DinaFem Diary - Purple Afghan Kush

sn00py

Hey guys - Time for a little update. We are around day 12 from when they went under the lights - upped now to 400w, still running 24/7 with temperatures a little on the warm side with the previous 2 days of 'sun' we've seen.

They are being fed every 3 or 4 days at an EC of 0.5. I plan on potting up at some point this week.

So, how's it all looking?

Through the cabinet door ...

gallery_1006_11676_382634.jpg

.. a group photo:

gallery_1006_11676_273178.jpg

... in more natural light (excuse the carpet!)

gallery_1006_11676_191778.jpg

Side on, just over 2" high or so.

gallery_1006_11676_261734.jpg

and a last photo ...

gallery_1006_11676_226594.jpg

all is progressing as expected so far, one or two of the plants are a little behind the others, but there was a 3 day difference between some of them showing above the rootriot. The 'strange' plant is still looking strange, only really growing on one side so far.

Thanks for looking, comments always appreciated.

• Like 4

Looking spot on fella. I have some questions if u dont mind. How do u repot with airpots i cant get my head around how the rootball slides out with that sort of pot with the sides not being smooth i just cant get my head round it havin never seen one. Do u have a pic of the plant with no pot? And the other thing is what is the blue "switch" type thing on the side of the pot? My apologies if they r dumb questions. Enjoy ur evening broskii

Eta , also how do u water them? Doesnt it just run out the sides?

Edited by hashmaster3000
  • Like 2

Looking spot on fella. I have some questions if u dont mind. How do u repot with airpots i cant get my head around how the rootball slides out with that sort of pot with the sides not being smooth i just cant get my head round it havin never seen one. Do u have a pic of the plant with no pot? And the other thing is what is the blue "switch" type thing on the side of the pot? My apologies if they r dumb questions. Enjoy ur evening broskii

Eta , also how do u water them? Doesnt it just run out the sides?

No problem at all mate :) The blue thing you can see unscrews and the airpot unwraps around the plant - It is probably easier to repot using these than your more traditional pots. Here is a plant without the pot from my previous grow:

airpot roots1

e2a, watering is simple, a little slower than normal and nothing really squirts out of the side.
Edited by sn00py
  • Like 4

Ahhh cool that explains it, thanks. What bout the watering is that done differently? And do u think the pots get colder easier than standard pots?

• Like 1

@@hashmaster3000 watering is much the same really, just a little slower and more care. If you dump all of it on top then you'll probably have something coming out of the sides, but taking an extra 30 seconds per pot is probably sufficient to stop that.

I don't know about the pots getting warmer or colder, at the moment I've got the lights on 24/7. They probably dry out a little quicker than normal, I am watering every 3 days or so now.

Cheers for looking in :)

• Like 5

@@hashmaster3000 watering is much the same really, just a little slower and more care. If you dump all of it on top then you'll probably have something coming out of the sides, but taking an extra 30 seconds per pot is probably sufficient to stop that.

I don't know about the pots getting warmer or colder, at the moment I've got the lights on 24/7. They probably dry out a little quicker than normal, I am watering every 3 days or so now.

Cheers for looking in :)

I agree with the watering in air pots it only takes a few more seconds to stop the water coming out the sides.

@@sn00py how do you find them yeild wise compared to traditional pots?

All the best and thank you for the picture update :), very much appreciated :bong:

D-M..

• Like 3

Nice one pal that clears that up nicely. Have u done a side by side with air and standard pots?

Hello I have with airpots vs traditional square pots on a wilma 8 pot system and the results were great.

I did this with 4 square pots and 4 airpots.

The standard pots were 11l vs the 6.5l airpots so a big decrease in medium. With much faster vigorous growth and a 25% yield increase.

This was hydro and have seen the same results with soil medium, coco I can not comment on but woukd guess the same..

All the best

D-M..

#makethemovetoairpots

• Like 4

@@Dinafem-Mark I can't really comment on any potential differences as my first grow used the 8l airpots - It went very well, and it seemed to set them up with a good root system for the autopots. This time around I've used 1l and will be using the 8l airpots - No complaints with them at all so far. :)

• Like 2

@@Dinafem-Mark I can't really comment on any potential differences as my first grow used the 8l airpots - It went very well, and it seemed to set them up with a good root system for the autopots. This time around I've used 1l and will be using the 8l airpots - No complaints with them at all so far. :)

You wont go back once you have used the air-pot,s. I think they have a few great features

1, reduced medium

2, easier to pot up due to the easy screw off sides

3, increased yield

This is just in my experience I would advise that anyone wanting to swap to air-pots do a simple test on your next grow, half air-pots v the same size round or square pots :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

Hey guys, just a little update.

I've spent the evening repotting the plants to their 8l airpots and watering them in with a mixture of PM grow, PM rootstim and a little hydro-silicone @ an EC of 1.0 and a PH of 5.8. They are now on a light schedule of 18/6 @ 400w. We are at day 16 of veg.

I'm hoping they'll take off a little now, some looked a little droopy (like they've been over-watered, but they haven't ...) Either way, they are looking green and growing so I am not too worried at this stage.

A quick photo:

gallery_1006_11676_983148.jpg

Thanks for looking in - Until next time.

:)

Edited by sn00py
  • Like 4

Easy @@sn00py, the cab looks well set up. Ive got the same strain and plan to kick it off this week, a little late for the christmas smoke but good things come to those who wait and all that :oldtoker:

• Like 1

@@muffley Thanks for looking in mate :) Yes, they certainly seem droopier than my previous, however when they were potted up the roots looked nice and white, the leaves aren't showing any deficiencies and they are growing ... I'm hoping it's a trait of the strain and not something I've been doing - Time will tell I guess.

@@lennyboy Thanks dude, the cab has been good to use so far, I hope your grow goes well :)

• Like 1