Dinafem CBD grow

Guest b33lz33bub

You can upload up to 750kb per pic , that should be more then decent,i get them around 500kb and they are good quality. I use pic resizer.

• Like 1

Thank you for the picture update it is very much appreciated :)

Ill try and find a fix for the picture issue :)

All the best

D-M..

@@Herbal Kint - what size do you resize them to ? I usually do them to 1024 x 768 . Is there a way to upload bigger photos but display smaller pics on the thread ?

You could look into Picassa3 it will just shrink the size but retain the quality if the pictures you upload?.

All the best

D-M..

Guest b33lz33bub

I'm just trying to upload better quality pics. let's see what these look like. I'm going to add them using the My media button instad of pasting in the BB code.

@@Dinafem-Mark I'm using preview on an old Mac to resize them and, to be honest, the quality isn't great as I have an old shitty digital camera that I'm using since my decent one broke, but some definitely get more compressed on the upload. I'm trying only resizing them to about 70 % and then tweaking tyhe jpeg size when I save it. The combination of the lights give the photos a really strange hue, I might try switching off the HPS before I take the next pics.

Below is taken through one of the narrow doors to the grow room, and to give you some idea of scale, the plants you can see here cover about 1.3 x 1.3 m and are waist height. In the above shot the growroom is 1.35 m wide.

It looks a bit better, gonna have to replace my broken Canon G13 when I get some spare cash.
Edited by b33lz33bub

I'm just trying to upload better quality pics. let's see what these look like. I'm going to add them using the My media button instad of pasting in the BB code.

@@Dinafem-Mark I'm using preview on an old Mac to resize them and, to be honest, the quality isn't great as I have an old shitty digital camera that I'm using since my decent one broke, but some definitely get more compressed on the upload. I'm trying only resizing them to about 70 % and then tweaking tyhe jpeg size when I save it. The combination of the lights give the photos a really strange hue, I might try switching off the HPS before I take the next pics.

Below is taken through one of the narrow doors to the grow room, and to give you some idea of scale, the plants you can see here cover about 1.3 x 1.3 m and are waist height. In the above shot the growroom is 1.35 m wide.

It looks a bit better, gonna have to replace my broken Canon G13 when I get some spare cash.

Taking photos under a hps can be a real headache I use my method7s to cover the lense lol or take shots with no light and let the flash do the work..

Your bottom shot looks fine mate :)

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

Guest b33lz33bub

13 days at 12/12

I took my lad and his mate camping in the woods for 3 days this week, and was happy to see the plants really put on the stretch when I got back. I've supercropped all of the main stems, to even out the canopy, and added canes and pea netting for support. I brought he Co2 down to 400 ppm for a couple of days to slow the stretch down a bit, as I'll be getting close to my headroom in here, but I've brough it back up to 1000ppm now that all the side branches are growing well. I might be getting a bit close to my headroom by the end of the stretch, will have to wait and see. The canes in the pictures are 1.2 m high to give you an idea of the plant size.

I've given them a good under-skirt trim, which always make them look a bit straggly for a few days. They seem to be bouncing back.

Temps have been 26 o C lights on , 24 o C off, RH around 60 on, % 70% lights off. I'll keep the humidity up for another week or so then slowly bring it down to around 45 % by the end of flowering. I'm not sure whether the dehumidifier will be up to the job, but I'll be upping the power of the lights over the next couple of weeks and ass the AC unit works harder it will collect more condensed water (since it'll be cooler).

I've switched to Canna terra flores, shogun flower boost 1.5 m/l , and one feed 0.5 m/l cal mag. EC has been 1.1 then 1.2. I'm watering about 65 / 70 litres every 3 days.

My PH pen seems to have given up the ghost so can't do anything about the PH.

I'm using about 2/3 distilled water, from the condensed water, mixed with 1/3 tap water.

I'll stop the root stim now and slowly increase the EC.

Critical

down the room

Power Kush and White Siberian

Shark shock

Down the room the other way

An example of the supercropping

I took cuttings about a week ago, about half are showing roots in the plugs already.

Edited by b33lz33bub

13 days at 12/12

I took my lad and his mate camping in the woods for 3 days this week, and was happy to see the plants really put on the stretch when I got back. I've supercropped all of the main stems, to even out the canopy, and added canes and pea netting for support. I brought he Co2 down to 400 ppm for a couple of days to slow the stretch down a bit, as I'll be getting close to my headroom in here, but I've brough it back up to 1000ppm now that all the side branches are growing well. I might be getting a bit close to my headroom by the end of the stretch, will have to wait and see. The canes in the pictures are 1.2 m high to give you an idea of the plant size.

I've given them a good under-skirt trim, which always make them look a bit straggly for a few days. They seem to be bouncing back.

Temps have been 26 o C lights on , 24 o C off, RH around 60 on, % 70% lights off. I'll keep the humidity up for another week or so then slowly bring it down to around 45 % by the end of flowering. I'm not sure whether the dehumidifier will be up to the job, but I'll be upping the power of the lights over the next couple of weeks and ass the AC unit works harder it will collect more condensed water (since it'll be cooler).

I've switched to Canna terra flores, shogun flower boost 1.5 m/l , and one feed 0.5 m/l cal mag. EC has been 1.1 then 1.2. I'm watering about 65 / 70 litres every 3 days.

My PH pen seems to have given up the ghost so can't do anything about the PH.

I'm using about 2/3 distilled water, from the condensed water, mixed with 1/3 tap water.

I'll stop the root stim now and slowly increase the EC.

Critical

down the room

Power Kush and White Siberian

Shark shock

Down the room the other way

An example of the supercropping

I took cuttings about a week ago, about half are showing roots in the plugs already.

What a great detailed update very much appreciated. Things look great very lush and healthy :)

You have a few of our strains going have you grown these strains before? If so do you have a favourite?

Things look great and please keep these great uodates coming :) we ar Dinafem love reading them

All the best

D-M..

• Like 1

Guest b33lz33bub

@@Dinafem-Mark

Thanks mate. First time with all of these strains, the CBDs you sent me but the PK and WS were freebies I got sent about 3 years ago. I grew your Cali hash plant a few years back which turned out nicely (its in a diary on here under a different username). Looking forward to seeing what these turn out like. I'll be starting off seeds for the next crop in a week or so's time - just trying to decide what to go for............

@@Dinafem-Mark

Thanks mate. First time with all of these strains, the CBDs you sent me but the PK and WS were freebies I got sent about 3 years ago. I grew your Cali hash plant a few years back which turned out nicely (its in a diary on here under a different username). Looking forward to seeing what these turn out like. I'll be starting off seeds for the next crop in a week or so's time - just trying to decide what to go for............

There is a thread going on here mate im doing seeds for diary again with the 4 new strains and the 2 older high cbd strains :). Chuck your name in mate :)

All the best

D-M..

Guest b33lz33bub

@@sy100276 thanks mate

Here we are at day 22 12/12

Back from the lovely Shambala festival, a good time was had by the whole family. Think I had slightly too much of a good time as I've have been paying for it in the last couple of day, seemed like a good idea at the time....they say you live and learn but in this case I'm not so sure.

Things are moving on nicely in the room. A couple of plants are looking slightly hungry and yellow, and a fair amount of the lower shaded fan leaves have dropped. I gave them a fairly brutal thinning out and second lower trim as things were getting very crowded, especially the shark shock, white siberian and power kush, as they don't have as much space as the critical. The longer I grow the more I seem to prune and thin out, to leave plenty of space for the stronger colas to get more light and air. It seems to pay off by the end, although I usually get a slight schincter tighening as I see how much has come out!

The last feed was up to EC 1.4 with about 3 - 4 m/l flores, 0.5 m/l PK, 0.5 m/l cal mag and 1.5 m/l dragon boost. I bought a new ph pen and after the feeds had gone in the ph was at 6.2, so no need to correct it. I went to measure the Ec of the condensed water and thought my EC wand had died until I realised that it was at 0 EC ! I've read on Icmag, from some the US closed room growers, that this water is completely stripped of all the mineral content, even more so than RO water, and that it can cause wild PH fluctuations, so it's good to add some tap water. Good, 'cos that's what I've been doing !

I'm starting to lower the humidity a bit, with the dehumidifer working more, although it's hard to know what the true reading is as it fluctuates quite a bit with the interaction between the AC, dehumid and heat, and depending on where the readings are taken in the room. I think I'll look for a data logger when I've got some cash to see what's going on average over time. Of course, I'm looking at the plants to see if they are doing ok, and there are 2 or 3 that have mild leaf curling due to heat or light stress, but the rest look good. It's been between 55 - 60 % lights on and 60-70 % light off.

Temps at the top of the canopy are up to 28 / 29 oC now that the AC thermostat is lower down in the canopy, with mid canopy more 26 oC. Again it depends a lot on where the thermometers are - seems very difficult to get a 'true' air temp reading. I'll keep looking at the plants

Down the room shots

R1

R2

Critical

C1

C2

C3

C4

Power Kush (front) and White Siberian

pkws1

pkws2

PK WS

Pk

Ws

Shark Shock

Ss1

Ss2

Ss3

I'm still figuring out the new room and have had a couple of problems with the irrigation. How to deal with the condensed water, what sort of timer system to use when I go away etc. It's all good though as I'm loving having something new to learn.

@@sy100276 thanks mate

Here we are at day 22 12/12

Back from the lovely Shambala festival, a good time was had by the whole family. Think I had slightly too much of a good time as I've have been paying for it in the last couple of day, seemed like a good idea at the time....they say you live and learn but in this case I'm not so sure.

Things are moving on nicely in the room. A couple of plants are looking slightly hungry and yellow, and a fair amount of the lower shaded fan leaves have dropped. I gave them a fairly brutal thinning out and second lower trim as things were getting very crowded, especially the shark shock, white siberian and power kush, as they don't have as much space as the critical. The longer I grow the more I seem to prune and thin out, to leave plenty of space for the stronger colas to get more light and air. It seems to pay off by the end, although I usually get a slight schincter tighening as I see how much has come out!

The last feed was up to EC 1.4 with about 3 - 4 m/l flores, 0.5 m/l PK, 0.5 m/l cal mag and 1.5 m/l dragon boost. I bought a new ph pen and after the feeds had gone in the ph was at 6.2, so no need to correct it. I went to measure the Ec of the condensed water and thought my EC wand had died until I realised that it was at 0 EC ! I've read on Icmag, from some the US closed room growers, that this water is completely stripped of all the mineral content, even more so than RO water, and that it can cause wild PH fluctuations, so it's good to add some tap water. Good, 'cos that's what I've been doing !

I'm starting to lower the humidity a bit, with the dehumidifer working more, although it's hard to know what the true reading is as it fluctuates quite a bit with the interaction between the AC, dehumid and heat, and depending on where the readings are taken in the room. I think I'll look for a data logger when I've got some cash to see what's going on average over time. Of course, I'm looking at the plants to see if they are doing ok, and there are 2 or 3 that have mild leaf curling due to heat or light stress, but the rest look good. It's been between 55 - 60 % lights on and 60-70 % light off.

Temps at the top of the canopy are up to 28 / 29 oC now that the AC thermostat is lower down in the canopy, with mid canopy more 26 oC. Again it depends a lot on where the thermometers are - seems very difficult to get a 'true' air temp reading. I'll keep looking at the plants

Down the room shots

Critical

Power Kush (front) and White Siberian

PK WS

Shark Shock

I'm still figuring out the new room and have had a couple of problems with the irrigation. How to deal with the condensed water, what sort of timer system to use when I go away etc. It's all good though as I'm loving having something new to learn.

It is always good to try something new and it makes growing that bit more challenging and interesting.

Things look great and by the sound of things you had a great getaway

All the best

D-M..

@@b33lz33bub looking good man. making me think of doing some more CBDs next go. im liking the look of those genetics too

btw, if you open up your gallery in another window, find the image and size you want (there are various sizes to choose from), right click on the image then select copy image url/location etc. then come into your post and go to add image and paste in the link. i think these little thumbs are too small on tablet.

• Like 2