Dinafem CBD grow

Guest b33lz33bub

@@b33lz33bub looking good man. making me think of doing some more CBDs next go. im liking the look of those genetics too

btw, if you open up your gallery in another window, find the image and size you want (there are various sizes to choose from), right click on the image then select copy image url/location etc. then come into your post and go to add image and paste in the link. i think these little thumbs are too small on tablet.

Very helpful information on picture uploading which some members do have oroblems with. Tgank you for the little tutorial im sure some members will find it very useful..

Nice picture update too, nice size and quality thank you

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

@@Dinafem-Mark yeah, the image facilities here are a bit odd, im not a fan of the thumbnail images. i much prefer to see big pics, we all want to see nice weed pics after all :)

Thank you im sure some members will find this very handy :)

All the best

D-M..

Guest b33lz33bub

@KanedAndUnable Sorry fella I'm going to stick with the thumbs as its a pain in the arse otherwise. Can you click on the thumbs to see the big pics ?

Ball ache ball ache BALL ACHE.

That's all I've had from my Bergdorf air conditioner. My unit packed up last week and I discovered my room at 42oC. Luckily I found it before I went away for a few days otherwise the plants would have been toast. This is the second unit that's failed on me, the first I put down to bad luck, but it seems there have been loads of problems according to my grow shop (who have a chain of 8 shops). I'll save you the long rant and just say that when the crop is done I'll be returning the replacement to get my money back. Bergdorf obviously don't have any grow room experience, yet their cuntsomer service will bullshit you happily pretending that they do.

I don't use emoticons much, but where's the really fucking pissed off one ? Ah, this will do :ranting: and one for the Bergdorf cuntsomer service :wanker:

I'm well into running a closed room with Co2 and high temps and humidity as the plants have loved it. But, I need to have trust that things will be reliable. Think I'll take a look at the Opticlimate - anyone used it ?

Here's the room at 33 days 12/12

Humidity is down to 55% lights on as I've upped the light power and the AC unit is working harder , and collecting more condensed water . Lights off it's about 70 % with the dehumidifer going constantly . Temps are at 28 oC light on 24-5 oC off, Co2 at 1000ppm lights on . I'm wondering whether I should drop the temp a degree or 2 now that the relative humidity is down ? More research to be done..........

The last feed was at EC 1.5 , ph 6.3 , with 1m/l PK , 0.5 m/l cal mag, 1.5 m/l boost. There's quite a few burnt leaf tip so I'll back off next feed . A couple of plants are showing sign of problems with a few leaf spots but on the whole they're looking spot on . I normally get to higher EC than this but I'm thinking it might be due to the low EC water (0.2) I'm using compared to tap water at EC 0.6 , which means I'm putting more Flores in per litre.

Thera are lots of lovely smells coming out of the room now, will have a go at trying to describe them later.

R1

R2

R3

R4

R5

Critical Mass - Quite sativa like in the stretch and bud formation . Putting on the resin now and setting the buds . Can imagine that these will fill out nicely.

C1

C2

C3

C4

Power Kush and White Siberian - These are flowering quickest with buds well setting and packing on the resin.

pkws1

pkws2

Pk

Ws

Shark Shock

Ss1

Ss2

Ss3

Ss4

The Sharks are behind the others in flowering , looking more sativa growth pattern. One is particularly slow........
atb fellas
Edited by b33lz33bub

@KanedAndUnable Sorry fella I'm going to stick with the thumbs as its a pain in the arse otherwise. Can you click on the thumbs to see the big pics ?

Ball ache ball ache BALL ACHE.

That's all I've had from my Bergdorf air conditioner. My unit packed up last week and I discovered my room at 42oC. Luckily I found it before I went away for a few days otherwise the plants would have been toast. This is the second unit that's failed on me, the first I put down to bad luck, but it seems there have been loads of problems according to my grow shop (who have a chain of 8 shops). I'll save you the long rant and just say that when the crop is done I'll be returning the replacement to get my money back. Bergdorf obviously don't have any grow room experience, yet their cuntsomer service will bullshit you happily pretending that they do.

I don't use emoticons much, but where's the really fucking pissed off one ? Ah, this will do :ranting: and one for the Bergdorf cuntsomer service :wanker:

I'm well into running a closed room with Co2 and high temps and humidity as the plants have loved it. But, I need to have trust that things will be reliable. Think I'll take a look at the Opticlimate - anyone used it ?

Here's the room at 33 days 12/12

Humidity is down to 55% lights on as I've upped the light power and the AC unit is working harder , and collecting more condensed water . Lights off it's about 70 % with the dehumidifer going constantly . Temps are at 28 oC light on 24-5 oC off, Co2 at 1000ppm lights on . I'm wondering whether I should drop the temp a degree or 2 now that the relative humidity is down ? More research to be done..........

The last feed was at EC 1.5 , ph 6.3 , with 1m/l PK , 0.5 m/l cal mag, 1.5 m/l boost. There's quite a few burnt leaf tip so I'll back off next feed . A couple of plants are showing sign of problems with a few leaf spots but on the whole they're looking spot on . I normally get to higher EC than this but I'm thinking it might be due to the low EC water (0.2) I'm using compared to tap water at EC 0.6 , which means I'm putting more Flores in per litre.

Thera are lots of lovely smells coming out of the room now, will have a go at trying to describe them later.

Critical Mass - Quite sativa like in the stretch and bud formation . Putting on the resin now and setting the buds . Can imagine that these will fill out nicely.

Power Kush and White Siberian - These are flowering quickest with buds well setting and packing on the resin.

Shark Shock

The Sharks are behind the others in flowering , looking more sativa growth pattern. One is particularly slow........

atb fellas

Things are looking great mate even with the issues you have had :(. 42o is very high and glad you got it under control :)

Great picture update keep them coming :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest b33lz33bub

Day 46 12/12

Things are coming on very nicely. Buds are really swelling and packing on the resin, lots of lovely smells that I struggle to find names for. But, lots of shoe polish, leather and fruity overtones. I'll see if I can take some pics tonight with the flash to show off the resin a bit better.

Temps are still at 28 / 29 oC light on 24/ 26 oC lights off.

I've brought the relative humidity down to 45-50 % lights on 50-60 % lights off. The dehumidifier is on all the time but can't keep the RH down below 65 -70 % by iteself lights out, so I've put a 1 kw heater in there to make the AC work harder and that's done the trick. Got the idea when reading about the opticlimate water cooling unit, which handles humidity as well as temps, and lights off it dehumidifies by cooling the air and condensing moisture, then reheating the air to go back into the grow room. It feels a bit weird cooling then reheating, but the RH has to come down now especially at lights off. Another option might would be to run fully closed daytime then extract at night to reduce the RH.

I'm feeding 70-80l every 2 days now, I'm guessing that the reduced RH makes the plants transpire faster ?

Feeds went to EC1.5 on one feed about 1 days ago, then I've been slowly backing off to EC1.2. The strongest feed had PK in at 1.5 m/l and I've eased that off to 0.5 m/l last feed. The last week 10 days I'll be feeding with GH Ripen, which a mate gave me a while ago, as I've run out of Terra. They're getting 1 m/l of the shogun boost until flush. I chuck a splash of superthrive in from time to time too. PH has been 6.3 - 6.5.

I was trying to figure out why the plants in the middle had curling leaves and were showing signs of deficiences while the one's at the side looked green and lush. I figured that it could be due to the dryer and cooler air from the AC blowing directly on them, so I fought my way in and raised the AC unit as high as it would go. One of the advantages of running a closed room is that the plants are supposed to respond well to higher relative humidity, and the plants directly under teh AC unit have much lower RH. It seems to have worked as the leaves are deteriating slower. If i run this system again I"ll get the AC unit up near the roof and mix the air as much as I can with fans before it reaches the plants.

Critical - These are looking the closest to being ready. I think I'll give them one more feed then plain water for a week and pull them out. Some are falling over under their own weight.

C1

C2

C3

Critical Mass CBD

C5

C6

C7

C8

Power Kush (front ) and White Siberian - These and the SS look like they could go another 2 weeks.

Pk Ws1

Pk Ws2

PK

Pk1

Pk2

WS

Ws1

Ws2

SS

Ss1

Ss2

Ss3

Ss4

Room shots

R1

R2

R3

R4

@@sn00py thanks fella

I took some photos with the flash lights off. Gives a different feel

What a beautiful update to come to on a Monday. Things look great, I would say a couple more weeks then choo time :).

I think you could be right about the centre plants maybe getting colder due to the ac but temps and rh look bang on and your plants look great,super healthy looking. So keep doing what you are doing mate. Nice job and thank you for the picture update :)

All the best

D-M..

Guest b33lz33bub

@@Dinafem-Mark

Thanks mate. Yes I reckon I'll wait 2 weeks and take them all at the same time, 9 weeks 12/12.

I think its likely that it's the low RH that causes the problem more than the cool temps. The cool dry air is blown down onto the plants from the AC unit in the middle before mixing with warmer moist air in the room. From what i read it's the high RH that the plants do well with, and with co2 the temps can be higher too. Most of the opticlimate set ups I've seen have an air duct at the top of the room dispersing the cool air evenly and letting it fall gently down onto the plants.

Guest b33lz33bub

@sn00py@sy100276@botanics@KanedAndUnable

Thanks for the comments fellas

I found some bud rot on day 52 12/12 so I decided to harvest the lot. Just a little bit of mould right at the centre of some of the big colas on about 5 or 6 plants. Nothing much weight wise but a bit of a pisser to pull apart the beautiful colas. I'm glad I caught it before it spread further. The Criticals were pretty much done along with the White Siberian and Power Kush, but the Shark shocks could have done with another week or so. Everything is covered in resin and the buds are very dense as they dry.

The air con (pun intended) had been playing up again in the last few weeks, so I'd really struggled to keep the RH down consistently, which is why I guess the bud rot got in. It's going back to the shop tomorrow and I'll go back to standard fans for the winter. The buds are very dense and frosty so I'll probably try a closed room with Co2 again, likely using the Opticlimate. It's been a lot of ball ache keeping in running but I'm very impressed with the results. No regrets, I like to try new stuff.

The photos I took came out shit but this one gives you some idea. I'll take some dry bud shots later.

There were lots of these..........

gallery_89820_11452_583852.jpg

Sorry to hear that the dreaded bud rot got hold of a few buds. Good call on dropping the whole crop. Bud rot can totally decimate a whole grow very, very fast. So good to know you only lost a few buds.

Can I ask was it confined to 1 specific strain?

Thank you for the update. Do you have your winter grow planned?

All the best

D-M..