autodog 3: Frisian duck + autos

@@autodog I grew 3 DP's and got about 120 gms from them dry. A very nice uplifting buzz that does not smell too bad. mine were in a GH and were harvested at 82 days. Will definitely do them again next year. On Dutch Passion site it says you can do 100 gm per plant so next year I am going to spoil them a lot more than I did this year.

My 5 have now become 10 due to a mate having to move his. All Dutch Passion Ducks from same batch. 8 are purple and 2 are green. Having never seen green ones before I wonder if they will go purple, either way I'm sure it will be a good smoke. Last year I did Hollands hope which can go green or purpled got 3 purple and 2 green. About 3 weeks into flower now can't wait to harvest mid October just hope the weather stays good. getting a lot of yellow leave dropping off daily now. I did chop the tops back in july and each plant has 4 colas all looking good. If I can work out how to use the gallery I will post pics but its like banging my head against a brick wall.

Sounds good on your Durbans @@madgraham, nice yield. I'm guessing the green house got quite warm this summer.

I've harvested all 3 of my auto Durbans now. Day 120 something. The biggest was 40g dry which I'm really happy about.

Just cropped my auto Euforia at day 102, the only one I have. The yield may only dry to a henry but I'm really looking forward to smoking this one.

How did the Hollands Hope turn out? I fancy trying this next time if the Ducks don't take all the spaces.

Nice, your Ducks flew home and you got someone else to veg them first !

Re the pics to gallery etc. This took me ages to suss but the first thing to get is how to resize the images. I use an old tablet device for taking pics and posting them to gallery to make it simpler.

gallery_96585_12486_568959.jpg

This is my green pheno, the Bramble Duck. Falling under weight of rain soaked buds. Have taken a couple of snapped branches home to dry :-)

@@autodog yep the greenhouse was hot had to leave all vents and doors open. any idea how long you can leave autos go? Can you let them go too far? looking at the shade leaves the plant was not dying off when I chopped it. As for my Ducks Im fortunate enough to be close enough to go and shake them after rain. will get the loop out and start having a close look at them this week.

gallery_96585_12486_328166.jpg

Yes you probs can let autos go too long I just crop them when they look ready to the eye, pistils fizzling out, browning leaves.

I've done autos indoors over 115 days. Dutch Passion finishing times I find as advertised for indoors about 70 - 80 days depending on pot size etc. Outdoors can take longer depends on local weather and soil I guess for my garden about 100 days. Very new to this.@@madgraham

@@autodog thanks for that, Ive only been doing this 4 years. Started with a big tent 600 w lights and 8 inch extractor etc but never had much luck. Ive got rid of all that as I really couldn't keep temps down. You get so much advice that you don't know who to believe. For the last 2 years Ive just used GH and outside and am now confident in what I am doing. Very nice pic of ducks and budleah. It is all a learning curve and Ive learnt from my mistakes. Hopefully weather stays as it is till mid october the Ducks are quite resilient to mould but keep a close eye on them. The only real danger is an early frost then its a case of chop or cover. Good luck with your grow, looks like you've had a busy year.

• Like 1

I thought mine was a green phenol, but then all of the sudden whammo purple shines through! Certainly a late colouring.

the cheekiest bit of purple showing through......

real crap couple of wet and cloudy days, come on sunshine!!!

let's see if i've worked this photo jazz out......

frisian duck

patio duck

think we're there.....take photo on tablet, resize or crop on the device and then upload....boom!
plant is looking great and we got a little sun this afternoon!
  • Like 2

@@autodog thanks for that, Ive only been doing this 4 years. Started with a big tent 600 w lights and 8 inch extractor etc but never had much luck. Ive got rid of all that as I really couldn't keep temps down. You get so much advice that you don't know who to believe. For the last 2 years Ive just used GH and outside and am now confident in what I am doing. Very nice pic of ducks and budleah. It is all a learning curve and Ive learnt from my mistakes. Hopefully weather stays as it is till mid october the Ducks are quite resilient to mould but keep a close eye on them. The only real danger is an early frost then its a case of chop or cover. Good luck with your grow, looks like you've had a busy year.

Hey bud. Dont fear frost too much man. Every year my plants meet frost, and as long as they are healthy they do fine. I abandoned a late flowering plant last season, and not only did it meet frost many many nights, but it also got snowed on 3 seperate times between oct 15th and nov the 1st. I chopped it on the 1st thinking it would only be good for hash making, but wouldnt you know it, she turned into a great smelling and smoking herb, and i lost only a couple of grams from mold.

• Like 1

Hey 912 that reminded me of a bagseed plant I lost and found again one December next to the railway and very long ago. I saw it quite small, peeping up out of an early snowfall. No shit. Was probably a mild autumn etc.

Think it was male but smoked it anyway. I was a young dog.

Hey Graham it's been a very busy year for me and my gals. Been following my dream to learn to grow good weed, as many varieties in as many ways as I have time for. I've been trying to keep it all very straightforward, this is my preferred m.o. in all projects. I'm really trying to nail down the lines and methods that I want to develope in future. It's been a great year doing all this and it's brought lots of happiness and unexpected delight. Mrs. D has even offered to pose for Soft Secrets readers' wives :wink_kiss: Not sure about this but tempted...

let's see if i've worked this photo jazz out......

think we're there.....take photo on tablet, resize or crop on the device and then upload....boom!
plant is looking great and we got a little sun this afternoon!

boom! brilliant!

Oh yours is going to be purple i bet @@skive

Hope its okay i post a pic @@autodog , totally not jacking your thread my friend!

Bro you're my guru

gallery_96585_12486_161075.jpg

This is one of my best plants this summer or ever. She was vegged indoors 250w for 4 weeks. Then she's been outdoors in the sun most days and under lights most nights until I ran out of space indoors a couple of weeks ago.

15l pot. Soil.

This shows the training method I've stumbled into using. The branches are tucked under the wire rings and they stay in place as the plant matures and the limbs harden. I use a similar method for the later Ducks, just increase the diameter of the training ring. This method has worked well and the plants trained this way have stayed stable and not split and required very little tieing or other maintainance. It's also makes it easy to arrange the branches evenly around.

The auto Cookie often got fed whatever was going as is sometimes the case with the outdoor pots.

A proper pampered plant though. If I have time I also move her from morning to afternoon sun.

Of the several varieties I have grown outside, autos and photos, the auto Cookie is the smelliest by far! Wasn't expecting that. The smell is lush and I can smell it when walking up the garden sometimes. I will crop any day soon, but the weather is better again today and she's been noticeably bulking up the last few days. Can't wait to sample this one.

:oldtoker:

Edited by autodog

Hey bud. Dont fear frost too much man. Every year my plants meet frost, and as long as they are healthy they do fine. I abandoned a late flowering plant last season, and not only did it meet frost many many nights, but it also got snowed on 3 seperate times between oct 15th and nov the 1st. I chopped it on the 1st thinking it would only be good for hash making, but wouldnt you know it, she turned into a great smelling and smoking herb, and i lost only a couple of grams from mold.

I was always told to bring them in before frost, and will cover just to be safe. Mould is rare and like you it was only a few grams lost on 3 plants last year. As for frost a mate of mine worked for the parks department and found a GG in a busy town park in December after many frosts, they were cutting it down and his boss called the police. He managed to get 2 bin liners full and hide them. dunno what it was but it was a good smoke when dried.

@@autodog you are gonna LOVE the Colorado Cookie. It's my favourite smoke,,,,, no sneaky puffs mind you..... let it cure the full 4 weeks before you have any.... it just gets better and better the longer you leave it, the smells and tastes are really complex.

Keep up the good work Bro!

• Like 1

@@autodog you are gonna LOVE the Colorado Cookie. It's my favourite smoke,,,,, no sneaky puffs mind you..... let it cure the full 4 weeks before you have any.... it just gets better and better the longer you leave it, the smells and tastes are really complex.

Keep up the good work Bro!

Yeah i have to say i am looking for a regrow on the C Cookies...all 3 new DP varieties i did this summer are awesome!!