DinaFem Diary - Purple Afghan Kush

sn00py

A little update - Day 19 veg, and the plants are looking a little perkier. They've not been fed for 3 days or so, I may feed them tomorrow if they look like they need it.

@@Dinafem-Mark Do you know if it is a trait of the strain that the plants look a little droopy during veg? Just wondering - They are looking pretty healthy to me, so I am not unduly worried.

gallery_1006_11676_273061.jpg

• Like 3

My abc auto from dinafem also kinda drops a bit after 14-16 hours of light,i give them 4h of dark and they are back up.. thinking to swich on 18h just dont think they are soaking that last few hours of light for some reason. Temps spot on.

• Like 2

@@muffley Thanks for looking in mate :) Yes, they certainly seem droopier than my previous, however when they were potted up the roots looked nice and white, the leaves aren't showing any deficiencies and they are growing ... I'm hoping it's a trait of the strain and not something I've been doing - Time will tell I guess.

@@lennyboy Thanks dude, the cab has been good to use so far, I hope your grow goes well :)

This could be a strain trait lets see how things progress. You are one of the first pak diarys going so I know lots of people/growers are watching this strain. With your set-up you'll do great:)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 3

This could be a strain trait lets see how things progress. You are one of the first pak diarys going so I know lots of people/growers are watching this strain. With your set-up you'll do great:)

All the best

D-M..

No pressure then ha! Looking at some photos of pre-98 Bubba kush, I do see some similar leaves with a bit of a droopy look about them. Perhaps it is the Bubba's influence.

Either way, they are progressing nicely so far.

Cheers Mark :)

• Like 3

Mini update time! This is day 22 of veg, and the plants are looking great - They've had one more feed of PM grow, a little hydro-silicone and rootstim at an EC of 1.0 @ PH 5.9. They actually smell fairly skunky even now.

I'm happy with progress so far and I'm pretty convinced any drooping is a genetic trait and isn't indicative of an issue with them.

gallery_1006_11676_59852.jpg

• Like 5

@@Dinafem-Mark I can't really comment on any potential differences as my first grow used the 8l airpots - It went very well, and it seemed to set them up with a good root system for the autopots. This time around I've used 1l and will be using the 8l airpots - No complaints with them at all so far. :)

@@sn00py, m8 ive never tried the air pots but looking at yours i think i might order some tomorow now you,ve explained how easy it is to transplant mint :yes: and your p,a,k are really coming on now m8 look great they do fella :eek: wont be long and xmas time you,ll be :skin_up: some of the finest purple bud :headbang::thumsup::realcool: all the best fella,Chris.

• Like 2

@@chris48 Thanks Chris! I'd definitely recommend them for sure - I've not done a side by side comparison, but the plants I've grown really seem to take off in them, and they aren't expensive and they're durable so you can use them again and again. I find transplanting them a doddle, as long as the medium is pretty dry!

Good luck Chris, I've been keeping an eye on your grow too :)

• Like 3

Looking very nice,vibrant and healthy green mate. I will check with the breeding team about this droopy issue can you explain it a bit more please?..

Thank you for the picture update much appreciated :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

@@Dinafem-Mark No worries on the update Mark, to be honest I don't think it's an issue at all - Looking at the linage of the strain, I think it could be the pre '98 bubba kush influence. I've checked a few grows of it and the plants seemed to show a similar trait, the fan leaves looking a little droopy at lights on - Bare in mind however, this is only my 2nd grow so I can only compare to the previous grow.

As you say, they look a healthy green and are showing no deficiencies and they are growing noticeably on a daily basis. The plants have been a joy to grow and I can't wait to see how they get on in flowering, I think purple weed looks great so I am looking forward to see how they get on.

Thanks again for the seeds Mark, really do appreciate it. Dinafem are a top company.

• Like 1

Hello all. This is day 25 veg, the plants have been watered again every 4 days or so and this time around have had an EC of 1.3 @ PH 5.9. PM grow, PM rootstim and PM sydro-silicone.

Things are looking good to me so far .... I'm planning on topping them during the next 7 days and repotting to their final 15l autopots.

Cheers for looking!

gallery_1006_11676_359959.jpg

gallery_1006_11676_361408.jpg

Side on:

gallery_1006_11676_640228.jpg

.. and a group shot.

gallery_1006_11676_183704.jpg

• Like 7

Looking very nice mate. Super healthy looking and ready to really take off. Thank you for the picture update very much appreciated. .

All the best

D-M..

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 2

@@hashmaster3000 watering is much the same really, just a little slower and more care. If you dump all of it on top then you'll probably have something coming out of the sides, but taking an extra 30 seconds per pot is probably sufficient to stop that.

I don't know about the pots getting warmer or colder, at the moment I've got the lights on 24/7. They probably dry out a little quicker than normal, I am watering every 3 days or so now.

Cheers for looking in :)

hey Sn00py..have you ever tried rhizopots?you would love them.i use them and feeding from the bottom.try it:)

and yes good luck with the grow! :)

and g tools cabs are bloody great ;)

Edited by ANTHONY13
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, time for an update and an apology for lack of updates over the previous 3-4 weeks - laptop issues forced me offline temporarily however, as the great saying goes "weed waits for no man", so the grow has of course been progressing regardless.

I re-potted to their final 15l autopots around 3 weeks ago or so, maybe a little less. They were handwatered for a week and then the autopot system was hooked up and they've been bottom feeding since on a mixture of PM grow, rootstim and hydro-silicone: EC of 1.3-1.5, varying the PH between 5.8-6.3 (I had a cal def so had to add some calMag and pushed the PH up above 6.2 to help).

The roots looked pretty good when I potted them up! Better than my photography skills anyway ....

roots

They were vegged in total for around 5.5-6 weeks and this is how they looked before or just after the flip:
med_gallery_1006_11676_215670.jpg
I really haven't spent much time with them this time round - They were FIM'ed (badly) once and a few were supercropped over and that is all at this stage. A bit of a lazy grow really, so I am not expecting a massive harvest but we will see. In an ideal world I'd have invested the time to fill out the space and to get the canopy even, as you can (and will) see - this really isn't the case.

These are after 7 days of 12/12:

med_gallery_1006_11676_74564.jpg

med_gallery_1006_11676_144058.jpg

.. and this is as things stand today, day 12 of 12/12.

The right of the cab:

gallery_1006_11676_934779.jpg

and the left:

gallery_1006_11676_82823.jpg

So that is that! Things are progressing okay I think, they'll hopefully continue to stretch for another 7 days or so and then I'll change feeds to 'bloom'. I'll keep the thread updated ... Thanks for looking :)

• Like 2