Where in dam is good these days?

supergfunk

Don't buy anything from the dampkring, its all shite, In fact I would never enter their premises again, with the arsehole on the door trying to be intimidating :wanker:

Which Dampkring did you go to @@mad elf.

I went the one near the flower market , the reason I ask is there where no doorstaff ,the barstaff were sound and the weed prima ,but I did read some reviews of a second dampkring elsewhere.(possibly the old pink floyd coffeeshop.)and by all accounts they were absolute horrible twats in there ,and I'm sure it said its now closed down or no longer carrying the dampkring name.

@@diesel's improvin Its the one on Haarlemmerstraat. I was smoking bongs, and I get bigger clouds through my vape. Was very poor quality and The tool on the door :wanker:

Phew ,it's not the one I visited, but have heard stories about the hospitality at the one you visited .

I do believe it is no longer a dampkring.

From what you describe the 2 places couldn't be more different.

• Like 1

Yep, I walked out of the dampkring 2. Formerly pink Floyd coffeeshop a couple years back, Rude as fuk in there the bud tender was. I won't be going back either.

Was gutted to see the old pink Floyd shop go. I was partial to a little umma gumma...

I don't think it's the same owners as the original dampkring, dunno why but I'm sure its different. The original dampkring is still good to go... :stoned:

But yeh, fuk dampkring2... :wanker:

• Like 1

I found Dampkring 2 the same, the one nearer the station, proper rude and a bit of an edgy place full stop compared to sub. I asked at the other Dampkring (where Ocean's Eleven was shot) about it and said they were totally separate. I asked how they were allowed to use the name but she didn't know. I got the feeling they were some issues over the name, as Dampkring 2 are getting customers of that name and reputation, as it is one of the most popular and well respected coffee shops imo.

Results = Dampkring on Handboogstraat is great and worth a visit. Dampkring 2 on Haarlemmerstraat is shit and full of wankers!

e2a formatting.

Edited by Mental Chops
  • Like 2

I've always been a staunch fan of the original dampkring and tweede kamer. However last time I was there the weed was meh, while the haze I got from dampkring 2 was the best I had all trip. And I'm not sure if the original dampkring and tweede kamer are still affiliated or if it's the owners of tweede kamer who opened the new dampkring :unsure:

The staff in the new one are utter dicks for sure.

• Like 1

Yep I love Dampkring the Original.

Dampkring 2 , I was short changed and the bud tender was a cunt.

I'm just back from a quick 2 days in the city. I just went To Katsu.Great as always , super chill local vibes and big menu , some lovely hash

Where's it close too?

I'm sure I've walked passed it a few times over the years. I defo have but when I intentionally want to go there, not a clue.... lol

Just off the albert cype market, about 5 minutes from the Heineken museum mate. De Pijp is a great area, close to the Leidseplein and museumplein

• Like 1

I wandered around there for ages looking for it on last trip...

It's a fukka of a city for losing one's marbles.

I'll have another gander on next trip then.. lol

Cheers bud.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Really do not want to give away my secrets but I'm a nice guy.

1e Hulp is my favourite place in The Netherlands - it's in Amsterdam but not central enough to be too touristy and not too far away to be hostile to non-locals. The strains are awesome, the seating arrangements are the best I've seen (comfy sofas and chairs no hard chairs like a cheap cafe restaurant). They even do Moon Rocks here on request but it'll cost you. Say hello to the house Cat too, she's lovely.

Other places I've enjoyed in Amsterdam are Happy Place (quite far south, near Park 118, as far south as De Pijp) - they were cool with you just buying a drink and smoking your own weed there. Same goes for Bass Joe, which is around the Red Light District - but the owner said only because they were not busy I could go in, buy a drink and smoke my own. I had got rejected from several others on a Monday night because I was not prepared to buy their weed (Jolly Joker and Goa, to name drop a two) even though they had several tables empty and it was pouring with rain outside.

I dislike most of the Bulldogs in Amsterdam because I find them too busy, noisy and they usually kill my buzz. Plus I never buy weed here too, it's like the McDonalds of Coffeeshops in my opinion. Although I did enjoy sitting at the one in Leidesplein as they had an outdoor area which was nice to sit at with a drink, smoking what I had bought elsewhere and watching the world go by the busy square area.

Green Place, Grey Area, Rookies in De Pijp, Bush Doctor, Picasso, Bagheera are ones I've also enjoyed. Although everytime I go Dam, Grey Area is ridiculously busy so I've never had a chance to sit in a smoke there. Goes for most of the coffeeshops people recommend, once you actually go there you'll find they are over crowded and pretty buzz killing if you just like to chill and vape/smoke. Het Gelderse is a good one if you like some quiet, never seen it busy and its still pretty central to Amsterdam, near Central Station.

For bars that you can smoke weed in, I would advise Wonder Lounge - there's 3 I think - they have comfy chill areas and you can even have your weed put in a shisha hookah too. There's a few bars in the RLD where you can smoke but they are usually full of stag and hen do's.

You can also go to Kokopeli's and blaze at the back of the shop looking towards the Canal in the 'trip area' although its best to ask them if you can blaze first. You'll have to buy a drink or something. The area is for customers who are tripping on Magic Truffles so they get priority. Although most psychonauts will blaze a few joints too so I have never had any problems. One of my favourite places to go in Dam. €

Outside of Dam, I would recommend Haarlem - there are a few coffeeshops there where you'll find the weed cheaper and just as good. Will Wortles Sativa is just outside the train station - it only takes 15 mins to Amsterdam Central and is in between the Airport too.

Got some nice silver haze in Alkmaar but can't remember the name of the Coffeeshop, it's near the train station. Got 1g for €6 when it was at least €12 in Amsterdam, usually more.

Went to Centrum Coffeeshop in Rotterdam but you couldn't smoke. Only buy, roll and leave. Seemed to be the policy in Rotterdam coffeeshops, although I only went to 3 of them. The prices were a lot cheaper too, probably cheapest I have seen. I heard there's a few where you can sit in and smoke but I did not find them.

I felt more hostility in the Coffeeshops outside of Amsterdam so don't expect a friendly welcome. Maybe learn some basic phrases in Dutch like hello, goodbye etc and they might feel more sure about you, I guess they are just not used to seeing non-locals coming in.

Hope this helps anyone.

• Like 2

Couple of trips back I found my way to 1ehulp. Bought some weed and goes to sit down and the bud tender goes.. You have to buy a drink. I never wanted one at the time, not to say I wasn't going to purchase one in a bit. But after the walk I just wanted to sit and roll a nice fat joint for a moment.. But no, the guy wouldn't let me sit in unless I bought a drink aswell as weed... So i just left mumbling to myself... lol

rude as fuk. I won't be rushing back. Unfortunately. :(

Bluebird coffee shop (good selection) were i got half ounce of OG to bring back :) and some hashish also have few volcano's to use.

they have a book with tons to choose from hash skunk and weed, ask what the people be hind the counter what they are smoking, alot of weed is churned out in dam so not finished properly.

i found the social clubs in spain better, joined bob marley in barcalona wicked selection, best thing about it you could chill out NO forcing to buy drinks, play a bit pingpong, you do have to join each club(not cheap) so you just go to one buy what you need for your holiday, i went snowboarding. aslo the view across the roof in the morning when the sun comes up is sick, massive spliff as the sun rises.

Edited by Percygrower321