. Rescued 3 days later and completely chopped and regrown successfully. I've loved her for growing back, a champion.

gallery_96585_12486_133984.jpg

This is my most mature plant likely to be cropped any day if I find mould or the weather turns bad. Some nice buds on this, 6" stacked colas, pistils brown and fading.

gallery_96585_12486_17736.jpg

@skive@912GreenSkell great to know the Ducks doing so well, good luck to the finish. Touching wood, no mould seen yet on any of my

photo-period plants. Some miracle because we've had plenty of rain. These are tough old birds.

Breezy today, so hard to get a picture.

Skive I just checked to see my prov date for 8 week flower is on the 9th also. Sunday. I'll go with the weather. I have some more cooked than others so I could prob start chopping some buds at the weekend :-)

@autodog@912GreenSkell my Durban poison worked out at 33p per gram. Next year I hope to make it about 15p per gram. The ducks are looking like Autodog's I think 912 you have the biggest. The weather has not been bad no mould and most tricones are milky biggest cola is about 12 inches. From an earlier post I would say Im not too far away from Autodog as in distance and lat. Mine started flowering around 26th aug so Im letting them go till 21st longer if need be but Im getting hassle from the missus. I have got a same bud which fell off last week and its dry so I'll smoke that later. I fed them yesterday and am not sure if that will be the last one even without flushing for 2 weeks ,they are still a good smoke without it. I am still trying to do pictures but no luck yet. Best of luck to you both with harvests.

@@skive Yeah a staged harvest is a good idea. Gonna be a big harvest and I'm tight on space just a small tent to dry them in. what colour are your tri cones? I normally take them half milky half amber.

• Like 1

@@skive Yeah a staged harvest is a good idea. Gonna be a big harvest and I'm tight on space just a small tent to dry them in. what colour are your tri cones? I normally take them half milky half amber.

trichs are looking milky. no ambers as yet. pistils turning red and withdrawing.

got a trip to the dam for 3 nights on the 16th which couldn't come at a worse time!

i'll either be drying or curing......can get the wife on the burping but a bit much to ask her to chop it down :)

tempted to do monday for the 1st chop and the saturday after for the rest.

• Like 1

Will start to crop any day now. The Maroc is going to take a hair cut today to crop the best 3 colas, and some prime Duck bud too.

Great excitement. Can't believe how good the weather has been for autumn and summer and how well my plants have grown for me.

gallery_96585_12486_463325.jpg

For an all round good outdoor plant the Duck is hard to beat. I have grown 4 outdoor varietys this summer. Will grow this again. Perfect for the garden and patio.

gallery_96585_12486_349238.jpg

@autodog@912GreenSkell my Durban poison worked out at 33p per gram. Next year I hope to make it about 15p per gram.

Yeah I overloaded my expenses.

Say I already have laying around pots, compost, mesh, feed, slug protection for photo period plants and then I grow autos off the back of the photo grow.

15 seeds =£75

Lose 5 plants but yield half an oz from 10 plants = 5 oz / 140g

Cost for me is only £0.20p per gram !

Needless to say the pots and mesh get used over again many times but start up costs can add up.

Re feeding the outdoor plants. Once in the prepped soil - fish blood bone powder and chick pellets, they've had almost nothing. In pots, and vegging,not much.

@@skive I reckon my Ducks will be down next week. Haven't worked out how I'll dry it yet ! A trip to Dam sounds good. Yours probs won't need jarring till you get back. Now I need to scope the Duck trichs...

• Like 1

@@skive I would wait till you have amber in there, I always go 50/50 on amber won't hurt them to go a bit longer. Dam you lucky sod, aint been there for years. @@autodog have you checked the tri cones yet, be patient and let them go a bit longer just keep checking for mould. As for drying the big buds will take 5 days to dry in a tent with a fan going or a shed with windows blocked. fortunately smell is not a problem unless your up close. As for feed I have been using Bio Bizz £10 a litre and its organic.

Edited by madgraham