Rate your last watched Movie

MuffinMan

Ben Hur, the recent version. It could have been decent if they just didn't get plain silly, a man being dragged around by 4 horses but he's fine with that, no bother at all, he can just pull him self back up on his chariot and carry on the race, barely a mark on him lol

4/10

• Haha 1

You Can't Run Forever. Not sure where this fits in the Terminator franchise but J.K. Simmons plays the Terminator. 

In all seriousness though, it's really good. :yep:  More projects with Mr Simmons are needed, please. 

• Like 1

Rolling Thunder 1977 - gritty grindhouse revenge movie 9/10

Posted (edited)

Spanish midgets vs monster cocks

Was only ok

Edited by grotbags
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Abigail, not sure why someone in marketing decided to put spoilers in the trailer or thumbnail and thus ruin what could've been a quite smart reveal, anyway, it's a Raimi-esque style horror with a few funny bits. The script lets it down a bit towards the end.  

Edited by Saddam

Posted (edited)

South Park: The End of Obesity. lol  lol  lol  An important lesson on how to navigate the American Heathcare System.

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Atlas. :)  Hennifer Lopez vs some naughty robots. If you enjoyed the Alien, Avatar, Terminator, Starship Trooper and Matrix movies then you're in luck because this movie has basically stolen most of its ideas from those films. Ngl, it was much better than I expected, silly but quite entertaining.

I liked how the CPU was a connected with a 2 pin plug.

lol  

Edited by Saddam
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Gave The Creator a try, turned it off after about half an hour. Looks gorgeous but the plot is absolute nonsense. And I'm always puzzled when movies have supposedly highly sophisticated robots/AI/whatever with guns that couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo :rolleyes:

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 3

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga. Not as good as Fury Road but still a fairly decent addition to the franchise. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes. The last 2 minutes were pretty decent, other than that it was a pretty bland effort with a few Easter eggs mixed in for good measure for those old enough to remember actors struggling to deliver dialogue through latex masks.. Do remember apes on horseback catching humans? Do remember Nova? Do remember the doll saying 'mama'? 

Everyone dressed in rags but Freya Allan's character managed to find a Top Shop. lol  

The proportions all seem to fuck, 60kg chimpanzees riding horses look massive and a 160kg gorilla riding a horse looks small. I don't think any horse could support 160kg let alone gallop at full pelt supporting that weight. 

Anyway, more apes going ape shit. lol  

Edited by Saddam

Midsommar 

solid 8/10

Loved the unsettling nature of it, and the whole horror movie set in perpetual daylight vibe. Really worth a watch

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I thought it was good too @Cursed proper folk horror with a sense of creeping dread throughout, my kind of horror. Have you seen Hereditary, also written and directed by Ari Aster, I thought that was even better, proper headfuck.

Edited by Boojum
  • Like 2

Malignant (2021) There'll be a point where you might consider turning this one off and watching something else but I highly recommend you resist that temptation and stick with it. Fuck knows how but it's literally awful and brilliant at the same time while being fucking hilarious.  :notworthy:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm afraid I did turn it off, thought it was terrible. I fucking loathe James Wan, the Conjuring films are atrocious, glorifying a pair of Christian fundamentalist charlatans (and probable sexual abusers) who were partially responsible for the whole 'satanic panic' shit, and the films were disgustingly misogynistic too. Bloke's massively overrated (I thought the Saw & Insidious films were utter shite as well).

Edited by Boojum

If you didn't make it to the jail scene then you missed out, I was fucking crying. lol   @Boojum

• Haha 1