Moby Dick and Bubba Kush

shire

I have finally got these seeds going yay, so apologies Mark for the late start to this diary with only 3 weeks of 2015 left.

Anyways, really excited about both of these strains and am looking forward to the grow very much :)

I will be using a mix of 600w hps and a 75w led for the lighting in veg and flower. At the moment they are under a 110w cfl propagation light as they are still only a few days old . I will be growing in coco, using Bio Nova a/b and rhizotonic for the nutrients and growing the plants in 6L square pots.

I soaked 8 seeds in tepid water for 24hrs, all the seeds cracked and were put in small pots filled with warm seedling soil. All had broken through within 48 hours-ish. I did manage to lose one due to me dropping them after a few beers at the weekend, oops! So that leaves 3 x MD and 4 x BK to grow.

A few pics from tonight to get this very late diary going..

Bubba Kush

gallery_72178_12083_230498.jpg

Moby Dick

gallery_72178_12083_243752.jpg

gallery_72178_12083_9190.jpg

• Like 7

No worries about the late start mate. Thank you for getting this up always good to have another Dinafem grow to look forward to.

By the look of things 100% germination with 1 lost lol

All conditions sound bang on your going to be giving the girls a lovely home :)

Again thank you for the Grow diary mate. I'll be popping in daily :)

All the best

D-M.

• Like 2

good luck with the grow @@shire

Thanks mate. looking forward to both strains, hopefully happy and healthy all the way :)

@@shire best of luck with them. Got some MD CBD in the fridge so I will pull up a chair if you don't mind.

Get yourself comfy mate, I'll be watching for you doing the cbd version, cheers

No worries about the late start mate. Thank you for getting this up always good to have another Dinafem grow to look forward to.

By the look of things 100% germination with 1 lost lol

All conditions sound bang on your going to be giving the girls a lovely home :)

Again thank you for the Grow diary mate. I'll be popping in daily :)

All the best

D-M.

Thanks D-M , looking forward to having some nice strong Sativa and Indica smokes from these. Yes there "was 100% germination rate" lol

Edited by shire
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

So that's the plants around day 21 from seed. They are still in under the 110W propagation light in the DS60, on 1ml A/B and 1ml rhizo. Now in 5" pots for another week then into the 2.4 tent and into their final 6L pots. Temps are all good and light is on 20/4.

Few pics from today and hope all are having the finest of festive seasons :oldtoker:

gallery_72178_12083_238329.jpg

gallery_72178_12083_15519.jpg

gallery_72178_12083_228603.jpg

• Like 5

They look like they are coming along very well. Nice healthy green with nice internode spacing, not to much stretch. They look great :)

Thank you for the picture update very much appreciated keep up the good work it will pay of in the end :)

All the best

D-M.

• Like 2

Cheers Mark. The plants are about a month old now and still under the 110 w propagation light , they are coming along. Will be going into the bigger tent in about a week. then the 600 hps will be on them in their final pots :)

Couple of pics from tonight

gallery_72178_12083_122533.jpg

gallery_72178_12083_120252.jpg

• Like 3

I must say that the lower watt cfls,t5s etc do keep the plants a lot more squat and look to reduce the stretch?..

These are going to explode when in there final pots and under the hps :)

Nice update and thank you for the pictures very much appreciated.

All the best

D-M.

• Like 2

Looking sweet @@shire, glad I happened to pop in during the early days :)

@Dinafem-Mark

Don't know what it is about tubes mate but every plant I've ever put under them has loved the experience, much better than CFL's yet the same thing really, must be the evenness of light and heat etc.

• Like 2

@@botanics whatever you are doing keep doing it mate. The plants look to love the environment so if it ain't broke. I was just surprised at how uniform and little stretch you had. I think it is because I'm used to hps for everything. Are they t5 strip lights mate?

All the best

D-M.

• Like 2

Cheers Mark, I put them under the 600 last night and super cropped all the main stems. I usually top my plants but this time just trying to get the shape I want from bending them :)

Hi @@botanics, thanks for popping in. I have very high hopes for both these strains. So far so good :)

Plants will be potted up into the final 6L pots next couple of days and are currently on on 1.5l A/B and 1ml Rhizo.

Pic from tonight...

gallery_72178_12083_191552.jpg

Hope all are nicely stoned :oldtoker:

Edited by shire
  • Like 3

They are going to love those extra lumens mate :). With a pot up imminent to they are going to thrive. They look great now bring on the bigger pots :)

Nice update as usual mate Keep up the great work.

All the best

D-M.

• Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark

Mark, the best vegging setup I've ever had was my old 5 foot T8 tubes mate I put together a bank of single fixtures bought from leccy wholesaler for cheap (ended up with a panel light that was 5 foot long by 2 foot wide, put 2 warm whites and 3 daylights in them and the plants loved them, lush green growth and never any bother (couldn't move it up or down though cos was too heavy so used staging for the plants and gradually lowered them from the lamps) :yep: A bit slower than HPS but brilliant for veg ;)

Edited by botanics
  • Like 2

@Dinafem-Mark

Mark, the best vegging setup I've ever had was my old 5 foot T8 tubes mate I put together a bank of single fixtures bought from leccy wholesaler for cheap (ended up with a panel light that was 5 foot long by 2 foot wide, put 2 warm whites and 3 daylights in them and the plants loved them, lush green growth and never any bother (couldn't move it up or down though cos was too heavy so used staging for the plants and gradually lowered them from the lamps) :yep: A bit slower than HPS but brilliant for veg ;)

I don't know if you remember about 15 years ago maybe more the local councils were giving away 20w cfls/energy saving light bulbs. My first grow was heavy duty fruity under 20 of those cfls under a hand made wooden reflector with 20 light fittings lol.

We all start somewhere since then I was hooked :)

All the best

D-M.

• Like 4