Amnesia OG Kush DinaFem seeds 2015/16

The Old Boy

They do ive never had any trouble with any dinafem seeds ive grown :) really can not wait to get the tank up and running after all these years

• Like 1

Day 9 of growth (since germination)

Light 400 hps

Light distance - 1.2m

Light Duration - 20 hours

temperature Day / Night - (26ºC/21ºC)

Humidity level - 70% at the moment (will be dropped in flower)

pH level - 6.0

EC - 1.0

Out of 4/5 seeds (I always keep 1 back in storage) for a rainy day ;) All four plants are now sat In the top tank of the nft system waiting for roots to show though these six inc rockwool cubes.. out of the four the best to will be place into the tank in full running mode will pump speder matt and corex cover set into place the other 2 plants will be placed into soil and grown be side the hydro set up all being well :)and if these 2 in the tank get to big the soil ones will be moved to a diffrent grow room with same set up i was going to do all four in the tank but 4 plant in these massive cubes would be to much and they would all be fighting for the light.as hydro grown plants grow so much bigger and faster

Edited by The Old Boy
  • Like 2

Nice to hear that you have a 100% germination rate this is always a good start to a grow :)

All the best

D-M

E2a-Will look forward to a picture update :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello all it has been a couple of weeks since I last updated as been having a few crazy issues one is the matter of living in a mad house with four kids and second having to much going on and got a bit lazy with this grow as ive got two others on at the same time and keeping my mums alive ;)

So first off I had a problem with my nft grow with the two amnesia kush in as in my 10years plus of growing in NFT tanks ive always used 3/4inc rockwool cubes that sit into the top tray on the tank ,but this time I thought I would give these massive 6 inc ones a go as ive got plenty of head room for the plants to grow to there full potential(more root space=happier yielding plants)

So my probblem with doing this the bigger the cubes the more water is present for longer and being used to the smaller ones I didnt let them dry out more on a different pump cycle as I always used to use a 24/7 slow flow and them turnup the pace later on so I ended up with(base stem rot on pheno 2) pheno 1 was ok for a reason I didnt know why...

After finding out about my issues I took cutting off both plants and labeled them selection 1 and 2 all cuttings rooted yippee

plant 2 I pulled and bined as all the base of the stem was rotten all the green growth was greatish but over time it would have died ..Plant 1 I decided to cut the roots out of speeder matt and stick the whole plant into a pot full of perlite 10litre pot under the 400 watt light by its self a carry on........

So at the moment its being a HAND WATERED HYDRO PLANT BEING FED THE SAME NUTES AS THE NFT SET UP im now at the second week of flower with this plant and its doing fine whooop whooop

All cuttings will be placed into another set up 400w light a 424nft tank and the same size growroom just the same in time ,but just for now sat into cubes in a mothe/veg room under a the mother veg light

LIFE AND GROWING IS ALWAYS A LEARNING CURVE ive been growing over 15 years and still learning every day

So with the plant in the hand water hydro is doing amazing its been pinched once , all the lower suckers have been strimmed also lower leaves to.

Room temp (day) 27c

(night 23c)

Humidity 50% will be took to 40% over the next week

watered by hand once a day at lights on

EC1.6

There will be a netting and home made frame work to support this amnesia og kush as both PARENT strains(variety) love to have stretchy internodes so support is needed..

@@Dinafem-Mark sorry about the few issues im having but over the next few weeks I will be back on track..onwards and upwards as they say!!! All the best The Old Boy

• Like 2

No need to say sorry mate, we all run into issues from time to time, this is growing :). When I was using a wilma system about 8 years ago it came with 11l square pots which I had filled with hydroton clay pebbles and set on a timer for 4 x 15 minute waterings a day which was great for several years. Then air-pots came around about 6 years ago and I swapped to them as they fitted the system perfectly. With the design of the air-pots upraised bottom they hated the 4 x 15 minute waterings but loved 24/7 slow drip, if it was the 4 x 15 min waterings I would in say week 4 of veg start to get root rot, I experimented and found that 24/7 slow drip worked the best.

When we swap to new mediums/method.sizes etc we can encounter problems. Glad to hear you are getting past them and on track to a good harvest.

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1

In my years ive had plenty of issues but never had stem rot grrrr lol I will post a picture when my kids are in bed :) but trust me she has very long intenodes on this one ive done a fair few og and og crosses that love to stretch but this is a tall one might be todo with growing hydro in perlite as this has happened before years ago with a magnus genetics double dutch I had in perlite or down to the amnesia and og together. ;)

This time round it will be 3/4 water feeds a day in the next setup with the clones on a slow water speed so plenty of time to dry out ;) ;) ;)

• Like 2

Also this PAK on a 3month cure is amazing every who tries it is blown aways with its unique taste very nice ;) ;)

As soon as I smoked the pak I knew she would be loved by all who tries her. She has it all. Beautiful plant and some top shelf end product that has such a lovely sweet pineapple smell. Beautiful strain and after 3 months cure I bet she is even better :)

All the best

D-M.

• Like 1